1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Gem Order Chance: Special Order - Speculation & Discussion Thread Part II

May 4, 2011

1. Has anyone else seen the new Beryl-Dark Moon special order?I must say I wasn't expecting them to start over yet but, but she definetly has caught my attention even though I am usually not that much of a Beryl fan. I really like the face-up and must say this version is really tempting me especially since they have her looking a good bit like a character I was just looking to shell, and since my character is a wolf girl oddly the theme fits too! ^-^ Don't know if I'll be able to swing the funds though.

Edit: Oh yeah, does she look bronze to anyone else or is just the lighting in the picture do you think? The original was cream white and the last SO was normal so maybe this one could be bronze?

2. For me she looks like tan or tawny. But maybe it's bronze, but she looks darker than the other bronze skin Sooms, so she should be tan or a new tan.

She looks gorgeous, but as I just got hand on a NS Beryl head nothing for me. The Beryl head will be a boy with the Obsidius parts for me, so I don't have to regret this MP buy. It's much easier to get a male body and parts in NS ;) than bronze/tan. But I really hope they will do a Vesuvia in bronze, tan whatever too some day. I couldn't buy one at the FC Event- and well I'd prefer a human Vesuvia anyways. I'd prefer her in tan as well. So luckily I will get the Vesuvia 2nd SO order, when she will be released. Hopefully all Vesuvia maniacs got their Vesuvia and I have a change to grab one that time. ^^ And I wouldn't mind a tan Chrom either ;).

3. If it's bronze, I'm safe. If it's tan, I'm pretty much doomed. I've grown rather fond of Beryl's face, and tan is a horrible weakness for me..

4. I think I will give her a try :)
      How long does it usually take for Soom to ship out their SOs?

5. With my SO it varied, they all had been on layaway, my Heliot needed more than 2 months after finishing the layaway, Topaz needed 6 weeks and Onyx R. 1 day.

6. Yeah, I am unfamilar with their variations in tan colorings as I have not had any yet (although I have ordered a bronze FC Vesuvia that I am waiting on) I just said bronze since that seems to be their 'tan' of choice lately... but darker for me would be better. I hope they do the others in tan too as I really want a tan Cuprit and and if this is a darker tan than I would probably try for another Vesuvia since I originally wanted the human one. I really want to try for this Beryl, but I few she will sell out majorly fast (probably under a minute) so I doubt I will be lucky enough to snag one.

Edit: So if they are starting over now releasing tan versions, what does this mean for the rest of the 2010 and 2011 dolls? Will they continue to release SOs of them too or are they not doing those and just sticking with the older sculpts? I was really hoping for a Nephelin here soon...

7. That is the question I keep asking, too. >.> There are lots of dolls they haven't rereleased as SO's yet. And Beryl has had 2 chances.

8. I think they might still re-release the more popular of the newer dolls. But seeing how it went with Monzo (he was not very popular in SO form from what I remember), maybe they might skip a doll or two. Nephelin was a rather popular one, wasn't she?

I would think they would do the following: Epidos, Nephelin, Shoshon, Ender, Amphibel, Migma, and maybe also Obsidius (There were quite a lot of orders of him if my memory is npt fooling me). I am NOT sure about Coquina and Bazael (which is bad because I want a Coquina >.>). And I am also not sure about the newest ones - Phonolus, Clozel, Arkose (which is also bad because I want a Clozel... and a second Arkose). XD

9. I want a Clozel too, she is very pretty so sad I missed her... I am doubtful they will do Amphibel (although I would love one in cream white) if they are going to be only doing certain ones because not many ordered her. I am thinking maybe a dozen were in the waiting room here....?

10. Hmm, hmm, so it looks like Beryl is in brown tan, huh? Well, that's interesting! I really hope that Soom will do special orders in white skin at some point. I wasn't expecting them to do tan SOs at all!

Then again, if Soom does a white skin Euclase I will want, like, 3. So I'm fine if Soom doesn't do white skin SOs at all! :sweat

So, the question is... will Soom loop through the already released SOs in tan or offer new ones?

11. Can we do layaway with the SO dolls? I was just wondering since I have passed on all of them.

12. Yes, up to 4 months

13. Eep! I got her! I can't believe it! I got her in time! Now I can have my wolf girl! Well... after I work out the little technicality of actually paying for her :|.... Quite a hefty price tag for the new body plus the tan...

14. Got mine, already paid her in full too :)
      I'm glad that she seems to sell a bit slower, even though I had already ordered and paid here 34 seconds after her release XD

15. Congrats on already paying her off! I wish I could do that but unfortunately dolly funds are low. I am really surprised that she hasn't already sold out, I thought for sure that she would be one of those that would sell out in under a minute or two which is why I have stayed up all night. I got her at 58 seconds after the release I think.

16. I thought about taking Layaway, but...I don't like the thought of having debts, so I prefer having debts on myself and paying back my own savings. And what's paid, is paid :)

I think most of the people are a) not interested because it's already the fourth time you can get Beryl and b) I'm sure people who wanted to get her in tan most likely got her in the FC in bronze.
      I'm just glad that this one is brown tan and fully human.

And oh, Soom told me she will come with extra high heel feet, yay!:)

17. Oh, that's nice because I was thinking of getting her a pair of tall high heeled boots if I could find some I liked!

There seemed to be a good bit of interest for her in the general super gem thread since some people were saying they didn't like the bronze shade of tan, but yeah, like you said since this is the fourth release of her most people who wanted a Beryl probably already has one so mainly it will probably be the big Beryl fans getting her. As for me, I just never really liked her other releases much, but this one is stunning.

18. I got one too. She just tempt me too much, so I gave hin, ok then it's two Beryls for me so far ;). ( I wouldn't mind the MD white version either- one day....).

About the other SO, maybe we should ask Soom about the other molds. If many people asks for the less popular dolls like Amphibel, Clozel, Bazael etc. they will do them as SO. They didn't plan for Vesuvia, but as more and more people kept begging for her, they released her. This should work the same for other molds. I would love a white Amphibel and really hope she will be released next year,

Maybe Soom only releases the molds, who were very popular as SO a second time- I wouldn't wonder about it, which would make it to Heliot, Sard, Amber, Cuprit, Topaz, Euclase, Breccia, Vesuvia and maybe Chrom in tan and Chalco maybe grey? or bronze? All of them had pretty good sales, some of them were the within minutes sold out dolls. I didn't know how fast the first Onyx had been sold out.... but I'd guess they won't do Cass, R. Onyx, Galena, Monzo a second time, as they didn't sell too well as SO. I only think about the SDs, with the Yosds it should be similar.

19. ...if they're going to rerelease SO's... XD I want another chance at Chalco!

20. Ha, I almost posted all kinds of cursewords until I realized the outfit isn't for sale. Otherwise I was going to be very :evil: at Soom for their terrible pictures of it.

I love her skintone though! Very rich!