1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM "For Five Days" events - what are they?

May 14, 2008

1. I wasn't able to find my question through search, but if there is already a thread please point me towards it.

I was wondering, do the Soom FFD dolls a re limited editions or if they go on sale for only a few days out of the month?

2. Yeah, that's exactly it - not limited, just limited days per month. Not all of them go on sale each month, either, soom rotates it ^^

3. Thanks Hiritai! thanks Mods for moving the post. :)

4. Maybe the question is silly but still i am feeling to be some kind of paranoic person.
      I wonder if Soom could stop doing their FFD in 2009? I am very interested in Sabik Elf?

5. Personally I don't think they'd do that, but you can always ask it on their Q&A to be sure, Lilly-Charlotte!

6. TiggTea
      Actually I asked and wait for their answer. Hope they will say something concrete...
      Still thank you!

7. Here is what I've come to figure out about the FFD order periods.
      Having been a professional portait photog and Teddy Bear artist for over 20 years myself, their system makes perfect sense to me. It's not a matter of "supply and demand" as much as it is what the artist can handle production-wise and still maintain the quality and workmanship that he/she is known for. Also, it has to do with being able to comfortably handle the workload and get your final product into your customer's hands in a reasonable amount of time.

I think their system of opening up order times for only five days each month is an excellent business move on their part. Especially when it comes to the dolls which are most popular. Now, here is the catch.....they rotate every, other month, between the boy and the girls. October was the girl MA order period and so November will be the boys. The dates are the same every month (14-19-unless those days fall on a weekend or holiday) so you can pretty much mark your calendar.

Maybe that clears up some questions..........................?????

8. [email protected]
      Actually it is clear by all means but will the system be the same in 2009? That is the matter.

9. Ahhhh! This is a good question. One which I have wondered myself. A lot of doll artists come out with new sculpts the first couple months of the year (for the many conventions that they participate in). I usually try to snap up whatever I can afford by years end and simply hope for the best in the New Year. You may get a difinitive answer from Soom on this, but most likely they will tell you something like they arent going to make any promises right now. :|

You can always do a 5 month Layaway with them on the MA's. That's what I have done. My Deneb is due to paid in full the end of Novemeber. It makes it less of a strain on the old wallet each month.

10. Absolutely! That is the question! The only idea which makes me think that they will still make Sabik is that he is veeery popular and a lot of people still want to have him. If they stop doing them they will lost a lot of customers and money as well.

11. I really dont like their face-sculpts... Though Sabik and Rex are pretty.
      I want one to get the jointed hands... The best things in life are always too expensive... ~_~

12. Wow, I can't believe it took me that long to figure that out. :lol: I always thought they were only sold ever for five days, so I'd given up on getting a Saiph. :lol:

13. Nov. For five days will be the Mecha Angel males, Dec will be the ladies, Jan the Boys, Feb the ladies. etc......I planned on getting another Vega but missed the ladies (Oct FFD) because I had two dolls I was waiting on and figured I can wait to order her before Christmas so was no point in rushing.

14. Its actually not quite as clear as one month the girls, next month the boys... For example November is the 3 Sabik varieties and Rex, but not Corvi. June was Vega, Deneb, Saiph and Rex. So its kind of just which ever ones they happen to pick that month, and they announce it the month before hand. I had to wait more than two months for Sabik Cream White to come up, because they only did Elf & Regular for a little while.

They also did FFD in 2007, so I see no reason for them to discontinue it. But as they add more sculpts, some will probably not come up very often (like 7th Seas Gena, who is a FFD, but only came up one month this year.)

Hope that helps :)