1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom August Monthly Doll: Obsidius Discussion Thread!

Aug 3, 2011

1. Then again dollblue the angels doll body could be the one you're in need,it's more muscular than the supergem,and now the company is running an event with the price lowered,just think about it ^^

2. Thank you $abbatha, I will look it at the Angelsdoll body ^^ I was originally planning on maybe a Spiritdoll Proud body. But I also like the general aesthetic of the SGM body quite a lot, so maybe I just should get my Obsi a long wig that hides the skinny arms LOL... I am sooo bad at deciding things like this.

3. Try to search in the comparison thread,you will find several interesting piccies and tips,or just browse on flickr :)
      The produ body from spiritdoll isn't suiteable for the actual supergem heads,the neck it a way too long,you can check the comparision thread,if you need the link just ask it,i will post here glady :)

4. Well, I've ordered him a pair of Eyecos from Safrindoll that should be here in a few days. Dresdens, which I've used in a few dolls in the past but never made anyone's permanent eye color. I love how bright that blue is. I think it will be perfect for him.

Now to figure out what color hair he should have, and how I want to have him painted. I'm leaning towards blonde but, man, I have a lot of blondes already. I should give the dark-haired wigs some love.

I was initially leaning towards something similar to the default faceup, but now I'm thinking I want to go full-on condescending, snarky b@stard. He has a good face for some major attitude....which he'll need as I think he's going to be my Beryl's half-brother.

Then again, I already have a lot of attitude in my doll family. Maybe I'll go for a gentle, total sweetheart faceup.

Ah, decisions, decisions.

5. About the wigs i can see what you mean,seems that i'm stuck among pinkish wigs and dark reddish wigs ^^"

6. Such a good looking guy, i would love to have him... Thing is, i just kinda disappointed in the body, since it's on 65cm i was expecting that he might go around 70cm. And my character for him, does not rub well with his height, that he might have a nephew 5cms taller than him, so i was thinking if i got the chance to get an idealian body with the same tone as he is, i might go hybrid.

And i really thought that way about him, he's supposed to be taller and more muscular that is.

7. The only problem is that the Idealian neck is much bigger and you'd have to mod the head.

8. I was wanting to know if anyone has made a hybrid, putting the legs from the knee down onto another body? I am interested to see, and i have heard that Luts bodies are good for some of the soom monthly legs, but does this apply to the Obsidius?? And any pics that people might have would be great :) I haven't had luck finding this on another thread yet, so please help me ;--;