1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Gem Order Chance: Special Order - Speculation & Discussion Thread Part II

May 4, 2011

1. Good luck, Rishi!

I would be dying if this guy were tan. He's tempting even in white but I can't afford him. So I will just have to drool at all the lovelies bought by DOA members. Which is almost as good (she says, in a sad attempt to convince herself...)

2. I know how you feel, sakuraharu, I feel that way about so many dollies these days. :/ That's why I am trying so hard to figure out if I do actually want this one.

3. Oh lordie, if this SO Chrom were in tan, I would be crying right now because I simply cannot afford him!
      As it is, WS isn't a big appeal so I'll be breathing a big sigh of relief!

4. He's up for sale! Wow already down to 38.

5. He looks very elegant and rather regal like this lol. WS suits him but, luckily for me, I've never really wanted Chrom anyway. Safe from the Soom bug this time :)

6. So, >_> I ended up placing an order for one... Does anyone know Soom's grace period for the first payment? :sweat I could just swing paying now, but I am feeling like I'd like to wait until I get my next pay in on Wednesday...

And also @Nightmareally, how can you tell how many are left? Does it say somewhere or something?

7. They allow you three days for payment. If the first payment isn't sent by then, the order is automatically cancelled. This is what they told me when I snagged Chalco after the sell out.

8. Oh, good, thanks Bexii! :D Now I can actually stop feeling guilty! :P

I was all nervous, watching the clock tick down, then freaked out a little when the 'sold out' didn't go away right away. Then I got all giddy when it did, then zipped through completing the order without thinking. Then as soon as I saw the 'Order Received' for him, I kind of went 'uh-oh...'
      But in all honesty, he is cheaper than my Pyrol and Minette were together, and even cheaper than my Spinel was... Prolly because my Spinel came with eyes.

Well, whatever the case, I hope everyone who wanted one got him! He looks so preety in the addition photos they finally put up!

9. If you add him to your cart like let's say 25 times and it's insufficient merchandise than you know there are less than 25 left. For example I tried just now to put 25 and it said no, then I tried 20 and it put them in... so there are at least 20 left. Of course delete them from your cart when you are done checking or you may freak out people trying to order.

10. The order gets cancelled automatically after a week (at least it was the case with mine), but if asked they may grant you extra time. My CC-company lost somehow the money I sent to my card, so it took longer for me to make the payment.

11. Ughhhhh! This boy is so delicious, I only wish I had a use for him. ;_; I'll just have to live vicariously through those who do order him.

12. Actually i would really like to own a Cass -Abyss Rhapsody and a Eliv - Sweet Meoldy. Cass is so pretty and her fins and body blusing are so unique

13. Wow, down to 18! Looks like there are a few people who already appreciate Soom's order numbers went above 50 this time. ;)

.hlp

14. Chrom looks so great in WS. As much as I love him I really shouldn't.
      I'll be looking forward to pictures from those who get him though! ^^

15. Ohh, I was so afraid they would release him in ws, and now they have! He looks really lovely ... but I already have a firelord at home. It's an odd feeling seeing him re-released.

16. Snagged him! :)

I'm really not that keen on the promo pics as he's just kind of... standing there and I had to remind myself quickly of why Chrom is so lovely (courtesy of the Soom doll's group on Flickr). Think I'll be attempting a more mature face up for him...:sweat

17. Congratulations! I usually feel that I'd love a male Chrom because there's just something so very special about that sculpt, but every time I look at my girl version I go off the notion. It's almost like there's only room for one Chrom in this house. However, I'm still not ruling it out in the future. He's one of my favourite male dolls.

18. I'd love to have him in natural skin though T_T

19. Mirren - Thanks! :)
      I can see what you mean, Chrom is special, I think because his looks aren't (for want of a better way to put it...) standard. He has a more distinct face that couldn't be mistaken for any other. When the MD Chrom came out, it took me a while to fall for him and then when I did he was gone or unaffordable so I feel very lucky to have this second chance.
      I'm not sure yet if he will be friend of foe of Bazael though...I'll have to work on developing a relationship of sorts between them! ;)