1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM 2011 Monthly Doll Speculation thread

Jan 26, 2011

1. Oh now Tosh, you had to go say it...is it too late to beg-beg-beg Soom not to release a giant MG feline boy? :sweat Now my weekend is ruined, aw... :( Fear should not be the great motivator for my dolly dreams! ;)

.hlp

2. eheh but im more than a year that im writing to soom to do it, and i hope they will do soon, also because i got a free MD bonus from my BF cuz i quitted smoking :XD:

3. Soom, making sure my work ethic remains intact since 2008. :sweat

...and people wonder why I don't take time off...

Edit: Gah, Tosh, why did you have to remind me -- I switched to a vaporizer almost exactly a year ago myself, there is even an excuse! *gnaws nails*

4. Sorry to all the people who love boy dolls but.. WOOOHOOOO FOR ME xDD
      Boy doll next is pretty much the best thing Soom could have done for me right now, as I just don't go for male dolls, meaning I am 100% safe and can just enjoy the pretty.
      This is SO good to know.

Plus I've already told myself I can't have more than 2 Super Gems in this house so, if the March girl steals my soul, I'm going to have to force myself to part with one of my girls (one hasn't even arrived yet).. so I'm hoping hoping HOPING I'll be safe until .. what.. April? xD

Of course there's Faery Legend (so far I've gone for a fullset with sanding every single time x_x).. and the minis.. ARGH. ^_^;;

5. Yay to you :thumbup That's really tuff, what a great reason for a BJD (I think back on all the $$ could have been saved for dollies, when I was smoking).

6. Well the tweet could be also wrong,we shall wait till the middle of Febraury to see the new MD,correct?

7. I wonder if they will ever release Shoshon's baby reinelks? I was kind of hoping they'd do the final two sets of tinies in a row. They're somewhat easier to resist and cheaper if I can't. :sweat Big males are always trouble. I am really hoping (or perhaps not) for WS for an option. They haven't had a WS male MD since Sphaler!

I'm very curious what sort of story/theme they'll come up with for this year. Will they continue with the world of the '08-'10 dolls or try something completely different? People expect the animal/fantasy parts from Soom now and they have sold well. I can't see them giving that up.

I'd love to see them do a big boy with resin bird wings in blue or white!

ETA: I'm thinking they should release teasers for the new MD next week sometime. I hope so!

8. Take also a look to the new MD,no fantasy parts at all,but the skins are the same of Shoshòn,also the costume reminds me a bit of Native American style as Shoshòn costume do...

9. I don't think that the new MD will have white skin as an option. Soom has never released a dark skin and white skin option dol except for the baby centaur bodies. I suppose the next one will be tan skin and normal skin like they usaually do. Which is rather sad in a way. I'm hoping for a new white skin boy too, but better the next male ;). Then I have paid off Shoshon. So I'm quite relieved that the chances for a white skin option are rather low for this one.

And I'm hoping too that Soom isn't skipping the fantasy parts as there a lot of animals they can use now. Like a lady wolf, the big cats, a SD hare or birds for some examples. Or even a lot of fantasy animals like manticores or griffins. They have a lot of possibilities. Although I don't mind that Pel has no fantasy parts I hope that Soom will release a lot of fantasy dolls.

10. Well the lack of special parts for this newer one MD to me it's not causal,we will surely know only with the next one,we don't even know if the story will change and so also the complexion of MD line

11. It breaks my heart about Shoshon too...searched daily on ebay for one, but I think I've given up.

12. I'm sure once they start shipping out, you might be able to find one on eBay or here on the market place. Don't give up hope!

13. Isn't it a bit early to search for Shoshon?! He has been available in December, meaning a bit more than a month ago- that's far too early to expect shipped Shoshons. None in the waiting room has been shipped yet and Soom answered us, that Shoshons won't ship before March. So better you look for one in Spring and Summer. Maybe you are lucky. I expect mine to be shipped in May or June, as I ordered layaway and fullset (a split) with face-up.

Of course it could be a bit difficult to find one, as only very few had been ordered, but maybe you are lucky in Spring or Summer.

14. 2月のMDは大きいお兄さん(MEGA GEM)、3月は大きいお姉さん。
      4月がチビちゃんたちになります。ご参考くださいませ。
      2月のSPECIAL ORDERは可愛いあの子!が登場!![​IMG]
      誰かはお楽しみに!

From the Soom blog (which might be the same as what was on twitter, I didn't check).

Rough translation is basically as before.

February's MD is going to be a big boy (mega gem), March is going to be a big girl.
      April will be the next set of tinies
      And then special order will be in February.

So as long as they lay off the faeries, I'm safe until at least March.
      How I'd love a month with no dolly worries! xD

15. I wonder if we might be getting tiny reinelks next month after all? I went to the Fairy House website and the translation reads as ''2 MD is a brother of the Moon Kii Hiroshi (MEGA GEM), March sister big. Chibi-chan who will be in April." That looks like we will be getting Shoshon's tinies (or his brother?) in February (Brother of Moon Kii Hiroshi), a SG girl in March and tinies in April.

I guess we'll know when they post the teaser! :?

16. a mega gem? uff.. i want a normal kitty supergem <.<
      i already have my gluino to move and it's so heavy, plus shoshon when is coming that's gonna following him as a weight for sure, i want normal supergem, not a permanent backache *_*

17. Don't worry about all that brother sister stuff that pops up in translations!
      While the word can mean that, in this situation is just means as I typed above.
      February MD is a big mega gem male for sure!

I posted the translation above! ^_^

18. How often do the fairies come out? When should the next one be showing up?

I know they didn't mention them in the blog, but maybe because Faery Legend is a seperate line from the MDs?

19. Just my two:
      what if soom from now on will realese only MG size as male and only female in SG size?
      Take a note that the last super gem as MD was chalco,a year ago.. ^^"

20. I was wondering about that, too, $abbatha. There's Epidos, but that's not quite the same, since the body is not just SG, but also the centaur type.