1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM 2011 Monthly Doll Speculation thread

Jan 26, 2011

1. I'd heard the same thing blog-wise, and that he's supposed to be good-looking--well duh, that isn't comforting Soom...maybe they're switching things up again mid-year? Either way, it does upset the apple cart a little if they put out, say Angel Man-Babe...

.hlp

2. Yep, was going to mention to you all but, next month is a big male MD, not tinies!

3. I'm a bit nervous about this release. I just have this feeling that I'm going to want him and I don't really have the room for another giant boy right now.

4. Yeah, I didn't think they'd keep up with releasing tinies every second month. That isn't really what they've done up until now, it it wouldn't make sense either since that means they'll only make half as many big ones as they make small and... People still like Soom's big dolls. (unlike, say, Lati)

Super gem? I'd be safe from that one, unless he's an angel, and looks like Chalco face-wise. Then I'd be in deep doodoo, since I'd need him to be my St. Michael....

Hmm, I wonder if Soom is planning on making a big boy doll with a different expression head? They've done tinies and a big girl up until now...

5. Has anybody suggested that Soom should do a deer Super Gem male? I'm still anxiously awaiting their next one, of course. Especially if he ends up being an angel. But Soom is really good at sculpting delicate males (like Heliot). I think a willowy deer would be right up their alley.

Good question! I would love to see more dolls with different heads. The extra bodies have gotten a good reception, so I'm guessing they're here to stay.

6. Bumping this up with the new Monthly teaser!

Hmm... it seems that they haven't done a single Mega Gem since they started this year's theme. I definitely would've pegged this new warrior guy to be an MG out of all of them, but... He's not. I hope they're not planning on phasing out the manliness! That would be a shame.

Also, so far we've gotten big dark dolls that are animal/bat/dragon-themed. However, Trachy and Lami the tinies were very much a humanoid representation of devils/demons - is anyone else hoping for a more "traditional" demon, with horns, clawed hands and a big ol' demon tail instead of animal parts? (And MG's? Yes?)

7. Yes I agree with you lelite whole heartedly :)

8. I donno, I don't mind the MG concept--I have two Idealians, but the super-pretty-boy head with the beefy bod has always missed the mark for me, so I've been just as happy to have SG boys, for me the pretty works there. ;) But my basic question is, what's in store for the next 6 months? We've had two SG girls and two SG boys, with a boy-girl good-evil theme, and two sets of tinies. Do I dare think we're going to see the same in the next few months? another good and evil girl, good and evil boy, and just two more sets of tinies? :)

.hlp

9. I am personally wondering what new skintones are in store for us. I hope we get another bronze female for Light (Maybe for the sun?) and a white or gray skinned guy (maybe for the moon?)

EDIT: I'd also like to see more interesting costumes and accessories and less fantasy "animal" parts, or something outrageous and amazing like a Sphynx body XD

We still have never got our female centaur! :evil:

10. Hahahahaha.... did you guys call the male angel or what?! This is awesome. I'm eager to see what this new guy looks like.

11. He is very handsome, but I don't think they would make a full demon like doll. If they did it may be off topic for this forum. I do want to see the rest of him, if he has feather wings or jointed wings. I like that sword too!

12. Heh, I'd want a tan male (I suppose he doesn't have to be light, but I'd die if he came with wings, was an MG, and had a masculine body). If we still have two more guys to go, maybe they're MG's?

And yes, seconding the call for less animal parts and more interesting costumes! Though I suppose I can't really complain because so far they've done bat and whatever creature Bazael was, so it was still something new.

Oh, I'm not talking about a full demon with the scrunched up angry face and all, haha. Just your standard BJD-variety pretty in an odd skin tone (like red! I have absolutely no need for one, but I think I'd have a hard time resisting a red demon... or any demon for that matter) with magnetic horns, optional clawed hands and a detachable tail (or a different torso for the tail, like Vesuvia). It occured to me that we haven't yet seen this "Phonolus" guy, while Soom seems to be making the rest of the characters whose names were name dropped so... Maybe?

13. i had asked victoria if they had any plans for MD Mega Gems and this what she said
      Yes, we do have plans for some more Mega Gem dolls this year.

However, schedules and projects may change so we are not able to reveal when and how they will be put on sale.

We hope that you will understand this point. ^^;

Kind regards,

Victoria, SOOM

I am very excited for this even though it may not happen but at least there is hope :)

so i may just skip out on [FONT=돋움]Obsidius and wait and save for the hope of a mega gem :)

[/FONT]