1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian 51 Discussion

Mar 4, 2011

1. Hmmm, if the FID girl looks so nice with these boys, would an FID guy look equally as good? Anybody have pics available of an ID51 with an FID boy?

2. I don't have an Idealian51 human type, but I did take a picture of my FID guy with Hornblend centaur type.

[​IMG]

3. @sno4wy thank you!

And god damn it all to hell! That Iple boy looks great with the Soom guy. Why can I see myself trying to shoe-horn in an FID into my doll family? Why must the doll companies lure our wallets into destruction for more of the gorgeous? My only saving grace is that the order period is over, I've no idea who one of these gorgeous boys would be and I'm so very broke right now.

4. @AnitaS - Thank you!

@Iron_Dog - Here's another comparison with ID51 Cuba and an FID guy. This one is Leonard. Sorry if I seem to be stuck in the Highlands. I'm Outlander-obsessed.
      [​IMG]IMG_2663 by Lorraine, on Flickr

5. @vermont chick No apologies necessary. Men in skirts can look very good. They look darn fine together. I am soooo lucky the order periods are not coinciding with my having cash *laughs*.

6. Finally finished 2 outfits for Rhas-Khan today. I like one better than the other but I'm also still in the tweaking of patterns stage so....
      [​IMG]
      His pants are made from the sleeve of a top of mine that no longer fit me and his jacket is from a little scrap of velvet I had hanging around forever in my fabric bin.

Quick question of other ID51 owners, do any of you have issues with getting your guys arms to be positioned straight out parallel to the ground? I think its the weird shoulder piece that keeps me from being able to position his arms like that, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

7. The only way I can see to get the arms out parallel to the ground is to either flip the arm upside down (or one click from upside down) and straight(ish) out, or start with the arm out front and parallel (think "Stop! In the name of love!"), then move it to the side. Neither one is perfectly parallel, but better than the droopy arm you get from going from parallel to his sides, to parallel to the ground.
      And yup, it's that insert piece in the shoulder that keeps it from going out straight. You could probably restring him with that piece out, but then there would be other problems.

You know, I have a piece or two of red velvet lying around... oops, nope, I'm getting a death glare from my guy. I guess not. ~_^ My guy wouldn't look anywhere near as good as yours does. Love that wig!

8. That is a straight up weird way to design a joint then since the idea behind these dolls is their "human" posing. Last time I checked, I can hold my arms straight out parallel to the ground without needing to flip my arm upside down. I thought about taking the part out, but also figure it would likely lead to other issues.

The wig is a Monique Reeva in off-blackbrown. I love the look of it but it's sooooooo pouffy. I'm tempted to see if I can re-work the dread to be less thick individually but I also don't want to screw up the wig. I have 2 mohair wigs that I don't use and may see what happens with them if I try and dread them. If it works out okay, then I'll buy him another wig and give it a whirl. Or the dolly gods could totally love me and I'll find something perfect at Doll North in a few days. Hope spring eternal, right?

9. I hope you find the perfect wig! He really looks great with all those tendrils around his head.

iirc, the clicky arms and iffy posing was what kept me to only buying one of these guys. The big ones were fussy too, and I ended up selling all of mine. But my little London has stuck around. Because he's just so beoooooootiful!

10. I find I'l put up with a lot to get the look I want/need for a character. The arm thing is annoying, but I'll work around it. He stands solidly and he's a dead handsome fella so a lot of forgiveness happens *laughs*.

11. In case anyone needs oxfords for their boys, I got these from BJDivas on etsy and they are very nice and fit perfectly!
      [​IMG]
      This is the link for the shoes: Etsy - Sign In

#631 nancy_schroeder_ca, Sep 9, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    12. So... I ended up buying another ID51 *head desk*. I bought a London The Moor from Buff and I just love the way he's come together for me. He's got the default Soom wig, too, which I adore. He's wearing one of the outfits that I made for Rhas-Khan (ID51 Gluino) and basically claimed it as his, which is fine as Rhas-Khan wasn't really feeling the love for it.

This is Ondraeden, God of Fear & Nightmares. He's also wearing RS Yao horns in their dark tan, which worked out smashingly for his character.
      [​IMG]Ondraeden 1 by ID Locke, on Flickr

And that discussion up thread of the FID boys looking good next to the ID51 boys? Yeah, I'm dead as I believe I know who his partner is and he's one of the FID's *sigh*. But, that'll need to be a next year purchase.

13. @Iron_Dog - he looks so good! I have London, too. He's a handsome man. The horns are a perfect match.

:D :candycane

14. Aischylos (the RS Yao head on a Ming body) can't really wear his horns as his wig is waaaay too flouffy. Seriously, the magnets aren't strong enough to hold them securely through his wig. I was surprised at how well the horns work for Ondraeden. The scale is very good and the differences in colour between the resins are fairly minor (fully disclosure, the horns are blushed default from RS).

I was quite taken by this guy when I saw his sales post. He was not a planned purchase at all which is my standard MO when it comes to doll purchases. But I'm really glad I got him and I think his look suites the arrogant god that he is.

15. Wonder if someone here can help me! I’ve been visiting the English site for Soom idealian a lot in the past few years and everything always says “sold out”. Is there an ordering schedule or a specific date when they release? I love their look, and someday I’d like to buy one, but everything I see is sold out... help much appreciated!

16. I don't think they have a schedule. It seems to be one of those things where you need to really stalk the site and pounce when they do throw something up (if it catches your fancy, of course). I believe the last released Idealian was a 70/75cm boy and I want to say that was fairly recently, maybe a few months ago.

It is entirely possible to buy these guys in the MP although they only seem to pop up infrequently there. I bought my Gluino direct from Soom as the Xmas kit 2 years ago and I snapped up my London the Moor from the MP last year. There is currently an ID51 for sale in the MP....

17. Ah, I see. I’ll have to stalk more closely. I really like the aesthetic so I’m sure I’ll get one sooner or later!

Your Ondraeden is really cool, btw!

18. Thank you. Ondraeden was the MP purchase and I was pleased as punch to be able to get him. I have a real thing for coloured resin (especially grey for some reason) and the Soom ebony is lovely. Possibly if the one in the MP wasn't priced as high as he is, I'd be very tempted to get him to add Soom tawny resin to my collection of grey, ebony & green Soom guys.

That pained squealing you hear is my wallet protesting the very thought of yet another doll purchase right now.

19. Soom has done really well with posting idealian teasers to Instagram if you want to follow them there too

20. And there is usually discussion on one of the threads here on DOA also.