1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom August Monthly Doll: Obsidius Discussion Thread!

Aug 3, 2011

1. Absolutely you do! ;)

2. By the power of Greyskull I agree. Oops showing my age as well

3. *lol* don't worry, I can sit in the corner and watch Obsidius tower imposingly over a he-man figurine and giggle to myself

4. Monzo will be the same height, but he's waaaay more muscular. My Monzo dwarfs my other Super Gems.

Very excited for Friday. Come on Soom! Make with the picspam!

Edited to add: Are the comments on his page making anybody else laugh? Of course he's going to have effeminate features. That's what Soom does! I have yet to see any Soom sculpt that said "there's no way in hell I'm going to be the opposite gender".

5. Yeah Monzo is going to look like even more of a beefcake next to a Super Gem ._.
      That also means I can't reuse my hilarious Hello Kitty shirt I made for my Monzo when he was on the way.
      I'll have to find another good fabric... like MLP or Powerpuff girls and make a smaller shirt.

And some of the comments on him are just sad to me D: Like some people can't be mature

Also.. if he's going to be angel sort of character, what are his fantasy parts going to be? o_o Ooooh how I hope for hooves!

Edit: Also with all these jokes... I wonder if the database title for him will have something to do with He-Man xD

6. Another monthly with a sword?! First IH Claude and now this guy. Good thing I'm broke I guess...sorta...*paws screen*

7. I'm anxious to see more pictures. Have no problem with his face..I don't think he looks all that girly. ^^: He's like Heliot and Chrom's love child. ;p

I just hope he wont be horribly expensive. ^^; And I am curious about what kinda fantasy parts he'll have. Amphibel had her lovely wings and ears, but this guy doesn't look to have anything yet..

I like the fur wings though..resin wings are nice but they are a pain sometimes.

8. rishimisin - You're right about the wings o Ao I always feel like I'm going to break my Monzo's wings! They are so thin and delicate. I really wouldn't mind fur wings.

Does anyone know if there was any problems with Amphibel's wings? Maybe Soom wasn't happy with the mechanics and decided against using resin.

9. We're going to have to come up with something in advance then, not like we can do much else til we get pictures anyway *lol*

I'm just going through the intro in my mind trying to think of something :sweat "Defender of the secrets of Soom Monthly"

<off topic> Although now I'm thinking Vesuvia would make a good Scorpia from She-Ra </off topic>

10. I do remember seeing a lot of people complain about how unwieldy Amphibel's wings were, how she couldn't sit in them and how they kept tipping her over and/or breaking because they were so thin. So I'm guessing they probably weren't happy with the design, no.

Maybe they'll make it an option? Buy fur wings or resin ones?

11. Arcadegel: Yeah, I didn't put my tuff in his resin wings much either. He hated to stand with them on and I was always worried he'd fall over and break something. ^^: So Fur wings seem like a perfectly fine thing to me!

Hmm, an option wouldn't be a bad idea, but Soom isn't usually one to bother with such things.

12. lioness - Mm I think it should be something really cool~ Defender of secrets sounds kick butt o:
      (I have been stalking his product page all day waiting for him to go up for sale xD)

Lelite - Yeah they didn't look too good to me. Pretty, but not sturdy.
      At least that mean Soom cares right? Don't want to send out something that will break. I appreciate it.

rishimsin - Mm I remember the first time I almost spat my heart out because of a doll, when my monzo fell backwards (in slowmotion I swear) because of his wings. I don't remember hearing about the same problems with the fur wings though, and plus they are going to be easier to store away and take out!

13. You do realise the first chance I get I'll be photoshopping an image with "I have the RESIN!!!!!" XD

I've been doing the same, let me know if you beat me to it ;)

14. Is it silly to hope his base price is closer to Amphibel's and not Bazeal's ? I really love his look so far <3

15. lioness - and I will laugh. Very hard xD
      I totally will~! Initiate 24-hour surveillance >;U *chugs coffee*

Rayearth - Don't worry I'm hoping for that too! Since it looks like this boy comes with less resin parts as Bazeal I have high hopes. But leave it to Soom to crush our souls (and wallets) <3

16. Oog, I think Soom might've finally caught me. I resisted the little kitties, but this guy... roll on, pictures, so I can see what I'm getting myself into ~_~

17. Yes, options is up. He is going to be release soon.

18. Options are up so pics should be soon!

Edit: oops thats already been said.

19. Ahh!! Excitement!! *camps on thread*

20. He has an Obsidius body.. hmm.. anybody know what's that?

Really love his face and thinking of getting him, but I just hope that his fantasy part is not going to be a huge resin part like a Centauroid Gem...