1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Gem Order Chance: Special Order - Speculation & Discussion Thread Part II

May 4, 2011

1. Sorry a noob question.... How do you guys know if your order got through? ._. Do they do custom faceup too?

2. Galileo - First thing I would do is to check my account/order status and see what it says there. I would think you should be alright if you've already checked out as he's not sold out yet. :)

If you made your first payment via PayPal, then you should have got an approval number for your payment. I always keep a printed copy of this and the layaway schedule page showing the payment dates.

edit note: I think they used to do custom face up request, but maybe someone else can answer that for you. It's always worth asking them on the Q&A board and they typically answer within 2 days.^^

3. Sorry, me again...

Galileo - Check out their FAQ section, #12 tells you how to go about a custom face up order. Hope this helps :)

4. Thanks gelfling9uk, I saw an order number so I assume it went through. I guess I'm lucky. It was only by chance that I saw DOA news section 1 hour plus ago (I haven't checked it in days) and knew he was re-released (he's on my wishlist xD). I havent paid yet as I wanted to ask for custom faceup but I didnt see any option to add custom faceup in the faceup section. I was afraid I might be late to pay if they take too long to reply. >_<

I do still want him in NS though, but I'm pretty sure I can still find a character for him. He's just too gorgeous to pass up! (talk about on-the-spur purchase -.-)

5. Galileo - Congratulations! :) I've been completely without a bjd for over 6 months now and was trying to extricate myself away from the hobby due to constant frustration at seeing all the lovely doll candy that I can't have (;)) and Bazael sucked me back right in and now the lovely Chrom will be mine to. I am very happy to still be here on the forum! :) I'll have to work on his character too, but I know that I love the sculpt for what it is anyway and can't wait to find out who he will become!

6. I got a Chrom as well. When I checked an hour ago, there were only 8 left. Tonight when I ordered him I checked as well, I had been curious and after 5minutes he was below the 30 left mark, so if he had been a SO as the others he would have been sold out as quickly as most of the others.

I had been quite nervous as he appeared that late, so he ordered him without looking at the pics ^^, well he is a Chrom and I know Chrom so this hadn't been any problem.

7. Congrats Ereskigal :celebrate- And to all others that got their boy too!

May I ask, how do you see how many are left?

8. Oh sure, there are 6 left now btw. You just add a number, like 10, to the cart, and if they go in, then there are 10 left to buy. Otherwise you get a 'quantity is insufficient' message. ;) I do this for most of the sites, it can be quite convenient! :D

.hlp

9. :lol::lol: That's a good bit of detective work - I never thought to do that!
      Seems like he could be sold out by the end of the day then...

10. I wonder whether them offering 80 dolls is going to be a regular things now, or just for those overly popular dolls?

11. I really hope they do the 80 for all of them... I was trying for a Heliot when they released him, but I was like a split second too slow *_*

12. Heliot was madness. Quickest sellout yet I think (3 minutes or less).

13. Vesuvia was faster wasn't she??
      *Still drooling over the Heliot she missed*

14. Congrats to everyone who's getting the handsome boy. XD I guess 80 is not enough... He will be sold out by tomorrow, it seems? Much luckier than poor Galena...

15. I thought Beryl was fastest, the first SO they released and no one knew if they'd ever do it again. I wonder if when they go through SO of every doll they will cycle back through them again? Or in another color? It'd be awesome to get three Cuprits, LOL :D

16. 8 Chrom left. I just checked. ^^

17. Oops, no mind - was just wondering about a waiting room and just found it the minute after posting here.:doh

18. Vesuvia was the fastest sell out, she was actually gone in under a minute, those of us that got her had to have lightning reflexes, by comparison, 3 minutes would feel like an eternity lol!

19. The longer this boy stays available, the more my trigger finger itches. ^^

Was Beryl faster than Amber?

20. Oh, congrats to all of you who managed to snag this boy! I got Chrom in NS back when he was released as an MD, and I've got to say he is absolutely amazing. He has a super-unique sculpt, and he can sport so many different kinds of looks that it's stupefying. I can't wait to see some WS Chroms around here!!