1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom August Monthly Doll: Obsidius Discussion Thread!

Aug 3, 2011

1. I'm exactly opposite you, AudienceKiller. I want the pointy-eared head, claws, and legs/talons. XP

2. Hm. I'm surprisingly not sure. I do like his head sculpt a lot. However I'm not sure what I'd do with the feet and I really would prefer WS. Those wings are almost identical to Heliot's which I already have. (And I really do hate dealing with those infernal strings!) The outfit is pretty, I really want that sword and I love the eyes and wig.... I just don't know!

3. hm.. don't have any use for the sword. But his face... gnaaaah. Think I have to get im somehow.

4. I have a feeling splits are going to start popping up now xD

5. congratulations to all who are getting him ! ♥ he is indeed 'sard plus chrom' .

he is pink :| .

6. Ah, he's quite manly for Soom, such a babe! :D I agree on the wings, Heliot's wings...brrr. But overall he's quite outstanding, LOL! I love that sword, strangely enough! :lol: And the claw hands...yeah, he's definitely lovely!

.hlp

7. Is anyone here going to make a waiting room? I can if no one has yet :3

8. Might join you there when I have figured out how am gonna do this really XD.

9. I have only one thing to say:

Lol Soom, "hairy legs and talons"? Somehow the fantasy legs really feel like an afterthought... XD

Oh, two things to say, actually. That teaser pic really didn't do Obsidius' sculpt justice at all! Somehow his pics make him seem so much more appealing than he was in his teaser.

10. It does seem a little odd.. "what are we going to call them?" "uhh.. I dunno!"

11. "We'll just go with the obvious, hairy legs and talons!"
      "Bit**en!"

12. I love having doll conversations with my other half... *lol*

"It'd be cool if you get the sword too."
      "Yeah, you get the sword and a 'sword holding hand' as well."
      "Ah, so he's got kung fu grip! ....basically he's an overgrown GI Joe?"

XD

13. *just seen the full pics*
      *picks jaw back up from floor*
      Wow...just...wow
      *dreamy eyed stare*

14. Hm.. Wondering if those legs could work for a fox?

..Probably not, huh? :(

15. To be honest.. probably not.. they're a bit too birdy for what you're likely to be after :/

16. He's gorgeous I must say... he looks manly, really distinctive compared to recently Soom dolls, he's profile is really beautiful...
      Sadly, I can't afford him, but still... it will be very interesting to see this guy in the owner pictures. Congratulations to all who planning to get him :)

17. Goodness - he is way more handsome than the teaser pic lead us to believe and so much more masculine too!
      I really have no money for him, but I wants the pretty!^^

18. I need that sword! :D

Edit: And WTF is up with those feet?! What kind of a creature is he supposed to be? :?

19. As always the comments on the soom page makes me ashamed and I am not even the one who wrote them...
      Since when has soom page become a whine page for people to complain on?

Anyway on to the boy itself- he is stunning! Wow! I want him and I dont ever buy boy dolls! I cant afford him though, dont know if thats a good or bad thing haha.

20. I swear doll companies wait until tax time to bring out all their best dolls.

First SOOM with Migma, then Iple with Claude, now SOOM again with Obsidius.

I'm extremely lucky that Claude doesn't go off sale until September >.< I'm 95% sure I'm going to get this boy. Just need to decide if I can afford him and what to get.

*ponders* hmmm, my boyfriend did say he'd buy me something after he sells his unit...