1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian51 - London - Steam Engine Rider

Mar 30, 2011

1. LOL. City names. I vote for Liverpool (weird guy) and Brighton (cute guy.)
      this fella is seriously wonderful. I want a partner for my Vito, but he's tan also. oh, Soom...what have you done?

2. Does anyone think that the body will be similar to the current Idealians, or does anyone think Soom will make a totally different body for this size? I wonder if he will come with a brain too?

3. I have a feeling when he turn to face us........ we are all SOOMED!!!!!! ^.^

4. Looking at just the hands they look similar to the Idealian72 ones, so maybe the rest of the body will as well. Hopefully we won't have to long to wait to find out.

^This! I just really don't understand that.

Lol That's all I'd need and there goes the little money I'd saved up for AX. Especially now that I don't have the excuse that he's "to big".

5. The face looks much more teenage to me. So maybe he'll be a well-built teenager? But the face is too young for my tastes. So I'm safe. Whew!

6. Oh dear. So far I've resisted all the soom limiteds, but the size.... :heart: Fortunately I'm scared of tan dolls, so I think I'm safe from this one? *crosses fingers*

7. I'm interested to see the measurements for them; head circumference, etc.

8. I'd like to see pics of him next to a SG and a 70-inch Idealian, but he's easy on the eyes so far. Plus steampunk, sigh. :)

.hlp

9. Ha, Ha,.....me too, but I don't know about this one :sweat

10. I am not so sure about the doll, but if his outfit is every bit as amazing as he is, I'm going to have to sell a few firstborn children to get it. Is anyone else in love with that wig? It would really be perfect for an SD of mine- what do you think the headsize is for these new guys?

11. London is gorgeous!! Lookit those hands!!
      I love that there is now a size range for mature minis just like there is for 60-70cm dolls. Of course, this means I have no way to crowbar him into my collection because he's the wrong scale, but I love where Soom is headed with their faces.
      I'm a bit of a sucker for the steampunk accoutrements too, even if they are a bit hackneyed after all these years, since it's akin that Mad Max post-apocalyptic aesthetic I so idolized as a child.

12. I agree. His hands are just beautiful! I look forward to seeing full body pictures. :)

Unless one looks particularly young, I really, really have to stay away from another out of scale size, no matter how appealing. I have a bad feeling that I will need to chant this as a mantra frequently with these guys. :sweat

13. The teaser looks so much intriguing! I'm a big fan of such a steampunk style but his rather small size doesn't match with my dolls' size. So, I'm saved from buying him I think. But... I hope his face won't be stunning enough to break all my preferences in sizes. :lol:
      In any case I'm looking forward the rest of his photos.

14. I agree about the resin colour!

15. *D* screw scale, he's PERFECT. I've never wanted a darker skinned doll before, or a buff, realistic looking one ( I love dolls with weird faces, like the grinning chibi unoa, Cupid3, etc) but I'm in love ;3; I have to see if my dad will get him for my 21st, i just have too many layaways to do it myself... ugh, damn you Leeke, resinsoul, dollzone and soom...

16. I think someone here on DOA mentioned that the hands didn't look in proportion, which is strange because we havn't even seen the proportions yet, anyway they look fine to me as well.

17. Oh, my. That skin color and face.

I have no idea how I could incorporate that size into my collection.

18. Here's a wider photo showing his hands although I sized it down for the thread:

[​IMG]

EDIT: posted a lighter version of the photo for more detail.

19. Odd. I don't see anything about the hands that I'd consider unexpected, but maybe they mean the obvious veins? Not a lot of dolls have that specific detail, so that might be throwing them off?