1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian51 Danube "Blue Eyed Lover" Discussion

May 20, 2011

1. Cool thanks!

2. I've heard both that it's impossible to get a different skin tone, and some near-mythical comments that people have been able to get one-off skin tone changes on the sly...never hurts to ask, but they're no Leekeworld. :sweat

.hlp

3. This guy is so gorgeous. I wish I collected this size, but with three 72cm IDs in my collection, poor Danube would look out of place.

I hope they sell a good number of him. It would be sad for them to get the wrong message about this size doll. On the other hand the 72cm line took a really long time to develop a following, so maybe they'll have learned from this.

4. I'm gonna go for it- I just have to wait til Friday. He looks like such a troublemaker....

5. *laughs* Oh, I never thought of that one! Quark isn't even the original spelling, I guess. I guess since Hyperon has no charm (quarks) that must be why he's being so difficult. :XD:

Unless they really are done with the subatomic particle names. Pity if true, there are so many interesting ones to choose from! Glueball isn't terribly glamorous for a name, though. ;)

Soom could give their Mecha Angel line a little love once in a while. :(

6. They seem to be pulling from European landmarks for both the time leapers (72cm) and paradise rush guys (51cm). York was a 72cm boy. And a county. :) Then London of course. I'm not crazy about boots either, mainly because they look clunky, but I don't believe they're trying for historic authenticity here. More of a fantasy mishmash. He is the first face sculpt that still has me interesed after the full reveal. And he's a 51. I'm supposed to be on doll hiatus till next year. I don't know if he's grabbing enough to break that. Better decide quick. I wonder if he's a special order because it was supposed to be a 72 doll. Ah well. A least the outfit can be a seperate purchase. Need to double check those Soom vs Soul Doll measurements.

7. I was completely safe until I realized he was one of the shorter ones. *facepalm*

Oh what a perfect addition he'd be....
      NO! NO! what am I SAYING? O_o

8. Ugh....so tempted even though he is an ID51 instead of ID72.

9. I guess I can be relieved that he is a 51, sad but relieved. I still quite like him but he's too small for my group.
      So the doll money just goes in a different direction. >_>

10. So...anyone sprung for him yet? :B

11. IF I spring for him I'd wait until near the end of the order period. ;)

12. I thought it was Gluon (glue-on)? :?

ok, ok, so much more glamorous, right?

Now, I'm thrilled by the looks of this beautiful Danube, but I have not received my London yet; he's probably a month out if previous Idealian orders are a good estimate. I'm pretty sure I do not want to order another before I get the first.

13. *laughs* I'll cheat here and quote Wikipedia:
      I wonder if these guys (and their bigger brothers) will ever join the X-mas kits Soom offers at the end of the year.

14. It's getting close to the end for him, did anyone else order besides me?

15. um, me.

We're just destined to share waiting rooms, are we not, kadepie?

At least as long as Soom keeps releasing gorgeous guys on the short side. ;)

16. I like him but he is too small for my set of boys.

17. Oh good! :) I was afraid I was totally on my own with this one! I just have a feeling that I am going to love these guys and didn't want to take the chance on not getting Danube. I love his whole set up but haven't sprung for the outfit/boots and wig yet. I didn't get the wig either because for some reason I am picturing him with fur or something shaggy in blond.

18. I'm still thinking about him! I must decide soon!

19. I got the boots & his gorgeous eyes, but not the rest.

I'm quite sure the boots will spark something in the way of spiffy steampunk/retro-futuristic Victorian duds.

But he'll be wearing sweats after I open his box. Loose-fitting stretchy clothes are a lot less of a risk for a new size of doll. :lol:

20. Gezz the more I stare at him the more I'm on the fence.......... must stop looking! LOL