1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

So how was the NYC Tea Party?

Jul 30, 2006

1. Fantastic was just the beginning - I could not BELIEVE how nice, friendly, courteous, and happy to see SD all the staff of Volks were. It was a wonderful experience.

Tomorrow morning I will post pictures from the tea...

Oh, and I got some videos of Mikey showing off Olivia's body for the curious, I will find somewhere to post those too!

2. It really was wonderful to meet so many online friends (many of whom I recognized by their dolls) and so many new people! And see not only the breathtaking Volks Displays and the gorgeous One-Offs, but all the beautiful, lovingly-dressed dolls the attendees brought!

Volks and the FDQ Staff were so welcoming and friendly - they were wonderful, warm, gracious hosts! (And I think they were as excited as the rest of us!)

I honestly enjoyed every minute of the program - Mr. Shigeta's opening speech (which he learned in English - has anyone mentioned how beautiful his speaking voice is...?), the SD movie, the tale of the Awakening of Super Dollfie, (told with much love and humor), the detailed explanation of the lovely Olivia Morgan's legs, the Bingo Game ("Reach!") (I am awful at Rock, Paper, Scissors ;_; ) the excitement of the One-Off Lottery. (I'm normally so unlucking that, when the Ciera/SnowBunny Tohya I put my name in for was about to be called, I actually got up to go to the cloakroom for my camera batteries - assuming I lost as usual. I was stunned - and ecstatic - when they called my name! Everything after that was a bit of blur for awhile. I only realized that I got my picture taken with Mikey and Mr. Shigeta when I saw them both walking back to the podium after the flash. I'm sure I'm smiling like a loon in the photo.

But most memorable was the love they showed to every doll, and the respect and kindness they showed to every attendee. They patiently signed books and other items for a long while.

And yes, there was tea, thank goodness!

Speaking of camera batteries, mine ran out at the beginning of the tea, and there didn't seem to be a spare moment to get the extras from my bag in the Cloak Room. The program was full and fast! (And even so, ran long - not that I'm complaining!) So, probably no pictures from me. ^^;;;;

Much thanks to Sgt.GeorgeCarter and Sher for their organizing (and the good Sergeant's guidence in NYC.) The Gershwin was an awesome hotel! (Good sushi to be had nearby, too!)

And thanks to Volks and the good folks of FDQ for a wonderful, magical gathering!

3. Hi Janne!!!

Oh yes Mr. Shigeta has a very sexy speaking voice. And he's quite funny. Mr. Enku was a delight as well. He was sneaking looks at everyone's dollies with such a pleased look on his face. And Mikey was adorable. I know the gentleman who manages the LA store was there as well, but I can not remember his name for the life of me. He was very sweet and helpful and should be thanked as well.

I haven't enjoyed a game of bingo like that in a long time ;)

IT was great seeing the faces that go with the names! So much better that way. Everyone who came up was really fun and I'm glad I could help you guys have a good time.