1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Something you've wanted forever that you still don't have.

May 10, 2017

1. Always glad to introduce something I like to someone new! I've got a feeling the only reason Isabelle is out of stock right now is because they're updating the sculpt. They just came out with a couple new ones for their summer event, and with Isabelle's Topaz dress being out of stock since forever, I really hope they're just updating a few things. I always have high hopes for Pipos for Halloween after their event a couple years ago.

As for Priscilla, I've got the money now, it's just a matter of waiting less than a month to make sure one of Dearmine's summer dolls doesn't take my breath away. I'd rather regret waiting a month to buy her than regret missing the perfect limited fullset entirely. Keep an eye on the Dearmine thread if you care - I'm sure I'll post there when I finally pull the trigger!

2. I want a thing that does not exist, an Egyptian throne for my Iplehouse Kamau, specifically a miniature of the throne of Queen Hetepheres. I am thinking I will have to make it. I found an MSD sized Egyptian throne on ebay, a very nice replica of one of Tutankhamun's thrones, but my Egyptian themed dolls are all much too big for it, they are all 65 to 70 cm and my little throne is only 7" tall. As for dolls , I would like an Iplehouse Bichun, he has been on my list for years, but somehow, has never made it home.....maybe this Christmas..... as my, " Christmas present to me so I don't get depressed".

3. I also want something that doesn't exist, a tiny green goblin woman. I have a fantasy of getting a Eve Studio cat and using it as her steed.

4. A dark tan DD-06/AZO2 50cm vinyl hybrid and Scanty and Kneesocks character dolls using Xagadoll Miki and Kimi as bases ...oof. :sweat I'm not very crafty, and both projects are unusually specific and would require a few grand to complete, with no guarantee that the final products would actually look good. Even if someone plopped $2000 in my lap and told me I could only spend it on dolls, I'd probably spend it on something more viable.

5. No dolls fit that description for me, but I really want a nice place to keep my dolls, like a diorama space with a sofa and props. I got into the hobby just after I started living on my own, and I've yet to settle anywhere spacious/permanent enough for that kind of set-up. I'm moving again this summer but I'm hoping that after that I'll have my chance.

6. I've been wanting to get some korean traditional clothing for my doll even before I ordered my first one. I think the slightly modified ones that are just worn as a coat over modern clothing is really unique and cool. But this type of clothing is really hard to find, I'm thinking to sew one someday but I don't have much talent in sewing :sigh

7. Something that doesn't exist: Dolls sculpted to resemble Slime people (think slime girls and boys, and all those in between).

Other than that: I still want my LoongSoul Werewolf Farkas, Doll Chateau Xaveria, a Blossom Doll female body, a Fairyland Feeple65 Elf Chloe in Tan. :sigh

8. I would really love a Switch Soseo. Or really any doll by Switch, for that matter, haha!

9. A green doll.

I have one on order FINALLY but it's taken me like 5 bjds before I finally ordered one. I always expected my very first would be green but it just didn't work out that way. My first doll's character didn't suit green skin... and then the next didn't want to be green either and so on. I was all "i'm never getting one at this rate!" lol.
      I finally ordered one.
      But man, considering im OBSESSED with green skinned dolls it's shocking it took me this long.

I also still lust after a DC Xaveira and have made a deal with myself that when/if she's rereleased (DC did say they had plans) I shall put her on layaway.
      I kick myself for passing on her the first time, the price tag made me wince but the more i've looked at her, the more my heart has gone "screw price! YOU NEED THIS!" lol.
      Curse my heart.

I've also been eying up a few sd dolls but I keep talking myself out of it because while I adore their faces and they make me swoon every time I see them, the size intimidates me. The largest doll I own is 50cm tall and I find her pretty unwieldy so 60cm+ just freaks me out. I'm sure i'd get used to it, but that's why I still, despite falling for a few of them, haven't bought an sd yet.

Now when I first started looking at BJDs maaaany years ago, I was all ready to order some Blue Fairy dolls (Louis and Olive if I recall) but I talked myself out of it because price tag and at the time I wasn't really a "doll person."
      I didn't start collecting dolls at all (fashion dolls even) till my eldest child was born. But I did like the blue fairies and I spent many an hour lusting after them. *sigh*
      Now, i'm not quite so keen but there's a part of me who'd kinda... not mind getting one of the two just to see if it would rekindle that first love and also because they are kinda... adorable. 9 years on, I just never bought one, maybe one day I will.

10. I always think I want a tan skin girl to face-up with light pink lipstick (I guess I'd want her to be like my own Malibu Barbie BJD) :XD: but I never get around to ordering one, the second hand impulse buying urge usurps my funds for back burner planned projects!
      Some props I've wanted since my very first days in the hobby are some really nice looking in scale headphones, a gas mask, and a tiny glass looking ashtray.

11. I've always wanted new glass or urethane eyes for my dolls - few pairs from oscar doll, few from mako and few from cis.
      But never have I ordered them, I just keep passing the opportunities for getting them O.ö I need to step up a little bit and buy them this summer. So I can quit whining because I haven't bought them yet xD

12. There is two dolls I think I will never have : BabyLamb and Baby Soo from Mia Doll (or Baby Aga from Dollmore)

13. well there are two things at the moment I really really want the first is Dollzone Virgil which I will never get because it was limited to 30 worldwide. the second is FeePle65 Angela Full Package another one I will never get because there were only 68 sets.

14. SerenadeDolls' Artificial Bird - One of the most unique sculpts I have ever seen.:love

15. Eyes from everpurple, early zoukei-mura, enchanted doll, etc...

16. A big beefy man doll. I've started looking though! I had a moment of inspiration so now I know what I want, I just need to find a suitable sculpt and body. I have some ideas.

Also, a unicorn. I really want a unicorn. I just haven't found one I like yet.

17. I want a massive shelving unit or a few to be sort of a "dollhouse" so I could create detailed diorama for all the dolls. I haven't gotten one yet because it would take up way too much space. So, I also want a dedicated doll and craft room.

I also want a Minifee on and off, but my entire collection are SD, SD+, and a random Minifee won't fit in.

18. After 11 years in the hobby I've been able to get most of the things I've wanted...thanks to the DoA marketplace and the art of long layaways.:lol: I've sewn and collected wardrobes, wigs, shoes, and even managed to create a doll room with storage and large display areas by haunting flea markets and resale shops. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished on a budget in this hobby over the years...but there's always those illusive loves that just don't pan out no matter how hard you try.:sweat For me it's the Iplehouse EID Luo and Doll Chateau Christina. Try as I might, they just never worked their way into my collection because of their large size...and now that my collection is finally complete and I'm totally out of room, I sadly realize they never will. But I've certainly enjoyed lusting after them lo these many years.:)

#78 PoeticSoul, Sep 22, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    19. There's quite a list on my part.

1. I've always wanted a Tan Dollzone Yuu (Silverfox), if my plan goes well this *might* happen after wanting him since his release.

2. I've always wanted a Fer(?) Dress. Problem? I don't have female dolls, nope...all male! I couldn't bear torturing my boys into those gorgeous frilly things!

3. High cost clothing, wigs and eyes. I always wanted to be able to invest more into my dolls. But have only recently been put into a position I could. But of course, life has once again dominated with bills, kids, and renovating our house. *I try to buy nice things when I see them, but I can't justify spending hundreds.*

However, I keep reminding myself that it'll happen eventually. When it's meant to happen. :aheartbea

20. The love of my life,
      SD17 Hikaru genji.
      He's the reason why I know about BJD and start this hobby. He's stay on my wishlist for almost 10 years.