1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom August Monthly Doll: Obsidius Discussion Thread!

Aug 3, 2011

1. Love that sword, he is just too cute to be saying 'By the power of Gray Skull!' I hate getting my grail doll and then all these other handsome dolls come out!! C'mon Soom give me a break for once!!!!

2. :| i am disappointed. :| "obsidian" is supposed to be black. :...(

i am reserving judgement until all of the photos are out, but re-used Heliot wings do not make me happy. :x

he probably does not even have pointed ears. :evil:

and he looks all pink and NS. :x

i wanted to be lazy. now i have to work even harder to create my own black beauty. :aheartbea:x:evil::x:aheartbea

3. lol Oh Cat, you so funny.:lol:

4. Cat ^..^ - Your post truly made me LOL - I love it!:lol: But quoting from the 'Legend of the Doll, Episode III'
      The world of light Urmar was constantly bright
      because of bursting sparks that lit up the lands...

...and something about the Valar being made from sparkles (!!) - I can see how this guy would upset you!:lol:

'and he looks all pink and NS'...........this part deserves +100 bonus points! >_<

5. I could actually use some more NS. My collection has far too much Soom WS. :lol:

6. Oh man. I totally just decided Obsidius is perfect for my Cass's husband *_* His face is just gorgeous, he reminds me of Sard/Dia... <3

7. Yeah once the rest of the pictures come out I'll know if I'm selling some of my dolls are not to afford him.
      I'll be a little disappointed if he has a horse body, but since it can come with a human body too, I'd just get that and it would save money xD
      So *shrugs*
      But yeah, fallen in love with him, just waiting to make sure there isn't anything about the body I don't like.

8. Haha! What an absolutely adorable little derp face! I really want to see a sideview of him to see if the lips are as endearingly silly as the teaser makes them look.

9. *lol* derp.. best word ever ;)

10. I have to be honest and normally with Sooms I go "ooooh pretty" and thats the end of it. I did come very close with the Migma but the size of that beauty put me off as well as the options I wanted weren't really there with wings and normal body.. so on and so on...

But this boy for some reason captures my imagination a little. Somehow an epic angel boy seems less daunting.. like I'd expect an angel to be larger. Honestly I don't know why in my mind a demon shouldn't be.. I expect gargoyle style daunting-ness out of them too :sweat

11. Oh yeah that's something interesting to think about ._. If I get him, he will be an angel with my two other boys which are BOTH demons xD Oh boy~

12. At least Monzo will be the same size in theory? I don't know what size your DZs are, but the Monzo and Obsidius would look pretty awesome together ;)

13. Rats. Are those ties that I see under his arms? I really don't know why he wouldn't have the resin wings. They are so much more natural looking and posable on a doll. They don't have all sorts of unravelling, knotted strings hanging all over.

I think he may be white. Soon NS has been running darker lately.

14. Oooh.. hadn't noticed.. but I think you could be right!

15. My dollzone joe is a few good centimeters shorter than my Monzo, and my other Dollzone I'll be selling to afford Obsidius xD
      I agree though! I think they would look cool.

16. Well if you're planning an additional to the family then at least you've already got another who'd look great in shots with him. I think it'd be fun to have the dark and light of super gem boys so to speak :)

17. You don't think the name Prince Adam sounds just the right kind of prissy? C'mon... purple fuzzy undies.. pink shirt.. okay.. thats too camp even for the doll world

18. It's a sign that I'm supposed to get him because he fits in so well in with my family xD

19. *lol* I love the way we justify these things XD

20. Shh, I totally have a good reason xD