1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Idealian51 - London - Steam Engine Rider

Mar 30, 2011

1. I love veins on dolls! Especially hands.

2. Someone did post a comment on his sale page. But I also pointed it out in the
      other thread. Scale-wise his hands are too big for his face.....it truthfully looks
      like another doll is reaching towards him. I just like dolls to be in proportion...
      but I realize it doesn't matter to everyone. No big deal!
      He's still interesting, just too feminine for my taste. What I'm waiting for is Soom
      to release images of the entire body...rather surprised they didn't put any up ages
      ago. And I hope they won't make us ask for them :|

3. Okay....I kinda see what you are talking about. His face looks rather lost amongst that big wig and hat as well. Maybe when we see full pics he will look more in proportion. I really hope the arms are long. I really dislike short muscular arms.

4. Yeah his head-gear/wig are pretty massive, so it's quite possible
      he looks more proportionate otherwise!! Anyone wondering and
      hoping for NS/CW options too?

5. I'm hoping they don't do a NS/CW option, that would make me not safe from this guy xD I have a feeling he won't work with my plans anyway, but I'm really excited to see what soom will be doing with this line!

6. I think the size is perfect. And you could easily say that he is some sort of halfling or something to get him to "fit in" with larger dolls. My main character is sorta based on "halfings." He's so gorgeous! I can't wait to see more photos. I might have to sell a doll to afford him, though...

8. Not sure yet if this particular boy will nab me, but the teaser gives me hope for hte rest of the 51 line.

9. I'm wondering, besides clothing etc. options (which is a good reason to be wary of buying), why does it matter so much that he isn't in the same range as a 60cm? If this is going to be a new line (and there are already several dolls from other companies, with more possibly in the future) coming in this size, I don't see the big deal. To me it would be like if up until now we only had the option of buying 60 cm, when they come out with 40cm (or even 70cm, remember when only one company had that range, now almost all companies do!). I don't think people should be discounting this new size just yet without considering that it might become more popular (a size range in itself), and then dolls could easily "fit" in with this new range.

But it is other people's choice, I guess. I just find it sad, because this happened to another one of my favorite companies, with few dolls sold because people were afraid it wouldn't fit in. I am willing to take the chance (if I get this doll!) at least!

If he is as cute as I think from the profile (I am often wrong with this, sometimes they just don't look the same from the front!), I certainly wouldn't mind selling my last dolls to get him! Then it would be just him! And he would fit in fine with the rest of the line (if it is as beautiful).

10. If he was between 60-80cm I'd be in trouble but since he's only 51cm I think I'm safe. For some reason, I've always wanted a big black man doll in my collection and unfortunately poor, beautiful London is just too small to fulfill this wish. I suppose it's for the best though since I'm trying to get off the drug that is Soom. ;)

11. Well, I think the primary issue is scale. I'm pretty picky about all of my dolls being in scale to one another because they are all characters in the same family setting. Even though there's an enormous range in height between them all, I still maintain certain standards like no eyes smaller than 14mm or wigs smaller than eight inches. That way nobody looks like they are suffering from microcephaly or a premature aging disease. :(
      So if London has a small head and his proportions are still seven to eight heads high, he is more like a really tall 1/4 scale guy. He wouldn't look like he was the same type of humanoid as a really short 1/3 scale guy. A hobbit, yes. A stocky wrestler, no.
      I have invested far to much in the twenty dolls I own to chuck them out on a bet that this new scale will develop into suitable replacements for all of those characters. Plus, as I age I suspect that I will continue appreciate the bigger dolls because I'll still have the dexterity to make tiny things for big dolls! I already get frustrated enough with the smaller ones I do have! :sweat

12. I couldn't agree with St. James more. For me it's about fitting in with the rest of my family...I have all 60-72cm and one MSD an SDC and an SD but they are meant to be younger...young boys. I think a smallish beefed up guy will have no place in my family, while he might be lovely and all, I just dont see where he would fit into my characters. I really think Vito's have nice faces but the body just really is too much. Maybe I will be eating my words, but I just dont see it.

13. I think my problem is that I never had more than a couple of dolls at any one time. So, it might be harder for me to "visualize" how they would all look.

... Not to mention, that one of my characters fits this sort of large size gap perfectly. He is supposed to be like a human, but much smaller. Not "Frodo"-sized, but different.

I have been to a doll meet, but that was before the 50 cms started coming out....

14. Actually, looking at the Zaolls... they're taller than he is. So they wouldn't be a good fit. Not a lot of girls in this range, if any, then.

15. He seems really gorgeous, but yes, I'm also afraid that he won't fit in my dolls family :/
      Imo, 55-58 cm would have been better to consider with the rest of my crew.

Anyway, can't wait to see others pics!

16. I'm intrigued by the wig, too, which is a pattern with me and Soom :sweat. I really wanted the Ender wig, too . . .

I think they're really gorgeous hands. They look like they might be on the big side, but I don't think they'd be that much bigger than his face from chin to brow, and isn't that the rough proportions hands are to faces?

17. This. Our perception of the top of his browline is being distorted by the headgear. It was my initial thought as well until I took the headgear into account, and realized they were probably far more in scale than the image makes it appear.

18. I am delighted that you could already start a collection of adult, mature-looking dolls in a totally diffferent scale... these guys have to be the Idealians for MSD; must look terrific with an Unoa or a chicline girl!

19. I think they will look a bit weird next to a Chic-line, as C-line dolls have tiny heads, but Unoas will most likely look nice next to an Idealian51.
      I find this an interesting size and I'm a collector who is less interested in making all my dolls look good next to each other. I like to collect interesting dolls. My Chic-line El looks horrible next to all my other dolls, but it will be easier to buy another doll in his size category as it will look good next to my El. ^_^
      So I hope Soom will continue to make Idealian51 dolls until I can afford one.

20. Oh God, if this guy is going on sale tomorrow, I wonder if that means another late night tonight? And then they don't release him till later on on the 1st. It'll be last month all over again.