1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian 51 Discussion

Mar 4, 2011

1. It's easy to miss them. I love the latest one. Sherlock. but, 75cm! good grief.

2. I'm still a bit bummed that I missed the Damphir when he was offered as an ID51 due to lack of funds.

3. Has anyone seen the new Zak? I've been waiting for Soom to finally release a new idealian 51 but I don't really like this one's sculpt.

4. He's nice enough. military conqueror stuff not my thing. I'm not in love with the 51 body. If it's the same as my London, I can live without another one.
      wish I could buy just the overcoat. my guy could use that. :daisy

5. Zak is kind of okay but I'm not in love. I don't like how they painted his mouth--too much brown between the lips. I know I could buy him blank and paint him myself, but I'm getting tired of having to do that with dolls I almost like, and sending the head to an artist is cost prohibitive. Several of my guys (51 Cuba, FID, Raccoon) could wear the overcoat, but I don't do military so the rest of the outfit would have to go. Not worth the hassle of either splitting an order or else selling unwanted parts after receipt.

6. You have good points! I think you have talked me out of Zak.

7. I don't like his theme or faceup either. I'll be waiting for the next one and see how it is. I just want one, haha.

@petiteballerine - What don't you like about the body?

8. Something about him just isn't doing it for me, which I'm glad about. Well, my wallet likes that A LOT.

I like the ID51 body for the most part except for the weird shoulder... peg thing that prohibits you from extending the arm straight out to the sides of the body. Fine, you wouldn't really stand that way in real life for the most part, but it bugs me to know I can't make my ID51 guys do it. I love how buffed they are but I'm partial to that aesthetic so.....

9. Thanks for that info. Would you be able to show me a picture of this peg thing please? I really like how buffed they are as well, but I do care about the mechanics as well.

10. I like the muscular body, but the engineering seems too basic to me. They've never (that I know) updated this body. His (tan London) chest joint does nothing. it should let him bend a bit (slouch) so he can sit more realistically. an extra thigh joint would be nice, too. But, he's so darn handsome, I forgive him. ;)

11. Thanks for this info too.

12. The peg thing is internal at the shoulder ball. I can't take a shot of it by myself as I need both hands to pull the arm out of joint (and keep it out of joint) to expose the peg and at least 1 hand to operate the camera.

They aren't the most natural of posers an do tend to a little stiffness but I really like the look of the body sculpt. They can still photograph VERY nicely if you're a bit patient and creative with camera angles. This is Ondraeden, Elder God of Fear & Nightmares. He's a London the Moor wearing a pair of RS Yao horns in dark tan.
      [​IMG]Ondraeden 1 by ID Locke, on Flickr

13. @Iron_Dog - Thanks for the further detail. I remember this guy. Ondraeden is so cool. Would you say his right arm in this photo is max raise height? I really like the body sculpting too. I think I wouldn't mind getting at least one idealian 51 for gallery at the least.

14. No, his arm can go higher than that. It was more a shot to show the body sculpting than arm posing. I can take some pics tomorrow if you like. I was about to head to bed when I saw the notice as it's nearing 1am in my corner of the world and 7am is going to hit me wicked fast. I don't think I've posted any of Rhas-Khan (Gluino romantic head) here either so I'll throw him in, too. Rhas-Khan is the God of the Abyss.

15. I thought the ID51 had single jointed knees. Did they change that?

16. London in the dark resin is one of my favorite releases, love seeing him posted.

17. I was super lucky to be able to snag him 2nd hand. I have an absolutely deadly weakness for coloured resin (grey and black in particular). I have several tan boys from several different companies. I was pleasantly surprised at how close a match the Soom dark tan from the London release is to the RS dark tan from several years ago.

18. Thank you. I definitely would like to see more photos of both your guys.

19. Here's Rhas-Khan, God of the Abyss. He's a Gluino with the romantic head. He was from the Xmas kit last year.
      [​IMG]Rhas-Khan, God of the Abyss by ID Locke, on Flickr
      That is the max positions straight out to the side for his arms. They will not go into a direct 90 degree angle from his body due to the peg sort of thing in the shoulder ball.

[​IMG]Soom ID51 shoulder joint by ID Locke, on Flickr
      This is the weird peg sort of thing in the shoulder joint. I suppose you could leave the peg thing off when you string him but I'm not sure how well/poorly that would work with regards to posing and such.

20. @Iron_Dog - Thanks a lot for these photos. They are very useful. Rhas-Khan looks really cool.