1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend "Nenad" Discussion

Jun 28, 2010

1. As a fan of smaller busts I really don't have a problem with this girl, and I generally don't associate anything fairy like with a large chest. There are too many limited coming out right now, and trying to decide which one to be my first to bring home is becoming a painful task xD
      Seriously tempted with her though... she's one of the most beautiful female sculpts I've seen.

2. LOL! I cancelled my order and placed a new one with the bi-weekly clothes too, whoop! They are beautiful, had to manually-pay Soom, but they got the payment, all's cool! ^ ^ I totally adore her, meanwhile, thought about her all through my (wretchedly horrible and long) day!

.hlp

3. It looks like Shelly's glass glitter eyes preorder thingie goes down to 8mm size, and she offers non-pupil eyes in 19 different flavors! :D Good news for all those looking! I am actually hesitating on this fairy...I wanted to get Victorianwinter's faery as well as wait to see what Soom does next with their Faery Legend line. I think it will be neat to see what additional ideas they come up with. Is it time for another Soom limited speculation thread? LOL!

As for Nenad, at least there is the Shelly eye option for her :) It'll be cool to see what more bi-weekly clothes they come out with (anyone notice their bi-weekly clothes are more like bi-monthly?)

4. I'm still very unsure of whether or not I should order her... I love her to death, and totally do, but sadly I'm too afraid that they will come out with something later that I will love even more :( I guess I still have a little while to think about it, luckily, and either way it will be on layaway since I can't just pay it off the bat. But I'd love for her to be my first bjd. I just love her coloring, how subtle it is. What I'm looking forward to seeing is (since her story snippet says she's seelie fae) what they come up with for unseelie... *tapers fingers evilly*

5. She's so cute just like a little fairy :D

6. Does anyone know the answers to these questions about Nenad? I tried asking Soom but the answers I got back didn't really answer my questions. My questions are -

1.) Are her eyes standard or limited edition?

1.) Is the Green on her Wings and on the tips of her faery feet body painting?

Bascially, If she comes with those green wings and the tips of her faery feet are green, I don't need the body painting.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

7. From the looks of the eyes are NOT limited edition and it seems that the green on her fairy feet is the body painting.
      If her wings are anything like Monzo, Grit, and Syen's wings, they WILL be green tinted, but they will also be painted too!

When I go in next week I'll ask!

8. Yes, please ask if the body blushing affects the wings as well. I am waffling on if I should get it :)

9. I completely agree with you. Unseelie court! I love the expression on her face, though. I'm a little upset that Soom seems to be so anti ankle joints as of late.. Oh well. I'm going to wait and enjoy what comes along, until the one fae shows up that haunts my dreams. I *love* her little teeth, though..

Edit: I'm on the fence. Ugh. I hope Soom releases the next tinies before Nenad's ordering period is over..

Edit2: Oh poop. Neither of my two Teenie Gems, nor my floating head have names yet, and I manage to come up with one for her? This is very uncool.

10. So if this beauty is "small fairy" and "seelie court" do you think they are going to make amazing Queens for the Dark and Light courts? The Light queen could be white and silver with a wig that has a thousand tiny braids, hard grey eyes, and a giant green velvet dress (Tam Lin illustartion from when I was little). Of course I hope that the queen's face sculpts are beautiful and not 'quirky' like some of the MDs have been of late. It goes with the territory that the queens would be unearthly beautiful, not a girl next door sculpt.

I really love Miss Nenad, in the 12th picture down she reminds me of a picture of Tinkerbell from a book I had as a child. I wish I could find it to show, it is almost the exact same picture. Hopefully I can get her but it won't be until later in the ordering period. I am guessing that tons of these girls are going to sell with that sweet face and the price.

11. I would love that!!!! I'm so in love with fairy lore that involves light and dark court that I would absolutely die if they did anything along these lines! Maybe the line won't be just minis, maybe they'll throw in some of the other sizes too, just like they have done with the other MDs... Oh lord, I think I'm in trouble, lol.

12. I was wondering if there were going to be larger sized dolls as well since she is labelled as "Small Fairy", how exciting would that be. I will be getting her on the 16th I think (after my next pay check), but that means I'll miss out on the limited dress. I don't really mind tho, as I like her default "sack" as some have called it better :P. It reminds me of a flower petal on the bottom half, and I'm all for that. My only worry is how I will feel about her size, as I love the heft and size of my SD. I guess I like some barbies, which I hear is similar so it should be alright.

13. The more I look at her, the more her face intrigues me. I've climbed onto the fence, too. I think I want her. :doh

Somehow, I missed all of that about the "Seelie Court" and "small fairy." I only read the bottom part where it mentioned she once turned strawberries into gold. Now I'm really excited to know what the next one will be! I wish Soom would give us a list of the next few that are coming out. :lol: It's frightening to think of how many MG fairies I might end up with. I've already decided I need at least 3: normal, white, and tan skin. I'd love a grey one, too. And maybe one in the bronze skin....

I'm not thrilled with a moss fairy but...what about a water sprite? Those long feet, blushed blue, could be little flippers. I saw the cutest tiny blue nail jewels at the store and I have several small pieces of different blue fabric remnants that would make her a water sprite wardrobe.

(I wonder if she can balance on the fairy feet with a doll stand?)

I still hope the future ones are more "complicated" than Nenad. I want to see the same level of detail in them as in the big MDs. I want intricate dresses, styled wigs, pretty shiny eyes, etc.

I don't know if I should order her or keep waiting. It's not Nenad herself that worries me; it's the lack of clothes/shoes/wigs/eyes in this size. I know I have to take the plunge some time if I want one, though... Oh, what to do? :doh

14. So if she has no ankle joints on her fairy legs how do they attach? I don't think you could run elastic and a tiny S hook through the bottom of that slender pointed foot.

15. I'm getting a little too excited about this whole concept. But I think I will have to wait and see what my monthly budget looks like next week before I can decide if I will order her... I may just have to break down and order the dress early since it won't be for sale too much longer, but it's just too cute to resist. I don't know if I want to go with that wig for her though...too bad there aren't too many options for that size. I am excited that I found a pair of lovely, multi-tone green 8mm sized eyes on Safrin that I think will fit great. I loved how in some of the books I've read the fae have multi-colored eyes...*squees*

16. I imagine it is like the other soom feet where there is a hole that you put a hook in and it provides tension. Or there may be a resin loop there that you have to loop the string around.

Ugh, my carpal tunnel can't handle restringing. Just thinking about it is making me cringe xD;

17. pastelflower, there has been some mention that barbie clothes might fit (though might have to be altered to accomodate the smaller breasts), I think Soom might start catering to eyes their size if the popularity of Faery Legend really takes off (and we voice the need for eyes in 8mm) as for wigs, I think we will still have tinybear's lovely creations.

I love her face. *sigh* she truly has a delightful face. Are these Faery Legends going to be monthly releases? If so, I might be doomed..

18. I wish I knew if they were monthly as well...sadly looking at my budget for this month I'm not even sure I can afford to place her layaway order. Oh well, may have to wait for the next one and just save up more in advance *sigh*

19. *gasp* Would they be able to wear Momoko clothing? Maybe even their shoes, too?

20. It's been said they won't be monthly, maybe they'll be every other month, we're not sure yet. I'm going to have to start making a new list of 'stuff that fits' for minigems too, wigs seem to be the challenge at the moment, yikes!

.hlp