1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

so do you think of your mini as

Jun 10, 2008

1. Late teens for all but Thorben (Lati Rei Cris) and I see him as being in his early 20s. They're all mature minis and physically look like adults, so they wouldn't look right dressed as kids.

2. My future mini is a 15 year old boy

3. My MiniFees are all kids... They range in age from 10 (Ryuko, a Sleeping Shiwoo girl, and Min, a Shushu-) to 13 (Norami, a Sleeping Shushu).

If they were the only size I had, I might be able to see them as adult or teen sculpts, but when they're sitting here next to my Delfs, there's just no way. They all look like kids to me. :sweat

4. All my minis are mature minis, so I've kept them all agewise as teenagers :)

5. Because I consider all of my dolls in one storyline, my roommate and I figured out exactly what height they would be if they were people - so my SDs are adults, and my MSDs are eight year olds or so.

6. i havn't recieved my ariel yet but, even though she has an immature bodyi would still think of her as a tenn a preteen at the very least her features are just to mature for a child i think

7. I'm getting DOD Petsha and I already know without seeing her yet. Her body is very mature, I can't help thinking of her as an adult that's just vertically challenged. I'm also getting DZ Cat-Shoyo, I see her in her later teens if not juuuust 20. I want to get a "boyfriend" for my Petsha but "mature" male MSD's are hard to find... I'll probably just get another DOC, they tend to be more mature looking..

8. Well...I don't have my Sprite yet, but she's not going to be a child, despite the fact that she's got an immature body and is so much smaller than my boys. She's actually going to be a sprite, since all of my dolls are non-human and she obviously can't be one with those ears. She's a fantasy creature as are the rest of them, and looks less mature because of her age and species, but is by no means a little girl. It makes sense to me for her to be smaller in proportion to the others, as they're meant to be around the same height as adult male humans and she's not, since her species is smaller as a whole than the others' are. (Huh...I think I actually just made some kind of sense there. Who'd a thunk it? :lol:)

9. I see mine as a variety of ages.

My DM Asha looks the oldest of the bunch. Age-wise? Maybe mid-20s.

My MNF Shiwoo and Tanned El seem roughly the same age. My storyline says differently. :) Both look like (older) teenagers to me.

My Mythdoll Little Leroi and my DOC Zen both look a bit younger than the MNFs but older than the Volks below. So for them, maybe mid-teens?

My Volks Maggie seems like a child. Her face and body are both much chubbier than the others' and she just feels younger.

10. Depends on the mini. Mine range from seventeen to timeless, the majority of them being in their twenties. I have a mature tiny (she's just SHORT for her age is all), but it's the tinies who are the children for the most part.

My SD will be a guardian being and not a real human. I had never planned to buy anyone his size and so having him be a human with the scale issues would be insane. My world is 41-45cm tall, lol. :)

11. I see my Sil as a teen (about 17-18) though Victor seems much older, even though he's a mini. The head mold has sharp cheekbones and it makes him look a lot more grown.

12. Because my mini's range in body type from mature (Unoa, AOD1/4) to immature (Dollstown), my immature's are automatically children (age 9-11), and my mature's are fae/fairies/elves/mythical creatures (age who knows) who befriend the children. I'm slowly modding my mature's still and it's a fun process, deciding who's going to be what. It also keeps me from being too weirded out by the similar heights but completely different maturities.

13. My DOC (old body) girl is a type of fae, so I don't think about her age. It is simply the body of her "race". I suppose I think of her as ageless, but not mature in behaviour or personality.

14. Well, my Shiwoos aren't human, they're youkai and a few hundred years old, but I usually consider them to be young adults of their species. Lossefaire is right though; fae and other spirits really are ageless.

15. We have several mini's and they are all different ages. LeeLee is a volks, she is about 6yo, Paisley is Bobobie Sprite, she is 12. Tempera, her mature bodied Sprite sister is 17, Dina is a DZ, she is about 20-22, and Sakura is an AOD, and she is 26-27.

16. mine are most definitely teens =)

17. Mineko (my daughter's Sprite) is about 3 or 4
      Hikari (my DZ Shoyo) is 15

18. I don't HAVE him yet, but I've got age plans for him and his slave. They're both in their early twenties, but one of them is four hundred and the other is one hundred. They are immortal humans. ^^; I'm so glad I'm not alone. I thought everyone viewed their minis as kids.

19. Kaetalya, my Bobobie Elf Sprite with a mature body, is an adult. She's 21 years old, but in today's time she is much older. I haven't quite figured exactly how old, but it's a couple hundred years. In my opinion, elves age differently than human beings depending on their lifestyle and will to live.

What makes an MSD a certain age is definitely the way you dress them and what wig you use. There's no set age for any of these dolls. The owner has the freedom to make the doll as old or young as they like.

I noticed some people said that their MSDs are younger because of the height compared to their SDs. If you think about it, adult humans are not all the same size. Some are shorter or taller than others. Knowing that as well, these dolls can be whatever age you want them to be.

:)

20. My current doll (a male Sprite) and my two incoming ones (AoD male Chi and female Yo) are all adults to me. I'm modelling them on original characters I designed years ago, all of whom are adults, so in turn their dolls have to be adult too. They're the only ones I have, though, and all the same scale, so I don't have any sizing problems with any of mine.