1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian51 Danube "Blue Eyed Lover" Discussion

May 20, 2011

1. Ouch... O.O Don't tell me he looks different than the photos??? Oh, let me see the photos, please? D:

2. Uh uh thas bad news, in the soom photos he looks very handsome!! oh I want a Danube boy but now, I don' know...mmm Is the makeup in the soom pictures different?

3. I was surprised at how pale the faceup was, but when I look at the pictures, I think it is quite ture to the pictures. l really like it now! Eyes and wig are not right yet!

And I edited my picture and got it larger!

4. He looks great Nancy.

Oh, I'm sorry :( Maybe if you darken his faceup?

5. It's not just his face up. His resin looks so clear, like there's almost nothing to it. My daughter said he looked like a ghost.

6. I had the same reaction as first. His head didn't seem to match the body. But now looking at him carefully, I can't see enough difference to complain about.

7. I was not immediately grabbed by this doll when I got him home, but he is displaying an unexpected and endearing sense of humor (;)).

When I get a face-up on him and put his eyes in, I'm sure the doll's character will be fully fleshed. He hopes the doll-body of his character will be fully dressed. :lol:

8. I would have to say I was not immediately pleased with him either! But he has grown on me and I am quite happy now! I think he may want to be a dancer.

9. Does anyone know where the measurements are for Idealian 51 on the Soom website? I've been hunting and can't find them. Mostly, I need eye and wig sizes.

10. ID51 head is tiny-sized. So I assume 12mm and 14mm eyes... 6-7 inch wigs. >.>

11. I second that, franciscomartins. I would also like to know what other heads could go on these bodies. Since Soom doesn't seem to want to put out a human white skin IDealian51, I have to look elsewhere for a WS head for my Zinc body.

12. I like their eyes more 8mm to 10 mm for a more realistic look.

13. I actually liked my Danube (Idealian 51) a lot. I thought he looked as good as the promo shots, and he's also great with other looks. I believe that the idealian 51 size is more posable than the 72 cm line.
      For those of you who would like to see some pictures:

Pic number 1 (original wig and faceup)
      Pic number 2 (redhead wig and different faceup)

14. Great pictures! I like his outfit!