1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

So, How often do you have nightmares about something happening to your doll/s?

Jul 28, 2017

1. Before I bought my dolls, I had a dream that my girl was discontinued. And I knew that I would never be able to find her secondhand. So that pushed me to finally buy.

2. I had a nightmare once lol In my dream my mom got angry at me maybe because I spent a lot of money for my dolls in my dream and she decided (without my knowing) to sell my dolls.

3. My profession as an illustrator may have made me predisposed to get some really vivid and psychedelic dreams often, but thankfully I haven't had a nightmare worse than my girl's left eyelashes falling off with one light swipe.

I did have a really interesting and stress-free dream about my boy though, and as such I doubt I'll ever let go of him. =))

4. I had one last night. It felt so real I almost thought it was for a few moments after I woke.:shudder

I was looking at my boy, Tahmos, when I noticed that his faceup was horribly messed up. In the dream, it turned out my cat had tried giving his face a bath, and had done it so hard that she smeared and rubbed it really badly. He had horrible blue splotches around his eyes. It's not something my cat would normally do, so it was extra unsettling when I thought it was real. I'm grateful it turned to be just a dream:kitty2

5. I think it should be what terrible things will happen to anyone who touches my boys...

6. I've had several dreams where my girls have been lost, stolen, or worse; broken :shudder I'm glad to know I'm not the only person to have woken up in a bit of a stress thinking that my girls are damaged or altogether missing!

7. I am scared of my parents finding my hidden dolls and throwing away/ or giving it away with a remark that this is for my good.

8. You seem to have some anxiety there!! Which is perfectly reasonable, of course! I've only had maybe 1 or 2 bad dreams about that, and that was back when I got my first doll about 3 or 4 years ago. Had a dream a friend's sister broke my doll, and in my dream I ended up murdering the sister because of it. xD VERY DRASTIC REACTION, but I thought it was kind of funny I seemed to care that much about my doll. It's normal to dream about stuff you feel anxiety over. Just take the necessary precautions when handling and storing your dolls and you'll be fine!

9. I wouldn't say I had a nightmare of something happening to my dolls, but i did have a nightmare today all night every hour woke up that I missed an important deadline to purchase a beautiful doll outfit from one of my dream companies. I've been dreaming of owning one of these outfits for my male doll.i don't even know if the deadline is today. Also i dreamt of missing a deadline to buy peakswoods, but I didn't miss the deadline at all. I woke up panicking that I missed the deadline for peakswoods.

I have a feeling once I unbox all my dolls and set my room up I am going to start dreaming of being robbed of all my dolls.

I haven't been very active on doa, since I have been watching the site when I can. Everytime i have a chance I go watch the site.

10. ever since I saw here in DOA the post of lost dolls I'm afraid it might happen to me but an ex-boyfriend already happened to me he stole 4 bjds from him and took them to another state, fortunately I was able to recover them but all that time it was a nightmare for me:atremblin:pout::...(

11. I only remember having one nightmare about one of my dolls. I remember dreaming that my minifee girl (new then) fell from a very high shelf and broke.

More regularly, I dream about dolls I really want. I use this to determine whether or not I should commit to buy them. If I have a dream about the doll, I take it as a sign that they've occupied my mind to the extent that I should have them. I call it the dream test. I think it's also helped me scale back my purchases and have a higher chance of really loving what I buy.

12. Never honestly. But I do have good dreams about shopping for them and actually finding them in retail stores. :lol:

13. I don't really dream or get nightmares about my dolls, but sometimes when I'm working on them I get worried I'll break something or the resin will get damaged.

I haven't really thought about it until yesterday. Because a pipe broke on the floor above my apartment, and it caused a bubble to form on my kitchen's ceiling. It ended up poping and draining a lot of water into buckets that my roommate set up while I was in class. I'm lucky that my dolls/ nothing valuable was there and that the damage was really fixable.

Tbh, I just try to think about doll damage as a normal part of life. Dolls can break or need work all the time. Sometimes resin chips, parts need replaced, etc. It's just a normal part of maintenance. If you find yourself worrying about them getting damaged just try to remember that they are there for your enjoyment, not vice versa.

14. I recently had a period of high stress and I think my brain was trying to find something else to be stressed about rather than the main issue. In short, I got it into my head that two of my dolls' face ups were going to be ruined by something falling on them. There is nothing above where they sit, not even a ceiling vent. I put their face covers on and then thought the covers might slip and scratch the face ups. In the end, I took a space piece of light colored fabric and draped it over each of their heads. It was completely irrational and once the main stressor was resolved, my fear went away and now they sit happily uncovered as they had before.

15. I am always concerned about being taxed when the dolls arrive at the customs. Also, manufacturers do not cover the damage to the dolls caused by shipping and mishandling. Lastly, I fear I cannot find a buyer to take my doll soon enough. Without replenishing funds, I may miss the opportunity to order a new doll.

16. I don't know if this a nightmare but it made me happy somehow...

I dreamt of my first doll as if he was a real person. He was a kid, my first doll's character is 14 years old but in the dream he was like 10 years old. I hugged him and I felt so much love :( I can't have kids and having kids has always been my dream so in my dream I saw him as my son but later in the dream he fell and his face cracked!! It was weird because he was human but the face cracked like when a doll cracks and I woke up:(((

17. @Arletstar - That sounds like a sad dream! It is amazing how much emotion you can feel in a dream. I've had dreams that felt 100% emotionally real, even to the point the emotions lingered after waking.

Personally, I haven't yet dreamed of bad things happening to my dolls, but I have dreamed SO many times about finding the perfect doll (I'm horribly choosy and have a really hard time finding dolls that fit my aesthetic and posing criteria). Once I dreamed that a doll I was selling was actually perfect and I was thrilled - but when I woke up I remembered that her real skin color didn't match my character and that's why I was selling her :XD:

I have also dreamed of finding beautiful doll clothes and accessories in thrift stores (but that's not new, I have had many, many dreams about thrift stores, probably because I live next to one and have spent many hours helping out there since I was a child). Metaphorically, the "thrift store" is a place where you can potentially find anything. It's kind of magical.

18. Most of my doll dreams are neutral or positive, but attending doll meetups at conventions seems to be a recurring dream of mine lol! When bad things do happen in my doll dreams, it's usually something pretty impossible, like "oh my god I forgot one of my dolls behind at the meetup and left it behind!" or "oh no, this faceup I painted is all the wrong colors!" which I think makes sense, pretty reasonable things to worry about in general terms, but it would be pretty hard to get through a faceup and not realize that the blonde eyebrows are purple until after I've sealed the whole thing. :XD: Luckily (or I guess unluckily?) I've had worse things happen to my dolls and doll stuff in real life than in my nightmares, which I'll spare everybody the distress of reading to prevent them from becoming somebody's doll nightmares, lol!

19. I've never had a scary dream about something bad happening to one of my dolls. Mainly because I don't have that fear when I'm awake. I keep my dolls safe at home so they are never in any danger. The only thing I worry about is if we have an earthquake (I live in the LosAngeles area of California). But my dolls are displayed safely on a shelf, and I've tested by shaking the shelf, and nothing moved. The only time I dreamed about my dolls, I was having a nice conversation with them, as if they were alive. When I woke up I thought that was really weird.

My honest reaction is, that if you are having bad nightmares about something happening to your dolls, then you need to consider why that is happening. Having a hobby should be fun and pleasurable, not scary and causing fear. :(

#39 ParlourGoddess, Mar 3, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    20. I've had a few dreams of getting dolls I no longer wanted, and knowing what to do with them. :(