1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend: Azur, Big Sea Sprite Discussion!

Aug 9, 2011

1. I knew he'd have a tail! I got Vega Last Song vibes from this guy right away and thought to myself, "this time they'll go all out and make a resin tail for him". Hopefully, this means that Soom will try larger merfolk as well! One can only hope! :)

2. I absolutely love the mermaid tail! I'm glad they made it out of transparent resin. The blushing they gave it really brought out the shimmery-ness of fish scales. A little disappointed that you can't get an extra human body. Not Soomed, but I'll be eagerly awaiting owner pictures! I would love to see this guy as a Super (or even Mega) Gem.

(Also, did his Heliot outfit make anybody else LOL? Between Azur's outfit and Obsidius's wings Soom seems to be a little Heliot fixated.)

3. Okay, by the morning light, I'm very inclined to get mer-boy, although paying $50 for frippery...we'll see. :) I'll see how I feel at the end of the week? :D

.hlp

4. Man he is tempting. I don't care for the outfits. I only want the tail anyway. And blushed. Man. He is so tempting. I nearly have enough too...

ok, Soomed yet again.

5. I've been staring at the tail engineering. Do you think you'd be able to put the Siren tail on a female Mini Gem body?

6. There may be a gap... what's the size difference between the male waist and the famale waist?

7. I am soomed, but forgot how delicate these ones are. I cancelled my order.

8. Oooo. Tail = very yes. And since I don't want any of the other parts [all of them are wrong for the girl I have in mind] that makes him rather affordable, even if I go for layaway. I think I might actually mind not having this character at full SD size. :) I'll have to see when it gets closer to payday though.

9. Did anyone know where to get wigs in his size? I'd like to give him long pale blue or at least white or grey hair. But there aren't many stores I know who are offering 4" size wigs.

10. Dollmore does, as does Fairyland. Ebay does too, as it's a Barbie size.

11. I'm honestly not impressed by him. The tail is impressive but his face and the fact you can only have either siren form or just human form doesn't appeal to me. Annnnnd no wings ): Glad you all like him!

12. Well he is a little cutie. I really love the detail on his face! So much more emotion then the faery girls I had. I really hope that Soom starts adding this level of detail to their girl fae, I'd be much more inclined to get and keep them. I suppose that boys do sell better though, so they get a little more attention.

Part of me wants to wait for a faery girl mermaid, and another parts says wait for a sg mermaid! I am very happy Soom has introduced this concept for their dolls. Now I just need a centaur sg and a mermaid sg!

13. I wish he was a different skin tone like light green with shimmer all over......I would sooooo get him then, too bad you don't get both body parts. At least the price is great.

14. He is so gorgeous, a fish that I'd like to hook myself.

But I'm safe from being Soomed this time, thought Soom is getting really really close to hitting my heart with it's mini gem men (Male fairies) and the 51cm unicentar......

so close.....my heart to beating so....

15. He is gorgeous! :D And a merfolk! :D:D:D And beautiful!!! :D:D:D:o:|
      ... and that's what saves me from him.
      I'm really into mermaids; but as far as mermen are concerned I for one am really really old fashioned: to me mermen have to be buff and butch as they embody the male aspect of the sea: strong and brutish; they are rarely gentle creatures and luring is seldom part of their trade.
      I had exactly the same feeling when big Vega merman came out. And that's why I was sooo sold when they released Cass.

But to each their own! Kudos to all those who will catch this handsome fish. ;)

I'm both glad and terrified that merfolk are coming back into fashion... glad because I love them, terrified because this doesn't bode well for my wallet... :doh

I guess we have to blame the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise for that as they have revamped the theme in their latest opus...

16. Oh my goodness, Bakkhios!!! :D I would die, DIE if you were to get one of the Soom faeries and work your enchantments on them...oh, so sad for me that this little man's not attracting you, but I will be optimistic that Soom will make a female companion. The day this happens, I will PM you, LOLOL! No escape ;) I Still remember the Creation of Cass, it just humbled me completely...So exciting to see you again!!! :fangirl:

.hlp

17. Yes!!

I just took the plunge and ordered him, (as a human.) I figured that I can always make and cast clear resin wings for him myself. :)

I didn't get any of the extras, so no eyes/wig/blushing/clothing, a bald naked doll.
      I'm so glad that Soom takes E-checks.

I have a total love for Soom right now. :aheartbea

18. Thanks Heidipay, you make me blush :blush:blush
      Indeed, the day they make his female counterpart, I'd be sooo soomed. And if it's a Super Gem, even more so... I'd be waiting for your PM, LOL! ;)

Elysion gear, you'd make the wings yourself? Great! :D I hope you'll share the pics of the work in progress in a post somewhere here. ;)

19. I'm not really into the fantasy dolls that much although Soom always seems to draw me in... I love their cat paws, and furry clawed legs for the larger dolls, and this guy! Oh gosh he is so cute! I totally want him with his tail but I am saving my money for another dolly. Oy! Soooooooooommmm!! ;)

20. I'm in the exact same boat. This little one is so lovely though! I can really appreciate each and every detail. He's just too tiny for me. Safe! This time. >_> I fear I won't be for long. XD