1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Gneiss- Birth of A Goddess

Mar 6, 2012

1. I got the staff and I did get it blushed but I know I will be making some changes to it! I'm not sure what they are yet but I know when it's in my hands it will be a fun project! I also think its prob sooms natural resin color and te ball is sprayed and yes to much in the promo pic! LOL!!

2. Thanks everyone for your comments. It's so funny you mention the promo pic thing because I also thought the red seemed to bleed from the ball in one pic, sort to speak. I think I will get it as it will be an interesting project.
      I know Fishcake and I have chatted about removal seems a little before but I never knew how expensive they are! Just saw Gneiss is $100 bucks. Anyone gotten removal seam and think it was or was not worth it? I think I'm going to do it myself as a bonding experience with Gneiss.
      I will finally be ordering her tonight, though shell be on a long layaway. Hopefully I can pay her quickly off, maybe when my tax return comes. Anyone start a waiting room yet? I'm dieing to see how many have been ordered.

3. I have never gotten the seam removal before because yes it is so expensive! All of the soom dolls I have they have not had bad seams! So I hope this is the case with genesis to :) I was wondering about the waiting room to! I think on here there are 8 of us now! ^_^

4. Mmmm, I'm with fishcake- I got her with faceup and the mobility joint, and that's it. Poor girl will be bald and naked for a while I fear.

5. I think marismg is right about how many of us there are..maybe this is the waiting room! ;) I found some fabric and some wig material--I'm going to try to make her a slightly wavy, coppery wig, though she may just want a blonde one once she gets here. If she comes painted like the promos, a reddish wig will be ok, but if she is more subtle/brown like the Posing model she might have to be blonde. If anyone gets her blank, I hope they try doing her with dark eyebrows and hair--I think that would look really cute!

6. Mmmm, my girl will have copper hair for a while, but brown or black when she's done. With lovely red lips.

7. Red lips and dark hair are always a great combination! Ugh, it will be hard to wait until June....

8. Oh!! I really like the coper wig idea!! And a darker color wig to! That's the one thing I'm not sure about yet is what color with want her hair to be!! Also I found this really cool tutorial here on DoA about making an easy. art nouveau dress that looks very Greek goddess to me if anyone is interested! I think it would be a lovely dress for geniss!

9. Im excited to see all the different ideas. Mines probably going to have blue hair and eyes. I got her outfit because Im a sucker for the limited outfits and it also fits my character but I am going to do her face up myself.

10. I got her outift to!! But I like to make this dress to for another option :) I think blue for her hair will be so pretty!! And there are hints of blue in the limited outfit!!

11. Hey guys. I started a waiting room for Gneiss so we can chat about all our plans since nobody had volunteered yet. This is my first time starting a waiting room:)

I'm Looking forward to seeing you guys there.
      here is the link