1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend "Nenad" Discussion

Jun 28, 2010

1. For those asking: holy cow can they wear Barbie outfits! Trust me; as someone who has over 157 barbie outfits for just 2 Mini Gems: they can wear barbie clothes. Now I just have to figure out what to do with dozens and dozens of naked barbies and zillions of silly little plastic shoes. :lol:

2. What gets me is she's so erm..realistic, I mean as realistic as a fairy can be! I don't know what's happening to me, I didn't really like SOOM before but I was taken aback by the lovely owner pics of Chalco, then pining over, and arguing like a demon in defence of, the recent issue of Beryl and now I want this little fairy too! Someone help me!

3. Soom is really amazing lately. I may have found another favorite company. Can you imagine a shelf filled with 12 different fairies, all one for each month of the year? :D

4. i really want this girl... i already have some resin wings from fairyland, and i just love them, but soom oh my gosh if they are colored resin and that big i want!

i could so easily see her being a poor changling >> to fit in with my group of dolls.
      some times being a gamer makes it easyto justify getting cute dolls.

5. I'm lucky that I simply don't care about my dolls fitting in with each other! ::laughs::
      As long they have a similar aesthetic with the way they're dressed so they all look good together, I'm not so bothered if the sizes don't match up.
      Like, I have loads of Soom tinies and then a Custom House Petite Ai. The Petite Ai girl looks MASSIVE against everyone else because she's a little taller, has a massive head and a HUGE body. She's just a totally different style even though she's the same basic size as the Soom and Bambicrony tinies. Then I have a Bisou Ai too who's just TEENY.
      And my Souldoll SD girl looks tiny compared to my Super Gem.
      This could also all be because all my dolls are fantasy and so they don't have to seem as if they're the same race and from the same universe.

I'm still in love with this girl today, and have a lot of hope for the series as a whole!
      Lots of fairies for me!

6. Gahh D: I am smitten with this pic ; ; I have to wait and see the rest of the images before i make up my mind. I wasn't hoping for a moss fairy but her looks are so adorable! I'm sure I can fit a fairy in my group as my main big girl is half fairy. I was also eyeballing dolls that can fit barbie clothes or stuff I can easily get around me D: Although at first glance I though Aren, but her face is too angular in comparison so I doubt Soom will make this new special line in any relation to the basic minigems.

7. This topic will be locked as the moderators discuss the doll for on-topicness!

Thank you for understanding!

8. This doll is on-topic for Den of Angels as she has both jointed human legs and unjointed fairy legs :)

9. She's available for $273 base at the SOOM website right now.

10. YAY! I'm so thrilled!!

Well, I ordered her 30seconds after she went on sale earlier today, and added the bi weekly outfit just now.
      She'll totally paid off so, long wait ahead!

There are a few things I'm disappointed about, but overall she's the best doll Soom have released since Cuprit I think so I'm generally thrilled!

11. Congrats on getting her, midnitestar7 :)

She has a sweet face. I love the lips the most. Abit of teeth in there? That' cute. She looks like she has a similar nose to Breccia as well. But I'm not too fond of the body blushing, which is great since it's an option.

12. Her little face is so beautiful!

I'm disappointed about the tiny disproportionate chest, as well as the really boring eyes - I have yet to find any non pupil eyes in 8mm, especially not glittery ones, so I was really counting on Soom to give her amazing default eyes.
      I also thought the feet were transparent so was sad when I found out they weren't, and would have liked much bigger ears on her.

But I'm just being a perfectionist here xD
      I adore her and want her home IMMEDIATELY, especially now they've released a much better dress for her!

13. I'm passing on Nenad, based on personal preferences, however I am so excited for future ones. I LOVE the leg's, I actually like the small chest, it's more fae-ish and I hope that maybe they allow for an option in the future? Otherwise she's lovely and I wish her face stood out more for me because I want a pretty soom faery!

14. I love the legs too, I just wish they were transparent!
      But they're beautiful all the same , and I only think about the idea of them being transparent because we've seen Soom do it before!

The chest thing, well, small chests really aren't my thing. ^_^;;
      I can see why Soom felt they were more fairy-esque and I guess the way they make the body look disproportionate actually fits in with the fairy theme.
      It's not enough to make me NOT get her (as I already have), but I hope to see a bigger bust option next time!
      I'm not even talking about huuuuge Breccia boobies here, just ones like the old mini gem body used to have like HERE!

Now a big breasted dark fairy would be amazing xD

15. A-ha-ha-ha! Ordered her--bi-weekly clothes? Nooooooo.... Uh, I will be right back....

.hlp

16. Yes go go go!!
      They're much better than her sack!;)

17. Lol, I think her dress is cute too, but I'd rather just make a dress similar to it or maybe make it a little bit better than to just buy it XD

18. I am disappointed her feet are not in clear resin, but perhaps in the future. Her eyes are 8mm? Ugh! It will be hard to find glass in this size? D:

And I like her sack ;D I like the biweekly clothing too...decisions, decisions :(

19. I got both her sack and her biweekly clothing! Going to mix and match I think! ^_^

I was disappointed the feet weren't transparent too as I thought the were, but oh well!
      Maybe next time!

I'm already having trouble with the eyes though. Found zero in the way on no pupil eyes in 8mm so far!
      I wish Soom had made proper sparkly eyes for her. T_T