1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian 72cm - Galway the Fortunate!

Jul 13, 2011

1. If he is 72cm, then I'll get the outfit for my Hyperon, I am really picky on what I want him to wear, and he does not seem to happy with me at the moment.

2. I'm following Idealian pretty intently, waiting for the perfect 50cm to be realeased.....

and this is definitly not him. He probably is 72cm, and he doesn't have anything remotely fantasy about him.

Soom! Make Hyperon or Gulino in 50cm form!!!!

3. He look a lot like Branon, and i agree with those whom see Branon and Hyperon in him, i'm not too keen about his manga/aged costume, i'd rather prefer something more classic, so far none of the ID costume really get me, this one make no exception.
      Surely he'll be the same Branon skin tone, so not for me, honestly i'm expecting something more different than a sculpt that resembling to Branon....

4. From this first teaser i think he's an odd crossroard/mix between Branon (lip+ jaw) and Hyperpon (shape of the eyes).I don't like him so far,maybe i will change mind when i see in full the promo piccies.I cannot' afford him,but honestly i don't like him.
      I'm a bit disappointed to see this boyish face sculpt on an hunk muscular body,definitely from the ID72 line i'm expecting something more manly and definitely more realistic.

5. As he's relatively normal looking and no fantasy/costume parts seem to be apparent AND that he is SO, I'd place a tentative bet on his being ID51...which would be strange as haven't the last three now been ID51: London, London The Moor, Danube and now maybe this guy?:?

...something about his eyes make me think he's a smaller sculpt too...!

edit note: just seen the one pic on his sales page (the head shot one) and think he looks a little sweeter than my first impressions of him! ^^

6. I honestly doon't like him particularry,but i'm not keen even with the costume,this is good for me,as without money i cann't afford him anyway even if i would liked him,so better for me XD

Victoria said,as some reported, that the next ID would been an ID71..actually i don't know..but i suppose that it's from the ID71line.

7. $abbatha - Yes, you are right - I remember they did promise us a big guy in the summer, so I hope this is him as it will mean my money is safe for a while longer...:)

My inital reaction was....:sigh
      then.... :|
      I wonder which emoticon I will use for tomorrow! ;)

8. I've really like the outfits that Soom has come out with. Unfortunately none of my dolls could fit them.

9. You made my day!! XD
      Please keep me posted about your tommorow emoticons <3

10. I'm sorry really for you, but for me, if i look in a positive way , as i don't like actually nor him, nor the costume, i'm safe, a relief for my wallet LOL

11. oh, crud.

I am so screwed.

I am completely smitten with this guy. I already own Branon, and to me this guy doesn't look much like him, apart from the realism of his features. But I love realism.

Honestly, I'd want this guy even if he doesn't come in tan.

Now I need to start working on dear husband. He's going to take a lot of convincing, as this will be my fourth ID.

Yes, but London wasn't a 72, and he was also offered as an SE. But I think you're right, anyway-- this guy must be a 72

12. Oh well if you seriously like him try to get him.
      I'm still conviced that he reminds me a lot Branon and Hyperon,but i must see at least the promo piccies,this won't change the fact that i'm broken..so better for me if i will not like him anyway XD

13. To be honest, I wish I felt the same way! I was hoping I wouldn't like this guy.

14. I loved Hyperon's nose - it was one of the few by Soom that had a definite refined shape to it... And he had smaller, lidded eyes that made him look more mature. Galway's eye shape just don't make sense to me. Like, at all. At least in the promo, they look like hyper-exaggerated super-wide old 80's manga eyes on an otherwise realistic face. Like I said, I love the mouth and the jaw, but they just don't belong with everything else on the face.

Well, I suppose it's quite fine, I only need one perfect Idealian, and I have no funds for him right now anyways so this all sits very well with me. (Except maybe not being able to afford the outfit, as it IS quite nice)

"Galway the Fortunate" - doesn't that sound like the "rich guy" from the ID51 theme? I wonder if they intend to switch to their ID51 theme and just start releasing Idealians as SE's?

15. Looking at him a second time he's remind me a bit Sabik too, something in the jawl....

16. Saku if you really like him try to find the way to afford him,it's better to buy than have regrets in future,as happened to me with Branon.

I agree with you,i've said already that basing on teasear this guy isn't in my lap,so at very least i should be happy no to like him that much.
      I agree on the theme too,seems that soom is switching the ID51 theme also on ID71 line.

GOSH!!!You're right!!!The lips expecially!

17. I kinda like this guy, even with his weird eye shape. (though admittedly not my very favourite)
      I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of him though.

18. :) Then good Luck on getting him home. As for me, I see a lot of potentional in him and WOULD kinda love to mess with him face-up like. But then I am already on 4 IDs plus lots of dolls that where in limbo for a long time seem to come in at last, so I will let that one pass.
      But hey, wanna definitely see, what you do with him! <3

19. I will surely do that! :lol:

Lelite - 'Galway's eye shape just don't make sense to me. Like, at all. At least in the promo, they look like hyper-exaggerated super-wide old 80's manga eyes on an otherwise realistic face.' This is hitting the nail right on the head for me - when you said that it was like a Eureka moment! :) I've just grabbed my editions of the Tactics series off my shelf and those eyes remind me of Haruka (if anyone knows him...:sweat). Though Tactics is much later than the 80's, I think the animation is slightly retro in style.^^

[​IMG] [​IMG]

See the rectangle eyes! ;)

20. I see good point dear, thanks for sharing!