1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Bygg Hybrids

Aug 22, 2009

1. I finally did a faceup on a Puki multi head that's been stored in a box since it arrived at the same time that I did my Beyla.

The FairyLand white resin of my multi head is more yellow, but as far as "paleness" it's a decent match. I'm sure that a bit of creative blushing could mask any differences.

2. Don't know if anyone is still looking for this, but I just noticed in an article about dikadoll that it said they would take commissions for grey resin skin also. I sent them a question asking if they would do a 1/6 size body like this, as neck size matches Soom's neck size. Their prompt reply was:

sure :)
      tiny +$30

3. I'm looking for a gray body for my Bygg and Dikadoll looks like a really cute body. I did a search, but could not find anyone that has one of the tiny dolls in irl. Is anyone going to order?

4. We're seriously considering ordering a grey Dikadoll body for my girlfriend's Bygg head, especially since jeeryama ((Doll's Singing on eBay)) is one of their overseas agents. They've been in correspondence with us over getting one.

The bodies for Dikadoll 1/6 and Soom 1/6 are pretty perfectly close ((the most important one being, as rhiella said, the perfect neck match)). Size/proportion differences are miniscule but no one ((not even Dikadoll)) is sure if the grey resin would be a match to Soom. We might have to blush it a little to get the grey to match more seamlessly, but we don't have any problems with that.

For anyone who's curious and hasn't seen it, these are all of Dikadoll's colours, including the commissionable grey and tan ((these are 1/4 bodies, by the way, this pic is only for colour reference)):

[​IMG]

It's a pleasant colour and looks like it might be an okay match, although it's hard to tell for sure without having actual comparison photos. Anyway, if we DO get the body - which we most likely will - we'll post photos! C:

5. Oh yes! Look at all those little cuties, I'd forgotten about this new size Dikadoll has made:D I'm certain this would be a great body for Bygg. The color will probably be very close.

6. I'm sold! Now to find jeeryama, and figure out how to order. I hate my Bygg/Chaos just being a head.

7. Right here! C:

http://stores.ebay.com/DollsSinging

They have a section for Dikadoll but don't actually have the 1/6 bodies listed under their Parts. BUT no worries, cos they always make the effort to try and order something for people if you ask! C: They've always gone the extra mile for us and have actually confirmed that they'd order it for us when we want it.

8. I'm placing an order for one through Jeeryama right now XD I'm currently waiting for a reply giving me the final cost. There did seem to be a bit of confusion over what dolls are actually available in the grey tone. I think they were under the impress the grey skin is only available for the new dolls that are now on discount with this promotion. But if they say we can have 1/6 bodies in gray you better believe I'm snagging one from Doll Singing!

I'll probably be placing the order tomorrow morning when they confirm you can indeed get 1/6th bodies in gray. Cause a) I doubt they would put up a cost for it if they didn't and b) doubt they'd tell rhiella they could if they can't. Wish me luck! I'll be sure to let you guys know all the details when Jeeryama gets back to me!

9. I've got my LS body ordered for my Bygg OE head, but I like knowing what other bodies work for these little guys, especially since I've got the OE Beyla and OE Ai heads to deal with. I'm going to have to take a look at the Dikadoll ones. Post pictures when you have them all put together!

10. Update on the dikadoll body:

Jeeryama is saying that the 1/6th body is not available in the gray skin tone. Apparently the gray skin is only available for the dolls listed in the promotion. Which is confusing because the have the priced listed for 1/6th gray on here and it's been confirmed on here by, I assume, catas.

So now the question is who is right and who is wrong. I sent Jeeryama a note back saying that on here people are confirming that it is available in gray. We'll see what they say back. In the meantime I sent an e-mail to catas too. We'll solve this mystery!

Edit:

Looks like the mess got cleared up and catas was right. You can get the 1/6th bodies in gray. So now that
      Jeeryama in on the same page you can order the body through her as well. I've got mine now ordered through catas and I'm hoping it will be fast arriving! I'll take some pictures when it gets here so everyone can see the resin match.

11. I will be ordering one through catas who confirmed it for me, hence my original post here. Catas says there is absolutely no problem ordering them - I just need to wait until the end of the new year break so that dikadoll is back in business. Will confirm here once the order actually goes through.

12. Bump

Has anyone considered msDoll's tinies? They have a neutral gray. It seems a little light, but I can't find any threads about it.

13. Order confirmed for 1/6 Dikadoll body in gray skin through Catas, for anyone still wondering if they are actually available! Expecting shipment late March, so a while to wait to find out whether this hybrid will even work!

14. I'm bumping this too!:bump
      Was just searching this thread to see if anyone has the answer for this!

I was pondering the msdoll Pan GS body for my 2nd Bygg head, but haven't seen that tone in person before so I have no idea how well it would compare to my girl.
      Has anyone tried this, or has anyone at least seen the msdoll GS in person?

15. Well I just bought a WS elf Pan to try to put my GLOT/GLATI hooves on so I'll take some photos and let you know what the result is. I'm crossing my fingers its at least workable. I don't want to have to find a different body to fit the head and legs.

EDIT: derp. I didn't notice the conversation was about the grey skin. Sorry!

16. I will be posting my little Lazuli soon. Her LS body is coming in very shortly. Hopefully she'll have a face up by that point. I can't wait to have her all together!

17. Just updating here: received my grey dikadoll body and the match is SPOT ON. Body is a little fat (as expected) - a bit younger than Soom, but match is super goodl really thrilled with the result. Have taken some pictures and will post them when I get a chance.

18. Dikadoll body with Soom Bygg head:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

19. That body looks great. I will definitely be ordering one for my Bygg as soon as the dust settles on the many layaways I have open now.

20. Wow, that looks awesome! Thanks for posting.