1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM 2011 Monthly Doll Speculation thread

Jan 26, 2011

1. Perhaps Soom has avoided releasing larger fairies because:

1. They'd "compete" with the tiny ones.
      2. It's relatively easy to make a SD-sized fairy. All you need is a sculpt with elf ears. The hardest part is finding a pair of fairy wings you like.

2. I think so too. They don't need competition for their fairy line, though they could probably get away with releasing a Super Gem MALE fairy as they've already stated the Mini Gem line is female only (for the time being at least, you can never tell with Soom!).
      Plus, so many companies make dolls with elf ears, so they'd have to come up with something really unique and out there to separate themselves from the rest of the crowd. Soom aren't know for straying from the safe and neutral - which I feel weird saying as they really started this fantasy dolls craze - so I'm not sure they'll go that route.

A male super gem fairy would definitely be interesting though! (and I'd be safe from him.. which makes me happy xD)

3. I would really love another mermaid and fairy super gem realease. I think soom played it to safe with Cass and Topaz and would really love to see them get super creative.

4. So is the March's MD gonna be in a new storyline? We've now had a year of Pella - World Beyond.

5. Is the next MD going to be a super gem girl?

I had a dream that it was a gorgeous bronze valkyrie, with full, jointed hawk wings and an amazingly gorgeous face! I can't wait to see what they come up with! But if it's tinies this month then I can put it out of my mind for now :)

6. Well, they have been really creative with the wings - if they did an SD or MSD fairy with huge clear resin wings I think we'd all be doomed regardless of the tiny fairies...or even the tiny Yo-type dolls as fairies.

More Egyptian or Greek or any sort of mythology would be amazing. They could do Asian mythology too - a 9-tailed fox spirit or a ghostly yuki onna in blue resin...

Okay, I confess, I just really want them to do Monkey from Journey to the West. Even just a monkey - it might have less fantasy parts, but they haven't done one yet. Actually I don't think any company who makes dolls with fantasy parts has done a monkey yet...I guess they're not as exciting? But if they did JttW Monkey, they could make up for it with the outfit. The outfit has great potential.

Have more wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

Other things I'd like to see: tiny kappas, spirits, chimera, snake, more water things (jellyfish? kraken? tentacles?), pegasus - don't think they've done hooves + wings yet, tiny pigs, western type dragons (scary with pointy horns), genderless/boy faeries, larger genderless dolls (unless people are going to say they're ripping off Volks for that), fairies in colored resin or at least with that option, and, ummm, more dragons forever.

...Fantasy dolls the same size/proportion as the fairies? Like with hooves and horns and different wings and stuff?

7. The Faerys may look cute, but they cannot stand or sit well with their parts on, and the are really hard to string. I actually wish Soom would take some of that fairy energy back to the big MDs. Especially clear hands and jointed fairy feet :aheartbea

8. ...Better designed fantasy parts then?

9. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the delay in the large girl is because they have something ultra complicated that they had to perfect for her. I am REALLY excited for her, I have this strong feeling that she's going to be irresistable! I was ao close to buying a Nephelin, all it will take is a face and coloring more to my style and I'm done for!

10. Anneke, I hope for something exciting too. :D
      I'm crossing my fingers for the first preview picture tomorrow. >.<
      But it's a desaster. I can't wait until they release her but I won't be able to buy her. T_T

11. I'm still hoping, at least somewhat, that we'll have something else between the 'big releases', and not have large size dolls released back to back. They have SG/MG, Gem, Little Gem, and the Teenie Gems to pick from, so I'm hoping there will be something Gem, Little Gem, or Teenie Gem before we see another large-large wallet-pounder hit the shelves.

12. I remember seeing something on Soom's Twitter about a big girl/"big sister" doll for this month's MD. I don't mind what she is, unless she is blue or green, then I'm in trouble.

Edit: now I am pretty sure that this is Soom's Twitter account (I know it is under Fairy House) but if I am wrong someone can let me know :)

http://twitter.com/fairyhouse_doll

13. Completely, utterly second this. But I doubt it's going to happen:

1. Several people have already confirmed March will be a SG girl, followed by tinies in April.
      2. Soom seems to be enjoying the "multiple LE releases per month" schedule. I'm sure we'll see a SG and some other LE.

On the plus side I should be safe for the next 2 months. I don't need any more SGs or TGs.

14. I doubt it, too, unfortunately.

On the up side, it may be a while before we see more SG/MG size MDs after that for a while, if they do the other sizes. Having the month break in between was a real help in terms of budgeting -- but this might mean a two month break between? It's really hard to tell. They seem to be all over the map lately.

15. Yeah, much as I wish it would be a tiny, it's gonna be a big girl. :C Quoth the blog of Soom's Japan shop:
      "February's MD will be a big older brother (Mega Gem); March's MD will be a big older sister. April will be tinies."

And it says "chibichantachi," implying more than one tiny, so I guess we'll be back to the two-at-once tiny releases.

16. The Idealiean covers the "other" LE for this month I would think.

17. They also released new Rosette LE's. I wonder if that will push the Soom MD back? I never know how their development studios work for the different Soom lines :)

18. I'm unsure about the release of the MD girl too. <.<
      They released soo much only last week.

1. On the other hand they mentioned a SG girl for march in their blog.
      2. They're not too late for the teaser picture. Ender popped up on Monday the 7th.

So... still crossing fingers! ^-^

19. Maybe we'll see a teaser on the 7th again :) And we can all dissolve into a useless puddle of want XD

I actually just suffered major dolly-regret for not getting a Rosette Wings of Tomorrow Violet when I had the chance. I hope the new Super Gem MD won't appeal to me so that I don't have to chose between the two O_O

20. I'm stuck on the idea that this month's MD will be a Bastet-themed, cat-headed Super Gem Girl. >w< How awesome would that be? And then April's tinies could be a kittyface and puppyface pair! :D