1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SNG/Sonyeongi Series : cafe SWITCH - SHINO

Apr 27, 2010

1. Vanilla.Sky, the heads are only sold during a specific time period - and it's unclear whether they're going to re-release any heads - which is why there are no prices. I don't think they have re-released in the past. Shino, their last head, was $120, if I remember right, with shipping another $20, though I don't know if dreaming Milhwa (omg, love!) will be more expensive because he's limited to just 50.

2. They said they were not going to resell any of their old heads at this point.
      The old head was somewhere around $140/head. Now, it's $160/head. With shipping and make up, it will be 230? I think it's bit too much for a head. I hope their regular heads prices stay 140.

The Shino I received wasn't really in good condition. The surface was pretty rough like others say. Their heads weren't like that before... But above all, the head wasn't symmetry. I don't really care about their certification cards and stuff like that; I want them to increase and stabilize the quality of the heads.

3. I'm sorry to hear your Shino didn't meet your expectations, Anon01 :( I couldn't be happier with mine - I went for the make-up, and they did a wonderful job. I'd have gone for Hahwa too if I had the money.

4. Certification is very import to them. The reason they did this certification deal was because of bootleg recast was discovered before Shino release. So they spend time and delayed shipping because they try to figure a way to help people ID authentic heads better. I sure wouldn't want to end up with a fake head from 2nd hand market and don't want to have people question the authenticity of my SNG head if I were to sell it later. So certification is really important in this case.

I haven't open my Shino heads however so I can't speak about the quality. But when I received Milhwa the inside of his eyesocket was chipped and had a piece of resin that was partially peeling off. So I had to sand both eyes to make them smooth and even. but that wasn't a hard thing to do.

5. who_la_hoop, thanks for the kind words.

I know why they start making the certification cards. I can read their website's announcement... The certification's necessary for auctions-resell (which I personally don't care that much because I won't buy dolls from auctions. I buy dolls only from the official website and official dealers) and mainly for company. It's not like they are doing some Satogaeri-service like Volks does. As a customer, I don't care about the delay and I didn't complain about it. Because I totally understand how it is important for the company to stop the piracy. But personally, I don't care about the certification cards anyway. I'm happy with a regular old fashioned paper certification and a good quality doll from the official store... If the price of the prastic cards will make the doll heads price increase or lower the quality of the doll heads, I don't need a fancy card. But that's my opinion. Opinions are personal, aren't they? And my opinion doesn't really matter because I'm just a customer. I won't certainly pay $200 or $300 for a doll head with this quality but it's just me.

>But when I received Milhwa the inside of his eyesocket was chipped and had a piece of resin that was partially peeling off. So I had to sand both eyes to make them smooth and even. but that wasn't a hard thing to do

You are too sweet. I would be so disappointed if I were you. My SHINO head's magnets were off when I opened the box. But that part was easy to fix. I still don't satisfied with the product quality. But I'll just wait till quality increase anyway because I still like their heads' designs...

Thanks for the reply. I hope everyone got what they wanted and be happy.

6. hello )
      somebody told me, that Javi is switch's doll too... but i can't find any picture of him on this site T_T (i mean switch site)

7. Javi is from when Switch was still called So-nyeon-gi. There are no pictures of him on the Switch site (or any of the other heads they made under the old name).

8. anybody going to jump on the "Switch: SO Long and Thanks!" event? when it ever opens? i'm curious as to what the "internal discussions" is about. maybe increase the number of sets? just my luck tho, they run out before I get a chance to order :sweat

9. I can`t wait to order the new "lucky bag" of Switch *___* I really want to get another Hawha for my collection! Maybe someone could also open a exchange thread like for the Dollheart "lucky bags" :)

10. Kei-chan2008, that's what I was planning to do. :3 Rather like the Dollheart fukubukuro trading thread, but we'll need one in the Larger Dolls, Wigs/Eyes and Clothing subforums.

Also, Switch has a new wig - the Financier Cut.

[​IMG]

I love it! It looks like the Chocolate Cut, but with a flip to the ends.

I want a Hahwa so badly. ;____;

11. I need to get this wig for my Hawha D: I want to order it together with the lucky bad but I`m worried that the wig will be sold out very fast =___=

12. Order it now, and ask them to combine order! That's what I did. Their wigs always sell fast, so quick! >D

13. Thanks for the advice!

14. I really hope they would rerelease him, hes gorgeous >< SNG always has an unique look about them.