1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Basic Gems Aikin and Mirabil Discussion

Feb 10, 2011

1. Thank you Koffeey! After having her a couple of days now, I think she is even more beautiful than on day one - I'm very, very happy I decided to get her and it would be wonderful to see other interpretations of her. If you get her, be sure to post lots of pics! ^^

2. I just wanted to say that I just ordered a Mirabil on layaway! Your beautiful Jem is so inspiring, gelfling9uk, that I absolutely need a Mirabil too!

3. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! No way?! :o That is fantastic news, I'm thrilled to hear that another Mirabil will be making an appearance on DoA, seriously, good for you!! :D I really think she is a beautiful and interesting addition to any collection...I'm totally going to be looking out for your girl! Do you have any early plans for her...if you don't wish to say, I completely understand. ;)

4. Oh, I do, I do! I always make a lot of plans... which are then turnes upside down by the doll when it arrives (my Obsidius, f.e., refuses to become his human version, and I actually wanted him to be human almost all of the time).

And even worse, I LOVE telling people what I have planned for my dolls ;)

I am thinking of giving her a minimal, fresh face-up, and dark hair. The whole style is planned as an innocent, toned-down version of goth. She will have a second "set" of clothing consisting of a simple white robe and fluffy white wings, because her "True Self" will be an angel. But we'll see if she turns out like I imagine her ^^

In the meantime, may I ask you for more spam of the lovely Jem? I love seeing her so much!

5. Ah, your plans sound wonderful and I can't wait to see Mirabil as you have planned for her, I think she will look stunning in a nice dark wig...if I had any around I would try it out myself! :) It is a funny thing when you imagine your doll will be one thing and turns out to have it's own mind about persona - I had thought of my Bazael as a much more arrogant, selfish and stuck up type of character, but then after his face up he just didn't fit that mould. These little darlings can certainly be difficult like that! ;)

I'll try to take a nice shot of Jem in the next couple of days to help keep you going! :lol:

6. ~ For dollblue ~

[​IMG][/IMG]

Apologies that she's still looking the same -
      I only have two outfits for her and one wig!
      If Soom would ever stop making beautiful dolls, I might be able to get
      some more things for her....! ;)

7. Oh, gelfling9uk, thank you, thank you, thank you! She is such a beauty... She is perfect the way you styled her, she doesn't have to change ^^

But I understand well that you would love to spoil her with pretty new things - and I also understand this problem to buy clothing for dolls already at home with all the tempting new dolls Soom is making >.> (my Obsidius still doesn't have his suit for the human version... LOL)

8. You're welcome! :)
      And if I could sew doll clothes I would be one extremely happy doll collector...and my dolls would be happy too!^^

9. Just posting an updated pic of Jem - I was playing around with wig swapping
      and think she looks kinda cute in Stuart's...he is currently wearing hers!^^

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. gelfling9uk, she looks fantastic in this wig! So playful and cute!

My Mirabil just arrived today, as soon as I have face-upped her, I will take a picture of her despite my dying camera!

11. Ah great news, that seemed to go quite quickly?!
      Thanks for the heads up, I will look out most definately for her pics...sort of feels like Jem has a sister out there!:D

12. Yes, the wait time was extremely short! She was shipped out just a month after I ordered her, and about 10 days after I paid her off! I was very, very surprised! Soom is getting faster and faster with shipping lately.

13. Here is a picture of Agnes, she says hello to her "sister" Jem ;)

[​IMG]

She was here so fast that I haven't even DECIDED on which wig to buy her >.> So she'll wear either the simple black fur one or a white-blond pixie cut fiber one for now, those two are the only wigs I have that suit her.

14. Oh wow dollblue, she is beautiful! :D
      Apologies for not having replied before, but I've not been on the forum much lately... You did a wonderful job on her face up, her eyelashes look equisite and very fine (I always struggle with lashes...). I love her styling, she is very urban and modern looking! Congratulations, and how wonderful to see another Mirabil on DoA :D

p.s. Which Soom eyes did you get with her?^^

15. Thank you so much! =) I am glad you like her! I hope to see more of Jem again soon too, I love your girl! Mirabil is such a beautiful sculpt.

I got "Soft Black" eyes - didn't you get the same colour? ^^

16. Yes, I got the 'soft black' too, I was just curious if that was a standard they sent out with her.^^ In anycase, it's a beautiful choice for her. :)