1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom August Monthly Doll: Obsidius Discussion Thread!

Aug 3, 2011

1. Gah! Options are up but I don't want to buy until the photos are up!
      C'mon Soooooom! Don't toy with us!

Edit: Ah, oh wait. I don't think I will be able to afford him actually.

2. Do you think we should start a "waiting for soom pictures" waiting room? *lol* bloody teases...

3. ...finding more money to afford him xD

Hm you think there's like additions onto the regular Super Gem body to make it different? Like not just fantasy parts... but like fantasy things incorporated into his whole body?
      And He has pointed ears. I've wanted a pointed ear doll forever. Yes.

Can't wait for these pictures > A<

4. Looking at the body brushing options I think he has a fantasy body. The additional Human body could be an offer for the extra human head.

5. I honestly hope to god he doesn't have a horse body... I still might get him even so, and sell the horse body and hope I can find a Super Gem body to buy.
      But on the other Centauroid gems, its always been an extra option to get the horse body, soooo I still have hope that it's just some funky new thing >_<
      Anyway, a pointed ear centaur would be weird, wouldn't it?

6. Aw man he's so expensive. ;_; I wonder what fancy stuff he has that makes him so ouchies? Two heads..OK but what else for that price? I hope Soom puts out pictures soon.

7. XD whose next on the chopping block?

Really curious about it now.. wondering what the special body is...

8. ... anything else I can find around the house to part with xD

Me too! Maybe... muscular Super Gem? o vo No no no... hm well he has wigs right? So maybe he has like feather coming off? But on all his parts? Seems a little weird... Gosh I have no idea

9. No more guessing.. pictures are up, go check it out!

10. Pictures are up.

11. Pics are up

edit: OH MY GOD HE'S PERFECT *spazzes and orders*

12. Gorgeous!!

13. The piccies are up! OMG! *_____* I am so gettinghim, it's not even funny! Now I just need to figure out _how_ I'm going to pay for him @___@

14. Wow, he is simply stunning!

15. Well, crap... I thought I was safe from the teaser but the more I look at his face the more I want him... I have no idea for which character or how I'll be paying but I think I am --for the millionth time-- Soomed. >_<"

16. I offically have an Obsidius on Layaway~ *shaking*

17. Wow! I must say, I was kinda "meh" about the teaser pic, but he is probably one of the few Soom men, along with Chrom and Sard, who actually made me consider buying him!

Also, he's about 200% more masculine than the teaser pic made him seem. Sard and Chrom - still possible to easily pass of as a girl. This one? Not so much. Too much manry jawline in him. And I love it!

And his wings! I think his wings are very awesome. Though his claws kind of confuse me. Is he a... dragon? A blue-green wolf? Neither strike me as particularly "light", but, eh. His ears are pretty cute. If he was tan, I'd be in serious trouble.

18. He's so pretty. And I'm so poor. I shall love you from afar my dear ;_; xD

19. *lmao* Okay.. I'm just going to say this once then go back to my little corner... he's the love child of He-Man and The Sorceress!! XDDD (anyone who knows the full story to The Sorceress/He-Man/Teela will get it :P)

omg... must stop laughing...... I love this boy... XD

20. I was very undecided about the teaser photo... his face looked the same as every other Soom monthly that has come out.... But when his real photos showed up, I was BLOWN away. He is amazing! I do want him, but I don't think I can afford him :( I'd only want the human body and head though, after having a Soom fantasy creature before they are too big and I have no room for the extra parts. Guess I have about a month to decide XD