1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Something you've wanted forever that you still don't have.

May 10, 2017

1. All the BTSSB collaboration dresses.

2. i am very new to this world and i am currently waiting for my first ever BJD. before though i was hoping this one doll would be available for preorder, but it doesn't look like it's going to be able anytime soon if ever. I also fell in love with this rat sculpt but i know for a fact the artist is never going to produce it again, i will just be on a look out for a second hand :)

3. Volks-Shinku :...(:...(:...(she's so pretty~
      and I want to collect as many early Zoukei-mura glass eyes as I can, hope can get all colors

4. Time :sweat. More specifically, time and energy to work on the outfits of my dolls. I'm in this hobby for 14 years and still have yet to finish a doll. Doesn't help that I won't be able to commission someone, since my funds are so limited. Hopefully next year my health will allow me to finish at least one doll :chibi.

5. I still don't own any BJDs. However, I would really like to find Ringdoll's Frankenstein sculpts someday. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find them secondhand so far. Maybe someday when I have marketplace access...

6. I suppose my cat girl that does not exist? I want a 60cm-ish cat girl, but more of a were-lioness. I need her to be more savage/feral looking than what anyone has offered. Pronounced muzzle, large pawed hands and feet and digitgrade legs, and a long nearly down to her ankles tail. She needs to look like she can tear your throat out if the mood should strike her. My Darla needs to be a force to be reckoned with, not a dainty little cutesy cat.

7. The perfect blue wig. It doesn't exist:

Blue. Not navy, not aqua, blue. Preferably bright blue.
      Straight. Not wavy, not curly, straight.
      No bangs.
      Center part. Not unmanagable untameable hair the same length in a circle all around, center part.
      Shorter side bits preferable but I'll take all one length at this point.
      Traditional wig fiber, heat resisting is fine too, but not mohair, not angora, not synthetic mohair, fiber.

Sigh.

Oh, and a body for my AES head but I haven't been looking for that as long as the perfect blue wig.

8. So many, especially since I joined the hobby late. But I have to say I will consider a holy grail if I ever manage to get WITHdoll lala the nomad, her aesthetic inspires me.

9. Jointed hands for my doll. I always find something more important to buy...

10. A top quality airbrush, but I just keep wondering if the expense is worth it for just a few dolls. I wouldn’t need it for anything else.

11. Yes! Not dolls currently, I’ve quite of dolls items accessories. I always leave the expensive items for last and at the end never get them!

#131 Kananshii, Jan 3, 2020
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    12. I echo the jointed hands. I'd love them for my boys especially but have somehow never gotten around to getting a pair yet.

13. I've always wanted to have a doll with wings! Why I haven't gotten around to buying one yet, I have no idea, actually ^^' I think I just keep hesitating on sculpts a lot!

14. I suppose my answer would be a Granado Embody for Logan. I got Logan's head in like '17 when Granado debuted Uriel. He was absolutely perfect for King Logan and his was the second doll/doll part I ever bought. Its three years on now and he's still just a floating head. Other characters and dolls just keep taking precedence over the poor guy. He at least has his face done up but I'm hoping this year I'll be able to ferret away the cash to get him his longed for body.

15. Waaaaaay back when I started the hobby, there were a few dolls I was absolutely in love with before I took a break. Now that I'm back in I'm working on getting the ones I can - I finally have some Luts dolls after all these years (an event head + a Zuzu Delf on order and a Kid Delf on layaway), and I'm getting a Pipos Cheshire.

The one sculpt I still don't have concrete plans for that I've been pinning after for ages is an Iplehouse Carina - because I'd either have to: get her as an EID which is too big for me, get her on a SID/YID body which costs extra, sit around and wait for a floating head to show up which takes time, or get her as an FID which is cheaper but I'm not sure where she'd fit in with my other dolls then.

On a more abstract note, some of the dolls I've had for a while have been missing dolls to play other characters in their story and that's been almost worse than wanting specific sculpts. I've been planning to make Journey to the West characters for ages - but to put it into perspective, my Monkey is an Iplehouse Lion and those were discontinued in 2012...I've finally gotten a Sanzo, but I still need to get a Pigsy and Sandy. (I was thinking of using Carina for Sandy since I wanted her anyway, but idk if she really fits the character)

16. A custom, proportionate body for my Sephiroth Minimee head sculpt. I am not willing to sculpt one myself, but I am also not willing to pay someone else to do it for me. It would be way more money than what I am willing to pay for resin nowadays. So, I feel like I'll die before I'm able to get a semi-decent body for him (although I do try, from time to time, whenever I see new large male BJD bodies with 13+mm necks). Also custom eyes for all my dolls; most people who take commissions for custom eyes make them out of resin, and I'm not a fan of it. I don't mind my dolls mellowing over the years, but I don't want yellow-sclera eyes in them. DX

17. Same. I also want the Asleep Eidolon x Krad Lanrete full set as well (and the human version of the dress).

18. One of Aileen Dolls Cyclops dolls. I love the cyclops girl but she came out when I was on hiatus from the hobby and hasn't been rereleased.

19. Definitely yes! I still would love to have a default/mint Volks Suigintou in her original Rozen Maiden outfit and face-up. Back when she came out for I think pre-order many years ago, I couldn't afford her as I think I was either a poor college student or just had a low wage job that barely paid the bills. I'm a little more comfortable now, but her price has gone up quite a bit and I cringe to think how much "cheaper"/affordable she was back then compared to now. Although she's available in the second hand market and there's a chance to get a one-off version of her every once in a while, her price point now is about worth a couple new dolls all at once and I have a hard time getting over that. Get one doll or possible three to five dolls for the same price? Hmmm. :chomp:

Another one I wouldn't mind having but it isn't a priority or even a must have would be an original/default/mint Volks Yukinojo. I remember seeing an advertisement for Volks back when I wasn't even into the hobby and he was one of the dolls the kind of converted me over into finding out more about the world of BJDs. I remember seeing him at the Volks USA store in Torrance back when they had a physical store and he was huge. Too big compared to my other dolls, but still pretty awesome. I actually had a chance to buy the newer version of him pretty much mint in box, but that version wasn't as appealing to me as the old version. I think he would be one of the last dolls I would get for my collection, but moreso as a collector's item than something to play with.

There's a whole bunch of Iplehouse dolls I would love to have, but again, I feel like I would be at that point of the hobby where it's just for the sake of collecting and that's a lot of money. If I was really comfortable in life, then yeah, I would do it, but right now not yet.

Nobility doll LIE I feel might disappoint me as I've only seen the promo pictures of him but never really any in real life pictures nor encountered him in the wild, so to speak. And considering how old that doll is, I feel that he would not live up to my expectations, especially since I have newer dolls where you can see the growth of the company's quality when I compare them to the older dolls.

20. Tan Narin by Bimong the SD . I have wanted him for as long as I can remember. I keep thinking that I will save for him but then I spend that savings on my Tan Lishe ~ <3