1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM 2011 Monthly Doll Speculation thread

Jan 26, 2011

1. It's not the imagination or the concept the main concern.What i mean is that besides what soom already realesed there's any room for other original MDs that will not seems like the former MDs?
      Ex: a vulure woman would be substantially different from Galena?
      a Minotaur male would be different from Chalco?
      Imo not.

2. And what if soom will use some Greek or Roman Mythology?

3. That would break me too xD
      I used to live in Cyprus and am totally obsessed with Greek and Roman Mythology!!!!!

4. I'm Italian..what you think that i'm immune to Greek and Roman mythology? XD

5. Hehehe not at all!
      I think we are all doomed to the potential of Soom's releases this year xDDDDD

6. Agree..poor wallet of mine!!!

7. I am definitely scared of next months girl release. I cannot seem to resist them!

I'm also liking the possibility of no animal leg parts. I think I would like to see more Greek/Egypt/Roman mythology creatures or even humans.

8. I think I would be plenty happy without fancy fantasy limbs if they really knock the sculpt, faceup, costume, accessories, and resin color out of the park. I almost broke down and bought the amazing tan (also Egyptian themed!) new limited Zaoll Luv from Dollmore just because all her elements came together so irresistibly well! Ultimately I don't like the Zaoll size, but that composition would be fantastic. Limited resin colors should be more interesting that NS/WS IMHO. We need more Tan and other fantasy skinned dolls to keep the human versions of them looking a bit more interesting.

9. I look mainly to the concept of the doll,if the concept is good then the doll is simply irresistable..i like as well the idea to have MDs without fantasy parts.

10. I would love dolls from greek and roman myths. There are so many different nymphs that the possibilities are many! (Im only talking female dolls here cause they are the only ones I buy). Although I MD'd in egyptology I do not like to buy any egyptian inspired dolls. Its a bit like taking the work home. I can see why they are appealing though.
      I also found this site which is so good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures
      There still LOADS of inspiration for dolls left.

11. If they did nymphs, I would be well and truly doomed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampades -- in their grey skin, delicate elfy ears and pointy-finger hands, glowy golden eyes... I'd be all kinds of doomed. And it wouldn't even really need more than that on 'extra bits'.

12. They are officially not allowed to do anything that amazing because I can't bring home anymore Super Gems and that would be my idea of PERFECT.. Oh how much I would die. x_x

13. I remember reading somewhere on DoA people wishing there were Naga dolls.... If Soom made a male Naga :D instant buy. Maybe even two of them.

I'd also LOVE a Sphinx :aheartbea

14. I would really love more white skin boys. I'm dreaming of a male swan like the swans in Matthew Bournes 'Swan Lake'. I've asked Soom yesterday if they are planning to release a white skin boy in the near future- maybe they are answering tomorrow.

15. Yeah I woul dbe in big trouble right there :P.

16. Will they make tiny little mooses or tiny jackals, I wonder?

17. Don't say such things! I would turn into a worthless puddle of WANT. I have no money right now for more resin.

On a similar note, I'd love if Soom returned to the "delicate" style of Topaz and Heliot.

18. Yeah, well, as far as Topaz goes, I'd love to see fairies in SD size again, period. With every Faery Legend release, I get size envy. XD I'm all "why does that size get all the pretty faery parts! ;o;"

Naturally, I'm torn between wanting every release to be awesome hotness, and hoping that a least some of the releases this year won't appeal to me AT ALL, so that I can skip them without regret. I love it when it's a Tiny month, because I'm always safe from the Tinies, so I can breathe easy. That means I'm safe from 4 (+/-) of 12 months this year... but that still leaves 8 months of very dangerous big boys and girls. 8 dolls to potentially be Soomed by. XD

Since I've already been uberSoomed by Ender, needless to say the year is not off to a good start. >_>

19. THIS. Just this. XD If Soom continues with the Egyptian theme I am so screwed. Already nervous about next month's SG girl... and still kind of wanting Nephelin. Can't keep up with you, Soom! Oh man, if they do Sapphire (Euclase's lover) next month I am so screwed. >.<

Also, anyone else notice that Ender is still both a Pella doll and a 2010 doll? Wonder if we'll move out of Pella for the next release?

20. Every time I see the tiny fairies I wished they would have done them in SD size :(. Like the last one- if she would have been a big doll I would go gaga over it! I missed out on Topaz and I absolutely love the fairy concept. So I hope they can make a SD fairy again...PLEASE Soom!