1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian: Hyperon - Dhampir

Dec 20, 2010

1. Yes I have his lover already home :).. oh well just his head (an IOS Sezz). Have to buy him a body in the next few months. He will be a bit smaller than Hyperon but that's intended. Am also curious how they will look together.

:) Hyperowned.. nice word. I have to say since Gluino this line has really booked me. Today i'm gonna pick up my Gluinos Lover from the post office, an Idealian Photon :sweat. Soomed happens.
      I always wanted one of their MDs or re-releases but in way I was always out of money when they came out. But when there's a new Idealian I DO have money. Strange! :|

~Nightweaver

2. wow simply awesome!It's stunning!

3. As for the eyes... I think it doesn't matter really from what company you will pick them. They take normaly 14mm (16mm is already to big for them). Smaller than 14mm I haven't yet tried out. I currently use 14mm glass eyes from dollmore. Don't worry to much about the Idealians eye-setting-mechanism. It might fit with their soom silicon eyes but if you use any other eyes you can also fit the eyes in the good old way (bluetack, kneading eraser, eyeputty).

4. what a great couch animemom!

5. animemom- Sweet couch for your guy, I think I will have to find something like that for mine to sit in. Or he could just lay on my bed naked like he is waiting for me. Nah that sounds too disturbing.........I'll put him on the doll bench instead.

6. Thanks for info on eyes as time gets closer will start looking.
      Glad you all like the couch, they can sit with feet just reaching edge so far no one I have ever bought has sat on it like it weas made for them. Even a Spinel sat with legs sticking up.

7. Oh! I was Baaaadddddd!!!!!! I just ordered him!

8. congrats nancy_schroeder_ca! he's a one smexy dhampir! ;) irresistible.

9. Gluino is getting lonely! I only got the human Gluino, so I think they can be friends!

10. yeah our gluinos are plotting to make the dhampirs vampires....naughty boyz!

11. Even though we keep telling them they are going to be elves not dhampirs...but they aren't listening...

12. *snort* yep, think elves! even the dhampirs say think dhampirs...eek.

13. Mine will just be a sexy vampire like person, just hope he decides not to take a bite out of me or anyone else while we sleep at night.

14. No idea at all about the character of my Hyperon ^^"

15. Not sure if this has been posted before, but I looked up the meaning of Hyperon... and it looks like someone at Soom loves particle physics. All except Pangen are named after a real or theorized particle that makes up matter. And Pangen refers to a really old biology idea that there were particles that controlled heredity (later that term turned into the word gene).

So maybe the next guy (if there is one) will be named Tachyon or Fermion or Lepton or Axion or similar.

I am already dreaming up the first outfit I'm gonna sew for this guy! My husband says he should be an elf, but I'm thinking maybe he should be a dead sexy scientist. (and yes, they do exist. Although they are a rare species.)

16. I know one! Well, a she, but I know one! I keep threatening to make her a doll of herself to send her. Face-wise, she's a dead ringer for Elfdoll's default Vivien. The body is a big 'no', though, or I would have already.

17. My hubby's one, too. When we were in grad school the secretaries in our building called into a local radio station that was asking people to name the "ooh babies" they worked with. To his credit, he didn't get a swelled head about it.

You should make her that doll. That would be too funny.

I don't like those elfdoll boobs. They really bug me. And I'm saying this with my "glamorous" bust dollmore Leah Cox looking at me. At least hers aren't supposed to be real. EID woman has the most realistic body, IMO. Maybe you could hybridize that body with Vivien's head?

18. I'm thinking the Supia body, since I feel the same about the elfdoll one. It's very close to her build. I sent her the link to Vivien and she nearly had a heart attack. I told her if she doesn't like it for herself, she can give it to her (teenage and very careful) daughter to take to college to be a visual representation of Mom Who Will Yell if she does anything stupid. ;)

I do like the scientific theme mixed with the fantasy elements, though. Sometimes I get the feeling that Soom hired a bunch of frustrated game/RPG designers for their staff -- which I LOVE about them. :) I love their giant character sheets and their awesome mythologies and the fact that they come up with these fantastic mythic worlds for their creations. Since a lot of us as doll owners do the same, in a way, it feels like they get that part of why some of us buy our dolls in a way that's a bit bigger than 'this individual doll has a story' or 'this small group of releases all at once has a mini-theme' which seems to be a little more standard.

19. I'm not finished working out all the quirks in his charachter but he will remain human/vampire and his name will be Ivor.