1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian51 Danube "Blue Eyed Lover" Discussion

May 20, 2011

1. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I expected to see knee breeches, stockings, and some fancy period shoes, but. . . cowboy boots?! :o I guess no one wanted to construct stockings and garters in that scale. :XD: It's a good thing ruffles, even with frayed edges, are something of an archetype or I'd suspect the designer had been spending too much time looking at Souldoll's clothes. ;) I suppose I should be happy they don't come out with these clothes in the size and/or color I'd want. If they'd made the Emerald King outfit for a Mecha Angel or Danube's for a Super Gem (and in a color other than red) I'd have been in trouble. :sweat

2. Yes, a more definitive 18th century look would have been pleasing, but alas! :)

(The Emerald King outfit was gorgeous - I was sorry to have missed out on that...:()

3. oh, so he is 50 cm. Well, good for me, since I am safe then. But I really like his face. Not sure why, it is simple, yet very attractive.
      maybe because of the eyes. He is beautiful, but i collect only big boys:)

4. I kind of figured the name was a giveaway on his size. . . unless Soom decided to ditch the subatomic particle names for the big boys. ;)

If they wanted to go with boots something that looked like a riding boot (black or dark brown) might have been better.

5. He reminds me of Ender and other recent dolls. Well, at least London has someone to cavort with. ;)

6. :lol:...I knew some of the names were scientific, but didn't know in essence what they meant.

Somewhat OT, but I thought it was amusing:
      From Wikipedia
      Hyperon: In particle physics, a hyperon is any baryon containing one or more strange quarks, but no charm quarks or bottom quarks. ;)

From Merriam-Webster.com
      Pangen: a hypothetical heredity-controlling particle of protoplasm

From Wikipedia again
      Photon: In physics, a photon is an elementary particle, the quantum of the electromagnetic interaction and the basic unit of light and all other forms of electromagnetic radiation

Gluino: ...something to do with particle accelerators, but I started to fall asleep halfway through the sentence...><

...Photon gets off lightly here, but poor Hyperon and Pangen!^^

7. What a rake. A great addition to Soom's idealians. He does not significantly remind me of other dolls, but he is just a gorgeous!

I guess it is telling to how outrageous Soom's outfits are usually priced, that I think his outfit is reasonably priced this time. But then I read the posts that he is a small boy so I guess that is why. No winning! :-(

I wish he were a big boy at the small boy prices LOL

8. I'm kind if glad they didn't go with breeches, as much as I love period costumes, I think what they did updates the outfit, a kind of modern meets rococo (or is this victorian, sorry it's early here. >.>), but I do agree with the boots. A nice riding boot would have been love.

9. fffff, he's really gorgeous, I thought he was really cheap and then I realised...he's one of the 51cm ones XD I was pretty disappointed I was hoping he'd be a big 72cm hunk of resin. Although my wallet is now safe... he'd just look too awkward between my super and mega gems ^^;

10. My father in law worked at Fermi National Accelerator Lab and pointed this out to me. We were giggling about this in the IDealian thread not so long ago. And Branon is a theoretical particle too. I wonder if York's name was an attempt at Quark. If so, he got off really lightly.

Someone at Soom's got a sense of humor-- or a love of the sciences, with the mineral-named LE Gems, etc.

11. why does he have to be 51cm? ;___; so dissapointing!

12. I'm glad he's an ID51, the price and size makes it more possible
      for me, if I decide to get him. But the sale period is crazy short,
      even for Soom. :-\
      edit: @ least he isn't limited to 50 :sweat

13. Soom's website is not loading properly when trying to see this guy, so I guess folks are buying him up. I am curious of his size and he does looks handsome, but his price is really tempting. I was wondering why he was cheaper until I saw how tall he was.

14. Unfortunately with the number of people not interested in this size I wonder how many of the 51's will actually sell. I would hate for this line to be discontinued because of low sales.

15. Sorry, idk why it errored... here, Tinypic to the rescue!
      [​IMG]

And check this out guys,
      May ID72 Cancellation

16. This is how I feel about the Mecha's...:(

Kaourika - Thanks again, I haven't seen this pic before - it's really useful for getting some actual idea of scale/proportions next to another doll!

17. Okay now this size is really tempting, and sad to hear that the May 72ID is cancelled. I may just have to wait and see what comes this summer. The ID 51 is not too bad, just a odd size I guess. I wonder if the Soul Doll Vito clothes would fit?

18. Has anyone approached Soom successfully about skin tone options??? I NEED NEED NEED this guy - but in white!!!!

19. sakuraharu - Yes, they do! And I like it that their name choices aren't...I guess obvious doll names, but still work quite well :lol:

If they're going with a rivers theme for names, I wonder when we'll see a Nile or Thames...or maybe not!:sweat

20. We were discussing clothes options in the ID 51 thread here;
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...m-Idealian51-London-Steam-Engine-Rider/page10

On page 10 timid posted some measurement comparisons with Vito included.