1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian: York - Time Voyager

Mar 2, 2011

1. Dooooooomed...

Can't wait to see the rest of him...my wallet can though.

2. Wow! I wonder what the rest of him looks like. His lips remind me of Ender.

3. :...(nononononononononononoNO! *starts slamming head on desk* Tax time is here and this isn't fair!!:...( He's , he's TAN? And that mouth? :...( Why am I so broke??? (Looks at doll list) Nevermind. He looks fab. Why the heck can't they just produce some ugly dolls for a change and stop me from wanting so much???

4. Steampunk Pirate! :D Lush! Oh I cannot wait to see more info on him! I hope I hate him, because it'll be a disaster otherwise! xD ~xoxo

5. I have stayed away from tan dolls, I just don't really have any characters that are tan.....I even ordered Ender in NS. But an IDealian? I don't know if I could resist...it would be cool just to have one in every skintone right????? ;)

6. Hmm. I've been stalking Soom for a bit thinking, yeah, I could see getting one one day. "One day" hopefully like, next year. I don't even wanna think about the doll. I don't have any more blood for the resin gods right now. However, do they sell the outfits seperately (desperately crossing her fingers)? Ironically, the EID Arvid I just sacrificed my tax refund for has been begging for a pirate outfit....

7. You would probably have to find a split. I love SOOM and the Idealians, but they really aren't supporting them very well in the clothes department. Thank goodness they can share with the Superhero EID's.

8. lol they knew that! Seriously. XD

Well, I had to pass on Shoshon *cries* AND Hyperon *cries*
      AND Ender *sobs*....if I love this guy and can't get him I'll be
      done for. But such is dolly life. If they released a bi-weekly outfit
      I'd be ruined, but could probably add that onto my Taco order.

For those that have past ID's....how bad are the seams in general??

edit: sadly they don't sell the LE outfits separate from the doll order
      Azha Nei but perhaps you could open a split for it. I'm guessing
      very few will want to part with the outfit though.
      And congrats on your Arvid, oddly enough I would have died for HIS
      outfit but figured those chances were very unlikely too.
      I understand why they don't but I really wish IH and Soom would sell
      their LE outfits alone.:(

9. The seams of my Gluino are nearly invisible. After what I heard it's common with Idealians to have only small seam lines. Photon isn't here yet to compare. But the Idealians are gorgeous in every detail. I'm still crying about not getting Hyperon. I had been too unsure about another decision, which forced me not to buy Hyperon. If I had been sure about everything earlier I would have bought Hyperon- even without having no character for him. But he had been so gorgeous. Well next time...I'm really curious about York.

10. For those of you who have other Idealians, how hard are they to buy clothes for?

11. Well you can buy clothes from Iplehouse for their EIDs superhero.. They fit very well as do the shoes.
      As for the seams.. can't remember the ones on Gluino but I do remember those on Photon. Let's say the ones on the torso and arms, hands were nearly not noticeable but the ones on his legs I found pretty bad. But well most will have trousers to cover those. I sanded mine but yeah.. have to say that mine is often naked ^^ I find their bodies too gorgeous to be packed away in clothes all the time.

12. Yes, they do offer 6 month layaway - I am the living proof! :D Damn, I was really hoping they would slow down with the ID rollout. If "Dork" (York) is anything similar to Branon, I am seriously going to be ticked off :( I don't think I can afford two of these per year *sigh*
      I might have to sign up for a split to get some of his clothes :sweat

13. They used to offer it, but they don't anymore. ;_;

Shoshon was the last doll I was able to get 6 months for.

However, they do still offer 5 month, and of course, the standard 4 month.

14. Actually, it depends on the individual. Soom has been known to make deals for people who have multiple dolls on layaway.

edited to add:

sephydoll, don't you have a six month layaway on Hyperon, who came out after Shoshon? That's what I recall from the waiting room, anyway.

When it comes to Soom, never say never...

15. Well soom btw offer a comfortable layaway in the end,it's longer than other companies offer,iplehouse don't offer layaway on special sale and on custom order,and 5 months layaway in the end it's very comfortable.

It's individual for sure,soom refused to my twin sister $avage a 5 months layaway for Photon,even if she ordered almost fullset,but agreed immediately with me for a 5 months layaway for a basic Hyperon...i wondered why since she told me that several times she changed the layaway plan for coquina,while i didn't with beryl SO.

16. i can confirm that soom may vary the layaway plans individually i had an hard time with my Photon layaway, i don't know really why.....
      I hope that everyone that likes this new ID could afford him, IMO he could have the same resins tone as Branon...

17. I love how we're already discussing layaway and we haven't even seen his face yet... XDDD
      WE ALL ALREADY KNOW WE'RE SOOMED. :l

Wow, $avage and $abbatha, that is really weird. @.@

sakuraharu, Hyperon was apparently the last big doll they offered 6 months for. All I know was, someone tried to get 6 months for Ender, and Soom basically said, "no, sorry, we just discontinued that option last week," and then a few other Ender buyers confirmed it. :C

18. I can confirm the individual way of handling layaway with Soom. I never have any problems about longer layaways, as I have several layaways with Soom at the moment. But I heard of people who didn't get a 5-6 month layaway as easy as myself. Guess it depends on how well they know you, if you have completed several layaways in time or not, cancelled orders maybe as well, and maybe even on how you ask them about it. I'd say try out and ask them about everything, at least you know you can get a 4 month layaway for sure.
      In the end Soom is a business and I guess they prefer one more doll sold than one less due to a lack of layaway possibilities.

19. This is so true.

But again, Soom is always making exceptions for individual buyers. Hence, the "never say never" statement.

20. Hey, I have good layaway track record with another company. They take references? LOL

Actually, lyn_r, I knew of at least a couple of folks who just wanted the Arvid doll in RS and not the outfit. So there's hope. Maybe. Need to check my status and see if I'm allowed to do a split. If nothing else, my finances will be spared to fight another day and I stick with Plan A, which was to get a custom outfit made by Brian Earl at some future point. Which reminds me of the clothing question. If folks are interested in the custom route, Brian does custom clothes out of Australia. His forte is historcal clothing, but he can do whatever. He's done work for EIDs before, so sewing for ID wouldn't be a stretch. Dreux Priore does custom work as well out of W VA. Check the "Place Order" tab for info.