1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian51 Danube "Blue Eyed Lover" Discussion

May 20, 2011

1. Okay, between Aloa/Sov and this guy, Soom is officially confusing the hell outta me. :l

"Special Order" apparently now means a different thing to them than it used to *_*

So if THIS is what a Special Order is... does that mean we won't be seeing re-releases under the Special Order category after all?

And if he really is a Special Order, then where's the "Limited Edition" for this month?

SOOM, I AM CONFUSE.

2. There probably will be a limited of 50 like most of the gem SO have been.... but then, Aloa/Sov didn't say that and had the order period time instead, so who knows....

3. I'm hoping there's something really striking about his face...I'm a sucker for a good, long nose, which he doesn't appear to have, but I'll bet he's still beautiful anyway. :)

I really do have a lot of time for Soom - they're not just selling a doll, but a whole back story that goes with it. Only yesterday, I took the time to read about the Idealian story
      and I'm impressed! Construction-wise too, I'm a big fan of the 'brain' thing holding everything up as it would do in real life...as with the doll, without the brain the whole body collapses... Genius!:lol:

(sorry if I am waffling, I've only had one cup of coffee...)

4. He is gorgeous. I love his features. Quite different from the others, all taken together. I love his eyes and the shape of his lips.

He is a bit of a puzzle. His outfit could fit in with the Time Leapers, since it mentions that they have historical costumes. Maybe they put him up in the wrong place? It just seems odd that he wouldn't be part of that storyline.

Can't wait to find out!

5. Well, one of my theories as to why Danube is SO instead of LE is that he isn't part of the Time Leapers story line. His outfit could work with the time traveler theme, but could also work outside of it ( as opposed to guys like York and London, whose clothes were very clearly time traveler themed).

So I'm thinking maybe LE = dolls that fit into the Time storyline, and SO = dolls that don't?

Man, I would think this is all a big mistake and they just put him in the wrong category XD except that's what we all thought about Aloa and Sov, and we were wrong!

6. Yes, I take your point...so, SO could be just a sculpt or idea that they want to get out there witout the constraint of fitting it into the 2 main current themes. :)

Whichever it is, I'll bet Soom enjoy being so enigmatic!^^

7. Definitely interested in the outfit if sold separately.

Need more pictures to decide about the doll.

8. . . . does Danube remind anyone of Raoul Am?

9. Hah, I'm with Angelguardian %100!

sakuraharu, true, but the switch to the Time storyline coincided with the start of the new MD storyline, and the new year, so I don't think it was just a random lark.

I'm guessing Soom has always planned on 1 storyline = 1 year, but since the line had problems in 2010, we only got 4 or 5 dolls out of the year, rather than 12. Which sucks because I really wanted to see some Anti-Idealians :C (I still find the concept to be a lot more intriguing than the Time Traveler concept!)

And yeah, I don't think this will be a limited number release either, because why would they have a limited number AND an ordering period? Seems odd.

10. He looks a lot like Photon to me. Anyone else think so?

11. hmmm I think the mouth is different.. as is the nose compared to Photon. Photon has a very prominent nose ^^;;.

12. Having seen Photon in person I:d say he has more of a "hachet" face, this guy looks related to some of the Super Gem boys than the other Idealians. There certainly something from this angle that says big brother to a HyperManiac boy to me, I love the relation of the eye shape to the cheek bone. Rounded nose tip, thinner lips with a bit of upturn at the corner... >__> I hope I don't like him more once we get more images.

13. I asked Soom about the release date of the new Idealian a few days before the teaser picture came out and got this answer:

Regarding your question :
      Yes, we will be releasing an IDealian guy by the end of this month.
      Please kindly check our website, it should be on sale very soon.^o^
      Best regards,
      Victoria, SOOM

That sounds like one release to me, not two (special AND limited) ... I am confused too.

14. Maybe they will release another one at the end of this month? ^^ I don't think SO is listed in their schedule, because the schedule was made before they created the SO folder... ^^ So we could well expect another one. Although I must say, that Soom has been releasing too many dolls in too short a time!

15. I can't wait for the pictures!! *^*
      His outfit reminds me so far a bit of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, which fits also with the name, I'm so excited about him!
      I just hope his face won't disappoint me as I really want him.

I don't think that there will be another release this month, I think the SO folder just has different features, but still belongs
      to the storyline :3 But we will see tomorrow anyway!^^ *excited*

I never bought an Idealian before, is the wait time very long? I read about 3 months or so.

16. Well, Aloa and Sov are supposed to be basic TG dolls, but when they were releases as SO's they came with the centaur body and funky resin colours. I sort of assumed that SO = basic/human previously limited head sculpts OR a souped-up basic doll with limited parts.

However they've so far stuck to keeping the sculpt name the same, so... I'm going to assume that Danube is a new sculpt. The only thing I can think of is that it seems like SO releases aren't necessarily limited once and for all, but open for future rereleases. So maybe in the case of Idealians, limited = part of storyline, with special parts, never to be released as such again, and SO = sculpt that's likely to be reused sometime down the line for another limited release? Kind of like a more confusing version of the FFD with the Mecha Angels?

17. i like his facesculpt but he is not a "must have doll" for me ^^ i would like to see more of his face anyway,he also has a very nice outfit

18. As far as I remember, in some thread here on the forum someone posted Victoria's reply about SO and there was quite clearly stated that SO releases are just plain limited releases with the chance to order the clothes separately.
      So, I think, that's all difference. No obligatory re-releases of older molds. There can be new molds, like this new guy or tiny Aloa and Sov. And their promo outfits we can order separately.
      It's only my personal understanding of Victoria's words, though.

19. Yeah, that's what I was thinking too when I saw the catagory on the website.

20. 420$ ??

Is he one of the small Idealians? :/