1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian: Hyperon - Dhampir

Dec 20, 2010

1. WOW he's gorgeous...but I am still recouperating from lugging Mordechai around (Gluino) He is RATHER LARGE everyone! and heavy...but gorgeous...gah. I said I wouldn't buy another Idealian just b/c of that...and I am waivering.............

:crushed Why oh why did soom do this???

2. yeah Little_Fox_Lady and sis...i too said i'd never buy another one, but look at him! :crushed me too!

3. 6 months is doable :D but that means I have to wait for him that long *sigh* I will go nuts... Maybe when they release more photos of him I won't like him???

4. I am also a huge Vampire Hunter D fan and this Idealian is gorgeous, but one (Gluino) is enough for me. But I am kind of disappointed that his outfit looks so much like D's, I do wish that Soom made him look a little more original.

5. I don't know that he's precisely like D, I mean the homage is there, but it's not 100% like Grell was, for example. Plus, like with Onyx being based on a video game character, for all we know this is something that's been signed-off on. In any case, I'll need to see what his other hand's like before I get my scoldy finger out--because dammit, I want him! T T

.hlp

6. is funny how everyone condemned the grell lookalike doll, and yet are almost willing to let this D-rip off slip because it's so gorgeous and SOOM XD

7. Eep! Baakay, I'm already afraid they'll yank him! No raining on the D parade! (I hope!) You're dead on right, just like $abbatha was about this. I'm just tenderly pillowing my blonde head in mounds of comfy, kitteny-soft denial, that's all. No! It wasn't intentional! No! He won't get yanked! (Oh please-oh please! <crosses fingers>)

8. If this had been "signed off on" I'd have heard about it. The translator for the novels, who is a personal friend of Hideyuki Kikuchi, is on a Yahoo ML and had this been authorized he certainly would have reported it to the list. Why is it okay for some companies to make an "homage" to a character but not others? None of the others people objected to were "precisely like" the characters either. As far as I know, the Grell resemblance was all in the face up (the teeth weren't sculpted). Edward et al really didn't look like the characters if you looked past the face upped resemblance.

9. Yes. I am terrified of the rest of the pictures. I'm hoping he'll be nasty from the chest down or something, like part Yeti. Somebody throw me a rope! Throw my bank balance a rope!

10. Soom is like a dolly demi-god. I half believe they have some kind of deal (as per Onyx -- wasn't she from a video game), and I haven't even read their Q&A or anything.

11. You are so right! Seems like the rules are a bit different for Soom?

He's lovely but I just sighed in huge relief. I was afraid he would be tan. I'm safe, thankfully

12. Of course. ;)

Had this been authorized in any way shape or form, the author would have reported it and certainly Digital Manga Publishing would be advertising it (since they have the NA rights to the novels/manga/merchandising/figures/etc.).

13. Soom apparently chose to ignore my plea to make the last Idealian ugly. :|

He is quite striking and unusual. I am only familiar with Vampire Hunter D from looking at the artwork on the covers. The look is pretty similar. I hope not so similar as to cause complaint because he is gorgeous and I would at least like to see more of him.

14. They are horrible that way!

I am sooooooo glad he's not tan. Still pining over Pangen, the IDealian that got away...

15. Soom is so bullheaded! Dang those Soom artists and their bishonen sensibilities! <sighs> I want to see more of him, but about the same way I want to see someone rifling through my pocketbook and taking out my money for me: 'Here we are! You weren't using this for anything, were you?'

Oh, and Happy Holidays, Siriusstar! :hollyberry :D

16. He just like the vampire hunter D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Soom why, you KNEW I was saving for something else. WHY?! But yeah he does resemble Vampire Hunter D, and I'm only familiar with him through the cover art as well. But that face...:drool

18. I'm torn ^^ I love his face.. but I have/will have 2 Idealians at home... and they are really big guys ^^;. But I love their bodies to death, so much detail and more natural than the mega gem body. Want to see more pictures before I decide to dive in another long layaway... -_-.

What I really like actually is, that he's normal skin! Finally something else than cream white.

19. Ugh, am I the only person having trouble accessing the Soom sites?

20. He looks gorgeous, but I'm hoping he won't be too gorgeous lol. I really should just stop checking Soom's site for the next six months to save myself the trouble >.<