1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian: York - Time Voyager

Mar 2, 2011

1. *sigh* after these pics of fairy house I regret even more that I've ordered Ender. Because I like Yorks face better.....

2. Thanks a lot for the comparative photos and York's profile pics! His profile makes me admire. In spite of many similiar features they have and watching more pics I start to think that I need them both. I mean Ender and York. O my... I'm not sure I'm saved from buying York. Oh, no ... *_*
      *Doubt*

3. Ugh! The temptation! I wanted Shoshon....didn't get him...I wanted Ender...didn't get him...(I didn't want a Mega Gem size) but York is close to them and an Idealian :chocoberry.....I'm so tempted....
      Thanks for the comparative photos...;)

4. Luluna think about it, as if you like York it's better for you to don't loose that chance!Just my tow!

5. $avage: Oh I'm ordering him...you gave me the nudge I needed.;)

6. I'm super happy for you, if you likes that much you cannot quit, i mean we well know that every Id is a one-off, and i really don't wish to you to regret him as i've done with Branon...
      you'll going to order him NS or Bronze?<3

7. Yes, I see what you mean. Brandon is super rare it seems. I think I'll get him in the NS and also order that reddish wig. I like the idea of a red headed pirate. LOL.

8. very very good i like that idea of readhead pirate,
      oh Branon is gone, too silly to didn't ask soom some extra pics withput face-up, but now i have Photon and i like him as well <3

9. I like that my Photon will be very different from York. (I was hoping to have Photon at home before I ordered another Idealian.:doh) But you can't tell what Soom will offer next. Hopefully lots of girls...;)

10. we'll never sure with Soom, why not some ID lady line?Would be great!:)

11. That's an interesting idea!
      It seems like they make more men dolls than the females. Or at least lately they have been doing so.

12. WooW, Soom was really generous with additional pictures! I adore his blank face, just perfect for what I planned, and the 14mm is also a good eyesize for him. Now the profile pic threw me for a loop (lovely nose...but where is his forehead?! o.O ), but the more I look at him, the more I know that I'll get him.

Now I'll just have to raise the funds...Iplehouse and Soom really did it for me this time. Why did they have to release two boys I can't let go by at the same time?! Normally I'm pretty resistant to limiteds (especially fullsets...)

I want my Pork...(every time I see that font, I read Pork instead of York...:sweat)

13. haha Pork is simply awesome as name smaug LOL ;)

14. Guh, why do I have to be broke every time Soom releases something so gorgeous. :aeyepop: I think they do it on purpose. :|

15. Excuse me for a little silly question. I wonder is it possible that a new ID will be in May in tan again?
      I just can't make my decision about York because Soom have given us the third tan guy already in such a short period of time *_* and I won't be able to afford the forth one. :( I have to decide about ordering York or wait for a new ID in May.

16. SAME HERE xD And some people see it as Dork.

I think Ima just start referring to him as 'my Pork' :B

It's anyone's guess.

Personally, that's one of the many reasons I got Shoshon. I was all "wow a tan guy, they hardly ever make these! I should get him since it will probably be a long time before we see another"

And then it was like... Two Seconds Later: surprise! Ender! >_>

My first instinct, though, would be to say the next guy will be WS or NS, because FOUR tan guys in a row just seems like it would really be pushing it.

But then again... it's Soom. They seem to exist for the only purpose of laying waste to budgets around the world, and if they actually follow some logical pattern or plan in their releases, it is not evident to my mere mortal mind.

17. If Soom really follows a pattern I would say the next Idealian is again WS. But this is just a guess. They made Branon- don't know how they called his skin, but had been darker than NS and Pangan in bronze skin. The next two were Gluino & Photon both white skin, and then now Hyperon and York NS & TS. If they stay two this two matching color scheme, the next ID should be WS. But like it's said, this is all a guess, maybe it's just coincidence that they had released these 6 Idealians that way.

I've asked Victoria to release more white skin boys last month ;), because they are really rare with Soom and I'd prefer WS, and I heard from many friends that they are waiting for ws boys too. And she answered that she would let the development team know about that. After what I heard about some suggestions like this, Soom take care about them. Maybe they will stop the NS/TS run they had for months and start releasing again some ws-boys. I hope it.

But you know Soom, they are always good for a surprise. So if you want to be sure and you really want a tan skin Idealian, maybe you should better buy York, or ask Victoria about this. Guess she will give you no real answer, but maybe not. It's worth a try and it's still time before his order period is ending.

18. JanJan - Yep, I agree with Ereskigal and kaourika. I'm thinking the next ID will be WS or NS... (Although as they also both pointed out, Soom has surprised us before.) It's gonna come down to just how much you like York. There may not be a tanned boy in May, but there will almost certainly be other tanned boys down the line. York won't stick around, however, so it all comes down to how much you like his sculpt. :) Good luck with your decision!

19. I don't think there's any deliberate pattern to Soom's choice of skin color-- it seems to be dictated by sales and what people are asking for. The first two IDs were "tawny" and "bronze", respectively, but they didn't sell well. IMO it had nothing to do with their skin color: rather, people adopted a "wait and see" attitude about the new line. Soom's response, however, was to make the next two dolls white skin-- which tends to sell well for them. And sales increased.

I do know that some of us have been asking for tan skin. Perhaps that accounts for Shoshon, Ender and York all having the choice of NS or some shade of tan.

20. personally i agree with you sakuraharu, i guess that soom chance skin options simply as they try to fullfill the taste of their customers....but they haven't any pattern, i'm curious toward anti-idealian ;)