1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Gneiss- Birth of A Goddess

Mar 6, 2012

1. I went and looked at my Migma and I think that is the large bust option...oh boy. Maybe my first ever layaway.

2. That's definitely the large bust body :)

I wonder why her ordering period is so short! Maybe they are doing that on purpose to limit the number of orders that there are.

3. I'm in love~ What I love about this is that is very Medusa-ish but it could be any of her Gorgon sisters! I'm excited to see rest of her.

In case you're curious Medusa was a Gorgon and Gorgons were the children of ancient G-ds so Medusa (and her sisters) could be considered G-ds. Some of the first legends about the Gorgons, and Medusa, involved wings so it's really awesome that they gave her wings! Also the Gorgons are often refered to as very beautiful or very horrifing, it just depends on the story. In addition some stories give all the Gorgons snakes in their hair or no snakes mentioned at all! Medusa/Gorgons having a snake bottom I'm not really sure about but its rarely mentioned, I think it's more a recent addition to the Medusa legend.

The two most famous/most common legends about Medusa is that she was a beautiful woman who ... umm... did the naughty in Athena's temple and Athena got upset (understatement!) and cursed her to be ugly and to have snakes for hair. The other is that Perseus killed her, and on her death she gave birth to Pegagus! (Medusa is either a mortal from the start or part of the curse was to make her mortal)

sorry... I went through a Medusa phase and did tons of research...

4. She's definitely a big-bust girl. The regular bust girls don't have their breasts actually touching in the middle like that.

On a different note: I think I might need that face. And if she's a naga...... I am so dead.

5. I concur with the statements about too much stuff on her head, as well as the snakes looking more like crocodiles. However, I think her face is lovely! It's giving me a gentle, Cass-like vibe. I can't wait to see more of her! I wonder what her fantasy parts will be (if she has any). Perhaps they'll complete the snake look by giving her a naga body.

6. I like that idea!

7. Yay!! Big bust! It's so funny because the first thing I did when i saw the pic was lightened it. Lol glad to see I'm not the only one here who is impatient lol! I don't know what I think of the snakes and the face is pretty. I'm not sure if she will have any fantasy parts. I thought I remember SOOM saying the new line may or may not have fantasy parts depending on the doll. Hopefully she will though cause id love to see some new stuff! Even if I don't like her head, I most deft want to jump on the big boobie wagon lol! Then I'll have one for every color. This is very exciting!

8. I really like her! And I am digging the snakeXwing thing x'D
      I need to see more pictures of her to deside if she really is for me...
      But I guess I am all in for the dress and the fantasyparts x'D

And if she IS a nage then I am dead x'D Because then even my boyfriend can't stop me x'D (he has a thing for nagas too ;) )

9. Random note to add to reichiere's info-blast: 'gneiss' is indeed a type of rock, and it's pronounced 'nice.' It's identifiable by eye-shaped inclusions in the stone.

/geology nerd!

10. Would a snake bottom be even possible? It would be interested to see the joints on it and how they would get it to stand.

11. I've seen other companies do it (Impldoll did one tini with it)
      But if she's a naga, then I'm sold! O.o And I dont have the money to buy here, or the room for a big naga girl :S

12. I'm sure they could figure out a way to make a snake bottom if they put their engineers to work. I would be a bit nervous though, their large fantasy bodies tend to have a few bugs. Amphibel's wings being too heavy for the doll to stand, Epidos' tiny horse body, Migma's wings not actually fitting in her back, etc.

13. Translucent resin, very nice and ectoplasmic :) Must be the large bust too.

14. Serpents are classic wisdom symbols in many cultures, perhaps the best known being Mercury and his serpent staff, many shaman practices used the wisdom of snakes and their transformative properties, not to mention the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden. As a goddess being born, snakes are born again many times in their life times as they begin anew after sheading their skins.

Just from this photo I think she is going to be a wonderfully elegant, and very unique doll. Her styling shows the purity of her station as a goddess of birth as well as a goddess of wisdom. Her flowing golden locks and head piece are truly in the style of the old gods when there was never too much to beauty in one image. She will be a truly diving vision as we set out on another journey with Soom into their imaginative world of fantastic gods and magical beings alike.

15. oh no... im so broke... i cant afford another doll rightn ow... but shes so beautiful.... SOOM Y U DO DIS?

16. Britain, that is gneiss to know! Thanks! I'm hoping she at least comes with conventional feet like previous releases--I'l take snake feet but I'm not sure how a nice greek gown would drape over a snake tail..or how to prop her up. I'll need a terrarium :o

17. Second all of this. Soom seems to do OK when it's fantasy parts stuck on a human body (Chrom paws, Sard hooves, etc). But when it comes to dolls with actual fantasy bodies they fall short. Cass didn't even have a real mermaid's tail. However, Soom has also come a long way. They must have learned something from their rounds with Epidos. Perhaps, by now, they can pull off a naga body.

I'm still not holding my breath. ;)

18. Lovely she is, I hate being this broke....so many pretties coming out:...(

19. Anneke and Ostrich: talking about different fantasy bodies - Soom did pull off a fantasy body that works great lately. The wings on Arkose are quite perfect - they fit into the slots in the back, are light enough for him to stand with them on, and they are moveable in a very graceful way. So they can learn, and apply the learned to the new designs ^^ Still, a naga body would be a real experiment on such a big and heavy doll... So I can understand that you both are sceptical about that.

20. The teaser blew me away. Uhhh whoa. I don't think it's physically possible for my wallet to hurt enough. Wow.