1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Faery Legend "Nenad" Discussion

Jun 28, 2010

1. She's gorgeous! Her outfit is really lovely too!
      I've been wanting a fairy for some time now, and she's perfect, but i can't afford another doll right now! :(

2. I think Mini Gems are taller than Momoko but I wonder if her tops might fit better with the new small bust? The old feet could wear Momoko shoes but I don't know if they changed them (probably not much). Luts makes 1/6 shoes (Soom sells a few of them) and she can wear Volks' Who's that Girl line. I'm betting she can wear Re-Ment's shoes, too!

For wigs, she can wear size 4 fashion doll size. They're not hard to find they just all seem the same.

This is the original Mini Gem clothing thread. I'm not sure how up-to-date it is but you can get some good ideas there.

I'm disappointed that Soom never supported them very well. I'm not pleased at the idea of special limiteds with optional acrylic eyes and a wig in a style and color that's extremely common - but even now, knowing they were making a special limited release, they didn't bother to restock the shoes or wigs or sell more 8mm eyes. There aren't many options out there and I was really hoping for styled wigs and clothes made for her body instead of manufactured "toy company" clothing. I can't help but feel like Soom just took the easy way out with Nenad. :sweat

Of course, this is the first one and I'm sure they'll make me eat my words later on. ;)

3. I'm hoping this becomes a proper relaunch with clothes and the like...but then I think of the Mecha Angel line, and I know that Soom can indeed be fail when it comes to supporting elements for a doll, so we'll have to see.

.hlp

4. Mini Gems have been out since 2006 and in all that time Soom has never updated their shoes beyond some Azone and the 1/6 ones Luts made, they've only added a few wigs, and other than the original full-set outfits NEVER updated the clothes. It's hard to keep feeling hopeful. :sweat

Well, I have Nenad in my shopping cart! I won't get my birthday money until Tuesday but I'm going to let her rest on my credit card for a few days, in hopes I can be on the shipping list a few days earlier. :whee: I'm still deciding on whether I want her with a face-up or not. If I turn her into a water sprite she doesn't need a face-up from Soom - but am I sure I want a water sprite? Hmmmm...

5. Any idea what her wig and eye size are?

6. Should be 4 in and 8mm. At least I'm almost positive :)

7. I wonder if she can fit barbie clothing?

8. From what I heard, she can fit in barbies outfits , just that the bust area might be loose.

9. I compared the measurements I found online of barbie dolls to what the Soom website has for the mini gems and the barbie ones are all a tiny bit bigger, but with minor adjustments (especially in the bust for this one, as previously mentioned) they'd probably fit pretty well.

10. pastelflower thank you for that helpful link! Too bad she won't fit into any blythe or momoko clothes, there's such a lovely collection on etsy!

11. I'm betting she'll be able to wear most Barbie stuff, Volks WTG (though that line is frustrating to shop in as Volks never seems to restock it) , Obitsu 1/6 scale, and Azone International. With her petite figure, people who like a close fit will probably want to choose stretchy things that will mold to any bodyline, rather than things tailored for a larger bust.

Or, of course, if you want to keep her in faerie tunics, those are really easy to make. =)

12. Oh excellent, thank you for the replies! Have there been any nude photos posted? I can't tell what her bust is like. XD

13. Yup, right here :) Hope that helps

14. Haha, thanks so much both of you!
      Oh are you a fellow Chrono Cross fan palartok?
      So how long does Soom usually take to ship these dolls, haha XD Out of curiousity, I've never bought from them before.

15. LOL, I got ninjad! I'm curious as to the time myself, I've seen a lot about it being a good while though. And man, I haven't played that game in a long long time...

16. wow she is amazing! shes abit taller than bobobies march ect. which can wear barbie stuff...looking at her frame i think it would fit....but i think with her custom clothes would be the way to go!

17. My hubby's the big fan, to be honest! But that avatar has brought us together. Ridiculously long story short: we met online 9 years ago when my handle was Harlequin :)

Her feet are crazy tiny! Blythe and Momoko shoes are waaaayy too big for her.

18. I find her really adorable! :D
      I am going to order her somewhere between July 12 ~ 15.
      A few weeks ago I started thinking about adding faeries to my doll crew, and thinking of how I could make faery wings. But now I don't need to do it myself, Soom did it for me! :D