1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM 2011 Monthly Doll Speculation thread

Jan 26, 2011

1. I would imagine if they only released males as MG they could lose some customers because those mega gems are too big and heavy for a lot of people. It would make more sense to keep releasing male SGs and mix them in with MGs. I'd like to see a female MG though.

Having SGs and MGs is a bit like having both SIDs and EIDs. There are people who prefer SIDs to the larger Iplehouse dolls.

2. Honestly?
      I heard the rumors that the MG body is the former body for the Idealian line.
      According to this,which i don't know if is correct,there's no sign or plan from soom for mega gem female type nor idealian female type,several asking for but if Soom would realease a female bigger line don't you think that you would get from the company some note or some advertising?Just my two..
      My POV is that MG type was born from the ashes of the former ID line,so all was already,is some misty way,settled.
      I don't see how Soom could realese a female mega gem line without any signs of it...

IMO again we will see or MG male or Centaur male as MD...but no SG male MD at all,besides Epidos Unikenta,a Centaur,the last one was Chalco...i have some doubt that Soom will realese some SG male MD...

3. Aww woot, another boy?! I have been waiting for a girl doll for months and months. Yeah I guess Im pissed -.-. I cant help it :(. Guess to be patient and that is NOT one of my strong sides. Gahhh I need a project!

4. I think that you're right,Shoshòn to me was not appealing at all,maybe cause i prefer NS and WS but mainly i don't like that much MG size,unfortunately the female MD seems not so popular,or maybe potential buyers expecting always something more...

5. The only reason I can think of why they would put two male ones is that they might sell better? I always thought MD females were popular? But then maybe tinies is popular too. Meh I dont know Im still miffed.

6. Or maybe they indeed on something very special, like a Centaurette or something similar complex, and because they don't want to delay the MDs again, they put a male on sale.

7. I do remeber thta i was conviced that Cuprit was such popular,but everyon still don't fine cuprit appealing,then they was right as severals don't her such interesting..indeed tiny sells well,thins recently to the guardian line from IpleHouse..due to the size maybe?
      Smaller doll small place needed to store it.

Good point:male sells well,as already pointed out by Neffy,so soom prefer to go with a male..or why not? A female centaur..

8. I've been wanting another Egyptian themed doll, but so far from the teaser, I'm (thankfully?) not feeling it.

9. Oh god... I just purchased Monzo secondhand, and now this?! I LOVE Egyptian mythology, and Anubis is by far one of my favorite deities. :aheartbea If the face sculpt turns out to my liking, I'm definitely going to have to buy him... (sorry Chrom, your body will have to wait :( as I will be broke after this)

10. hahahaha wow!
      If that was a girl I would have been SO SCREWED. I am Egyptian theme CRAZY, and for some reason they always seem to do that with boy dolls.
      Either way, safe through the fact that it's a boy but.. a little sad they release such an amazing doll and it's not a girl!

Will go with relief xD

11. Please take chat about the new MD Ender to his dedicated thread, he's no longer speculative. --->[thread=426382]Here.[/thread]

12. I really hope that they will go on with the egyptian theme.
      There would be many gods which would have perfect animal/fantasy parts. <.<
      You have to imagine the possibilities...there could be dolls like Horus (falcon headed god), the Sphinx, Sachmet (lion headed godess), Sobek (crocodile headed god) and so on...there could be a unicenta body like Sphinx girl. >.<

13. That certainly makes me wonder. THis is the beginning of the next year of dolls. It's a totally different storyline.

Now.. what do we see that's different?
      I don't see much in the way of animal feet but we have a big headpiece (it might even be a second head?) and then accessories.
      What if that is what they're going for this year? CRAZY HEADS?

I'd kill for a Sphinx girl. I'd have to have her!!!!!!

14. I really hope we see more directly mythological dolls, I love the look of Tuff/Sueve and this guy. Come on Greek Dryad!!!!

15. So the next MD what will be people?
      A super gem female?Just wondering ^^

16. That's what people have been saying, but I don't know where the info came from. I thought Soom was behind a set of tinies?

17. Midnite already addressed this a few pages back:

If Soom decides to continue the Egyptian theme I might finally be safe for awhile! It's an awesome theme, but it doesn't really fit with my crew. Perhaps they'll be doing more traditional fantasy stuff?

18. Maybe soom decide to deviate a bit and go into more classic mythology...soom overworked a lot on fantasy theme..i mean..what they can think up still?

19. Oh there is a lot of stuff. Some time ago I talked over possible MDs with a friend and we alone had a huge amount of Fantasy Doll ideas with animal parts or mythological parts. There are so many interesting animals and fantasy animals they can use and a huuuuge asortment of mythological persons. If Soom has someone like me ^^- who never stops thinking about stories and characters and read a lot about mythology there have ideas for many, many years. And Soom definetly has someone who read about mythology, you just have to look at the names of some of their dolls.

20. Oh I ADORE classical mythology. This will be a serious bank breaker for me!

Female Egyptian doll.. COME ON SOOM!

Or at least some little baby egyptian things!

I'd also love to see more interesting head pieces like we're seeing here.

But none of these things in the next 2 months please.. I need to recover from Christmas! xD