1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom - Doll Restock

Aug 20, 2004

1. I don't know about girls, but I've noticed the boys have the same joints at the hips and no chest joints (which I hate!) I think CP boys have different hip/thigh joints though...

Soom boy

CP boy

Yeah... Delfs have those funny thigh joints. What exactly do those joints do, anyway? I hope I'm not too OT. >_<

2. I don't know about the boys. I have a CP boy, but not a Soom one. I imagine some of the same things go, though, like slimmer thighs and different muscle groups highlighted.

Can't say I'm a fan of the chest joint either, but I do think it makes dolls easier to pose, after a fashion, because you can adjust the balance more easily. Of course, with the crazy legs, my CP dolls manage to frustrate me to no end.

I have never had a problem posing my Soom doll. Ever. By far the best poser of all my SDs.

/off topic

I was actually surprised at how light Soom resin was when I got my Gena. It was such a nice creamy light color, though, that I'm a little sad that they are changing it.

However, in the interest of being able to switch bodies and heads around it gives more possibility for customization in a hobby that seems to be very customization focused.

It seems like Soom is ranging all over the place in finding their niche in the BJD market, though. Changing bodies, sizes, resin colors, etc. I love that they are willing to be that brave. I <3 Soom

3. I just noticed on Soom's website that they've announced they will be releasing Aren "soon" and that the original release date was delayed as they didn't think the pictures they had of her on the site did her justice.

http://dollsoom.com/board/pop4.php3?ID=32

Liz

Liz

4. Uyoo Replacement Kit has one body and both heads (normal and romantic Uyoo).

5. she is white skin and the outfit is included.

DILLUI-I LOVE NYANGI

* set information :
      - assembled body(GBN005)
      - 20mm N10 Midnight [SOOM eyes]
      - default face up
      - default wig
      - default outfit(skirt, sleevless T-shirt, sleevless jacket and long socks)
      - bag, cat hair band and choker
      - default shoes
      - 2 cotton pillows
      - manual & certificate of authenticty

6. Soooo cute!!
      It still isn't for sale but they now have the color pictures of her on the SOOM site:
      http://www.dollsoom.com/shop/step1.php?number=1345

worldwide to only 30 pieces

* set information :
      - Uyoo assembled body
      - default face up
      - default eyes
      - default wig
      - default outfit(on piece skirt-with two gifts decoration,hat-with cat doll and bat decoration,mantle,pants and choker)
      - broom, cat doll
      - default shoes
      - magnetic emoticon card
      - manual & certificate of authenticity
      - pillow & box

7. The Limted Uyoo is in stock now~~and is $307.

8. There are new white Kyrie-'My funny Yaong' available on the site:
      http://dollsoom.com/shop/step1.php?number=1366

They come with:
      - assembled body(GBN005)
      - 20mm N18 Neonviolet [SOOM eyes]
      - default face up
      - default wig
      - default outfit(skirt, T-shirt, sleevless and long socks)
      - bag, cat hair band and choker
      - default shoes
      - 2 cotton pillows
      - manual & certificate of authenticty

9. I love her too but the price is what holds me back.

Isn't that always the case?

Maybe Soom will have a sale someday.

10. Do you think that I could put this doll's head on a tall Narae body from Dollfair.

I could buy the wig from Soom and copy the faceup.

What do you all think?

11. Actually I don't think the soom head will look right on the Narae body. I think Soom's head mold is a little bit bigger then Narae. I've got soom and I've seen the Narae dolls. I'd have to see both together though. You might request pictures of both dolls side by side to get a better idea.

Christal

12. I just realized that they don't sell a white Dillui head anyway so there goes that idea.

13. hey, does anyone know if the outfit Gena-Smoky Day is wearing in the photos is the same outfit that can be purchased with her?

or is it a different outfit? the description sounds like a different outfit.

14. It is the same outfit, HouseOfIsis~
      It come with hat,slip,gater belt,stockings, briefs and choker.
      Soom had made a mistake with the description of default outfit set.
      But it is revised now.^^

You can choose four options when you order Gena-Smoky Day :
      - default outfit set(hat,slip,gater belt,stockings, briefs and choker)
      - default face up
      - manicure
      - piercing

15. Thank you Yujian for the information, she is quite a gorgous doll!

16. Soom Gena - Smoky Day [cream white]

I saw this a few days ago and I don't think anybody has posted about it!

http://www.dollsoom.com/shop/step1.php?number=1514

I think she's beautiful and just might be perfect for my female character that I want a doll for. ^_^