1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SNG/Sonyeongi Series : cafe SWITCH - SHINO

Apr 27, 2010

1. I'm so excited about Shino! I actually ordered two - one for me and one for my best friend. I've been looking at bodies, trying to find a good one for them. I know that DZ normal-yellow is a pretty good match for Volks, so I'm hoping it will work for the boys!

2. Eeee, three weeks waiting down! *bounces*

3. his's so beautiful! i like shino, but prefer to javi

4. Shipping news! From the website:

Notice on delayed shipping schedule for SHINO from SWITCH:

Recently we, SWITCH, were informed of transactions of Sonyeongi's illegally copied heads on international doll communities. Currently SWITCH is preparing prevention action regarding this matter and new type of certification of authenticity and plates will be applied starting with cafe SWITCH's SHINO.

Due to the new application of this certification of authenticity, shipping schedule will be delayed and we are truly sorry to tell you that.
      SHINO's first shipping period will begin in the first week of June.
      We will do our best to bring you the best quality and most gorgeous doll.

Thank You.

I was sad when I saw the subject line, but that's hardly a delay at all - first week of June! Eeeee! Time to start thinking about which face-up artist I want to send him to when he arrives :)

5. Exciting news about a new face-up option from SNG/Switch!

[​IMG]

+ [New!] Make Up Service +
      June. 2010, the Make-Up Service is started in SWITCH!
      The Clients can order the 2 types make-up styles as naturaly type :"Gentle Brown" and fascinating type : "Pure Vilolet".
      The Ordering will start on 2010.06.04.
      Please visit our Website. :)

To our customers who purchased SHINO and want makeup service:
      SWITCH is offering makeup service starting this June.
      If you have purchased SHINO and would like additional makeup service,
      you may purchase the makeup service plan available on our website.
      If your name doesn't match with the one you placed SHINO's order under,
      please make a note in the 'order comment' area.
      If you add makeup service to your order of SHINO, shipping will be delayed by 1-2 weeks.
      Please make sure you agree with this term before you place additional makeup order.​

The email also says to be sure to choose paypal rather than credit card when paying for the face-up, otherwise you'll get charged for shipping twice. Doesn't look like the website has been updated yet to show the prices, but hopefully later today it will be. :) I'm guessing that the top face-up in the picture is the brown, and the bottom one the violet, which has more blush.

I'm really pleased to see they're offering this - I'll almost certainly be getting my Shino head a face-up from them. Probably the gentle brown, as I love the natural look he has in the publicity pics!

6. It seems they haven't put up the notice or information on their website even though it is already the 4th. I"m waiting on it. I guess the brown isn't the same as promotional make-up since that is their own Shino XD I like that particular face-up a lot.

7. Information is up on the website! I went for the brown face-up - the violet is pretty, but I think it makes him look a bit younger than I'm after. I requested slightly lighter brown eyebrows and less black at the corners of the lips, so fingers crossed it'll all work out - it's a nice natural face-up, and I'm pleased I don't have to go through the stress of sending out the head to a commissioner, tbh!

8. Wow I originally wanted to send him to a face up artist, but I ended up ordering the pure violet face up. I asked for less to no blush on the chin though...I also hope it work out in the end :)
      Also, what are you guys using for the body when you receive Shino?

9. SWITCH have announced on their website that all the blank Shino heads have been shipped \o/ I wonder how long it'll take before the faced-up heads are shipped? Fingers crossed it'll be next week! *excited*

ebisama, I went for a DG normal skin body, ordered through Happy House. I really hope it's a good match, heh - I hear it is, but you never know until it's too late, lmao! I hear that Luts resin (any but Delf) is a good match, and also AOD y-normal. Do you have a body in mind?

10. WOW My Shinos were shipped yesterday (without faceup) from Korea and have already cleared customs in Chicago this morning! I should have them here by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I'll post pictures soon as I get my hands on them!

Right now I have an old (like 4-5 years old) Volks body that Avalon (my Shino) will be sharing. I plan to eventually get him his own, but I'm still undecided. I'm leaning towards a DZ 65cm but I don't want him to be that tall!

11. Eeeee, how exciting, Branchuchan! I can't wait to see piccies of your boy! <3

12. I got the boys today and they are GORGEOUS! They come with a really neat card for their certificate of authenticity, and are vacuum sealed in a bag inside their plastic boxes!

I popped a pair of acrylic 18mm eyes into Avalon just to see how they look, but the way his eye shape is sculpted, I think that soft glass/Soom eyes will fit the best. There's some gaping with the harder types of eyes. 18mm is also a bit too big for me, and I think that I'll be ordering him some 16mm Soom eyes once I can manage to afford it.

I'll be posting pictures soon as the humidity here allows for me to do a faceup. I'd post pictures now but I have a pet peeve about people posting faceupless dolls.

13. http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ew-boy-Avalon-SNG-Shino&p=6465080#post6465080

If anyone is doing their own faceups, I suggest that you use acrylic and not watercolor pencil for the details like lashes and eyebrows. The resin has a texture that isn't quite smooth so it makes the pencils look a bit rough. I'm going to have to redo Avalon's faceup, but I just wanted to get something on him so that you guys could see him!

14. Fab to see pics! He's so lovely :aheartbea I have hopes SWITCH will send my boy next week... fingers crossed! I want to see if he matches the body I got him... How much do you think your SD13 body has yellowed? I wonder if our boys might have to find a love of scarfs, lmao.

15. Aiiiiiii - I just checked my email and SHIPPING NOTICE :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

The tracking number doesn't work yet, but hopefully it will by tomorrow. Last item I bought, the tracking only started working once I'd already received the item in question, lmao.

Ah, I'm so excited! And nervous about how much the customs charge is going to be - *gloom* I don't think SWITCH mark down, so I see pain in my future!

16. I received my Shino yesterday :)

I'm not sure if it suits Volks skin so much, I think it will be better off with a Luts body or some other more opaque looking resins.
      Other than that, he looks gorgeous. The head is smaller than I thought and he has really small ears, but he's so cute nonetheless. Will post pictures once I give him face up :)

17. I got my Shino last week. He's a bit lighter in color than my other NS SNG dolls. He's pretty close to the Luts real skin, but not exactly. He looks adorable on the Junior Delf body!

18. That's awesome to know! If he doesn't look good on the DG body I bought him, I might give that body to my incoming Luts event head, and buy Shino a JDF body later in the year.

Right now, my Shino is languishing in customs, alas! ETA: he left customs! So I suspect I'll be recieving the ransom note tomorrow, heh. He's nearly home! <3

19. Guys, can anyone tell me how much SNG heads cost? I can't find the price, or may be I'm looking for it in the wrong place?(