1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Basic Super Gem - Rhodo & Ivory

Jul 21, 2010

1. I will be ordering Ivory soon. Unfortunately I had to spend $300 on stuff for college that Financial aid was supposed to cover, so I have to wait until after the 6th T^T

2. Oh no my boy is only 66.5 cm so he is like 1.5 cm taller then Ivory
      But does that included the head though ?
      Or maybe I will just ask them ...

3. Yes, I'll be sure that 65cm is her full height with head included

4. Thanks ! So I think she is next on my wishlist then xdd
      I could get my boy more gel-ed wig so that he could look taller with Ivory :)

5. Oh, I really want an Ivory! But it will take a very long time before I can get her, that is quite the pricetag! But she is lovely~~~

6. Subscribing as Im really excited to see someones Ivory, shes so beautiful and I would love to see her with different face ups.

7. I am also willing to see some home-made photos of Ivory!! I fell in love with her some days ago while visiting the site wit my mother, and we decided to buy her between the two of us xD. But the page offers no info about her size and measurements... I can imagine that she will be 60cm tall aprox., but know nothing about the rest of it. So it's my turn for saving as much as I can... this is going to be really hard...

And about Rhodo, I don't like him very much. He seems to be unfinished.

EDIT: I hadn't seen @Dynamene post while writing the post, so thanks for the info about the measurements!! :D

8. I have been looking for any information about Ivory. I have not ordered from Soom before. Can anyone that has a super gem or gem from Soom tell me about the quality of the dolls?

I would like to know the following:
      Posing quality
      Resin quality
      ease of ordering from Soom
      paint quality
      any other info that can make me an informed shopper.

I am always looking for great bjds as models and always rely on the wonderful information provided on this forum.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

9. I've been in love with Ivory since she came out but I couldn't afford her. I have saved up and now I have enough for her. I was wondering too on how she was to pose and how fast Soom was for shipping out there normal dolls?

10. I think they manufacture and ship out the normal dolls about as fast as their limiteds--about 3 months =/

Also, I personally find the Super Gem female body to be a miserable poser. I've heard they are much better with sueding and wiring, but I haven't tried that yet myself. Their knees are only single jointed, they don't have a mobility joint in their thighs, they don't have a waist joint, their elbows are kind of a mess (they have these segments between the forearm and upper arm pieces that just never seem to do what you want) and none of their joints have any sort of locking mechanism.

Also, try looking on the market place :) I personally find that is the best place to buy a doll that will offer the fastest shipping!

11. uhm, I want to see some pictures of custom Ivory too.. I really like her with brown/red hair, but now there are new pics in soom site (for winter I think) and with the blonde wig she looks different, I don't know if I like her that way :/