1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Bygg Hybrids

Aug 22, 2009

1. ack! I didn't need to see this... I was planning on only keeping the open-eyed head from my bygg but the fact that dikadoll has a body that matches is making my mind wander into dangerous territory.

2. I wonder if Dikadoll's tan is the same as Afi's.

3. *nods in agreement*

4. Is thinking the exact same thing!!!! Although The fact that there is a body out there for my flaoting bygg which i cant seem to sell seems fate for me to keep it! eeeepppp!!!! So can you only order theses bodys through ebay? or does the company have a proper website that will ship to UK?

EDIT - errrmmm is anyone able to tell me if the soom human feet fit the dikadoll body? my fav part of teenie gems is thier little feet... so if I could use my byggs feet I'd be overjoyed lol

5. Ooh, perhaps this would help take my unicorn head out from the drawer and actually get some action going for it.
      Thanks for sharing.

6. The picture posted shows the lil soom fishy parts on the dikadoll body so I would guess yes? Since the parts should have approx the same size joint. :)

7. ah of corse *slaps head* stupid me >.> Thanks for pointing that out :D

erm can anyone point me in the right direction to buy one of theses bodies? I tried the main site (gota love google ^^) but I couldn't figure out how to buy... do you have to have an account first?

8. Yeah...I've been considering matches for the extra Afi head, but I haven't seen anyone discussing it...Maybe this needs its own thread, or are people not worrying about it yet, I wonder?

.hlp

9. Does anyone know if Bygg's hooves will fit on a dika body?

10. For those people interested in my Dikadoll hybrid, she has her own gallery page now so you can see more pictures and a little more info: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-Glati-amp-Dikadoll-hybrid&p=6170874&posted=1

Also, Just a quick note - the Iv fins aren't a perfect fit; they are just a tad loose (and therefore probably feet would be too), but if you look at the pictures it is a plenty good enough fit to pose well. I believe that Soom hands will also fit, but that it will be a struggle to get fantasy knees on: the legs are actually about the same thickness so they fit in, and back of knee seems okay for locking mechanism, but the shape at the front is all wrong - I suspect it wouldn't be a hard mod though, if you wanted to try.

Also, I purchased from seller and DOA member Catas directly through DOA, who was super helpful; Dikadoll's website is amazingly confusing, so I would highly recommend going through an agent like catas.

11. rhiella, do you think catas might have an idea whether the tan matches Afi?

12. All you can do is ask! I found catas really helpful and very quick at responding (usually same day or overnight), so there's no reason not send a PM through. I never asked whether the grey skin would be a match though, just took a punt.

13. My little Dikadoll gray body just came in on Thursday. The resin match wasn't perfect for me. The Dikadoll resin looks greener than sooms and a bit darker. But it's close enough that I fixed it with only minor blushing around the neck and shoulders to blend the head color into the body. I also blushed the hands and lower arms so they would match his Face when they put close to it.

It wasn't hard to do and the dikadoll body just looks so adorable with the Bygg head. I'd recommend it, but it might require a bit of blushing. Maybe their gray resin varies slightly from batch to batch. Over all I'm very impressed with the match! I'm also impressed with the bodies mobility.

Before

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

After blushing
      [​IMG]

You can see where the tops of his arms are still darker than the blushed part of his upper torso. But you can't tell at all when he wears a shirt with the resin match being so close. Overall, I really love it. The mates is great with a bit of work and the posing is just fantastic. Catas was really great to -I think anyone needing a body for a Bygg head would love the gray dikadoll 1/6 body.

14. :D I'm so glad to know that Dikadoll has a decently matching body!
      I was afraid my Bygg's human head would go to waste...but now I may turn it into my first girl doll. :whee:
      The AS body looks great too but I don't know if I'm willing to spend the money, Dikadoll's seems good enough for me.

15. I have put a gray Bygg head on a 1/4 gray skin Resinsoul girl body. The head fits on the neck but the neck is long and needed to be sanded down by about 3/4 of a centimeter. The cranium suits the body proportionately but the face looks a little too small for the body. I am pretty sure that it won't be too noticible once I have a wig made.

The color match is very close but the SOOM gray skin is a tiny bit darker.

When I find my camera I will be sure to photograph her!

16. northern_raven, I'd LOVE to see those pictures, please! :D

I'm bumping this to ask if anyone has any pictures of Bygg on the 1/6 Resinsoul body. I know it'll be very bobbleheaded, but I still really want to see just how it would look. Can anyone help, please? :)