1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian 51 Discussion

Mar 4, 2011

1. when looking at times you don't count ALL days.... only business days from your order to today

From and including: 2017년 1월 2일 월요일
      To and including: 2017년 4월 9일 일요일
      Excluding Weekends and public holidays
      in South Korea – Nationwide. Change Country
      Result: 67 days

depending on how long they say it taks for a doll (usually shown in business days) you could have a ways to go? I used an online date calculator that accounts for korea's holidays ^^

2. Somebody in the Soom waiting room thread said it was inclusive of weekends and holidays, which I thought was weird as they don't work everyday (at least I assume they get days off). I'd assumed that I likely wouldn't see him until sometime in mid/late May at the earliest. I'd hoped that being an Xmas kit, I'd get him sooner rather than later but.....

3. i can't say about SOOM specifically but the companies I've dealt with hav all listed time as 'business' days unless it notes it specifically... and business days would make more sense since ordering at differnt times of the year there can be a lot less 'work days'.... first 1/4 of the year is fairly bad for the number of 'off days' in Korea O_o.. In the iple waiting room we have links to the calculator's and holiday lists... I'm a bit anal about this lol...

4. Yes, when I initially counted the days, I didn't include weekend/holidays. I am not going to complain if he arrives sooner than I expected. It would be really awesome if he did come soon-ish as it would be awesome to be able to bring him to DN this year (and maybe be able to find him shoes there). I'm currently waiting on two full dolls and the body for a 3rd *sigh* although only 1 is from Soom.

5. It switched over to *before shipping* today.
      As long as he makes it here before 5/18 I will be happy :)
      I want to take him to convention, last year I took full size Gluino and my arm about fell off he was so heavy lol

6. I don't wish to disappoint you, but "before shipping" for Soom just means the order is fully paid.

7. Yes, my order (which was paid in full the day I ordered) has said before shipping since Jan. 2nd *sigh*.

8. 'before shipping' is essentially the same as saying "order in progress"...

9. And I just got an email in my inbox saying that my boy has shipped. Really excited about that. Tracking doesn't work yet so it likely hasn't been entered into the system yet. Hopefully, the evil Customs won't hold Rhas-Khan hostage for too long (or nail me for fees *fingers crossed*). Tomorrow (April 11th) would've been 100 days inclusive of weekends and holidays so I suppose they're on schedule.

10. Oh I know what it means :wiggle
      I usually do layaways so I have learned to be patient lol

11. Yep. Tracking now says that my package has departed the Seoul export office. I'm assuming a 2 days to at least get to Canada, where I think he'll enter the country in B.C. and spend however long in Customs there (hopefully he'll zip through and escape any fees). Then another couple of days to travel across the country to me in Ontario and finally to my door (or get a delivery notice to trot my way over to the post office, which is next door to the building I work in). He'll probably arrive in Canada just before the long weekend so I'm not anticipating seeing him until maybe mid-week next week.

12. I picked up Rhas-Khan today after work. He's just gorgeous. Stringing him was easier than anticipated although I needed to shave down the inside edges of his headback with an exacto knife in order for his brain to fit in his head. But he's all together now and wearing some temp clothes until I can make him some. he needs a face-up but that'll likely have to wait a month or so as I'd like to be able to take him to Doll North in May and don't want to rush the face-up artist.

[​IMG]

13. Congrats !! He's wonderful and really looks good in grey.
      I can't wait to get mine but he will be without a faceup for a bit while I decide on his look lol

14. He is very handsome! There is a front to the brain. There is a little F on the front.

15. Thanks. The grey is lovely and nicely feeds my addiction for that colour. I did see the little F on the brain and even with it facing the correct direction, it wouldn't go in. The surgery was fairly easy and, fortunately for me, I was confident enough to do it. His seams are fairly minor although there's a few places where they're a bit more than I like. I might see about shaving those down if they really bother me.

I can't wait to get him painted, but unfortunately I need to if I want to be able to bring him to Doll North. I'm pretty sure the face-up artist could do it in time, however, I'm also sending her another head to paint and do a minor ear mod and that sort of time frame is just not reasonable to ask of someone.

I was surprised at how thick his waist and broad his shoulders/chest are. The shirt he's wearing in the photo belongs to Kijika, a 58cm doll, and fits him perfectly. However, the belt that goes with it... can't close the snaps. I've also got some arm warmers/bracers and while I can get them over his forearms, they barely go up his upper arms. Comparatively speaking, he's quite the beefy little guy which is awesome.

16. They are beefy guys! I'm glad the surgery was easy! I've never had a problem getting the brain in! I am loving the grey! I may have to add a grey guy to the group when they offer one!

17. I'd never seen one in person before getting mine. When I first unwrapped his thighs from the bubble wrap, I had a moment to wonder if they'd actually sent me the wrong size Idelian *laughs*.

I think if he'd been assembled by Soom, they've have realized the issue and quickly corrected it without me being any the wiser. When I'd initially tried to get his brain in, the resin had creaked alarmingly and I was afraid of either breaking his skull by forcing it or not being able to get it out if it managed to go in.

I didn't have the chance to check his colour against Sleet (Soom Auber Storm Sprite in grey) last night as it was after 9pm by the time I was finished assembling him, finding him some temporary clothes and taking a dozen or so pics. If they're not the same grey, I'd think they're very close if anyone was curious. Sleet may have some mellowing since he's from the original 2011 release, but I'd be inclined to say not really since he spends most of his time in his box (as do all my dolls) when I'm not doing stuff with him as I totally lack display space and have Idiot Cat.

I have a serious addiction to grey resin (well, coloured resin if I'm being totally honest). Rhas-Khan makes 6 grey dolls in my collection. Additionally, I have 2 black dolls (I dyed, 1 black resin), 3 tan dolls, 3 green dolls, 1 blue doll, 1 purple doll and 1 red doll.

18. I just finished a coat to go with Cuba's kilt. Here he is as Jamie Fraser with FID Grace as Claire (from Outlander).
      [​IMG]IMG_3231 by Lorraine, on Flickr

19. Wow, the FID girl is a wonderful match for him!