1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom July MD: Migma – Rauco of Sin

Jul 5, 2011

1. that's really only a matter of preferences. personnally I only got one body because I don't want twins. I will either use the 2 heads for the same character or sell one head if I feel it's not good enough when it gets here....

2. Thanks for the input! :) At first I felt the same way, but now I keep going back and forth. I guess the deciding factor should be that if I do end up wanting twins, and don't get the body, I'll never find another purple body for her. Darn Impldoll for making Fantasia limited! (Especially since they would make a great family together too..)

3. I had a similar dilemma when Beryl, LMOD came up for sale and I was lucky enough to get two for the purpose of twins...Unfortunately, I found that I did not do as much with them as I had originally envisaged and not long after I sold one. :( I think if you have a strong idea of what you want from the twins than go for it as if it doesn't work you can still sell a complete doll later down the line. Also this resin hasn't come up before so if you wanted to make twins later, it may be harder to find a match.

This is only my thoughts to try and help you see what you really want from the dolls...either single body and two heads or 2 dolls is great!:)

4. Thank you for sharing your experience with me! ^^ I think you are right, better to have the option of two then be sad later! I have a Beryl LMOD too :) She really is the crowning jewel of my collection. I am sorry your idea of twins did not go as planned! Are you planning to get a Migma? I was thinking that Migma would be a good companion to Beryl, not many can compare with her sculpt, and they would look so lovely together.

5. So, it looks like Migma's wings are black without blushing! This makes me wonder whether I should risk not buying the body blushing....

6. ladyroselie - I think they would look excellent together - they can compete with one another over who is the biggest baddass! :lol: I think at the time I sold my Beryl's I was kind of over-saturated with the hobby and was completely lacking direction and creativity if I'm honest...

Though I think Migma is absolutely wonderful and I love her expression, I have just paid off Bazael and don't think I can commit straight away to another layaway...also I have nothing left to sell on Ebay!!;)

7. I do understand your feeling!I love my beryl special order but i must confess that , if right now i weren't out of money, i would surely put on layaway Migma.
      Just a suggestion if you like her and you can afford her just get her,better to have later some bitter regrets!

8. $abbatha - It's the war from the beginning of time between head and heart! :) I definately can't make a final decision until the 21st, so for now I will just say never say never!><

9. I know that feeling of oversaturation, its actually Migma that has jumpstarted my interest again. I love your idea of them as too badass chicks! The funny thing is though, the character I created for my Beryl is so sweet :lol: maybe she can pretend for a few photo shoots.

I am sorry you aren't able to get a Migma, I hope that if you choose to try and find one later you will ;)

10. Thanks ladyroselie! I got so sick of myself buying a doll and then selling it that I thought it would be best to walk away for a little while...and I did, (but still kept tabs on DOA every other day or so...^^) and when I saw Bazael, it took me a while to warm up to him, but now I am head over heels for him and can't wait to have a doll at home once again! :)

11. ladyroselie : i think that you should get the 'two dolls' . &#9829; i completely agree with anyone who has told you that it will be much harder later to match the resin, more time consuming to find a body later, probably more expensive to get one later, and you can always sell a whole doll later should you no longer wish to have 'two'.

if you have the money and it is not a hardship, i think that the extra body is completely the way to go.

12. I know I'm a little late to the discussion, but I'll probably be ordering the two bodies but they're just different personalities of the same character, not twins. I could get away with only having the one body, but I'd like the option for psychotic Fight-Club-inspired interactions with herself.

Migma has also inspired a shift in my doll collection. For a while I've been getting the feeling that I just wasn't connecting with several of my dolls, but I had no reason to part with them. Now, to make some money for Migma, I'm selling anything I haven't really bonded with (which is all but my two favorites). I think she helped me realize that no matter how hard I try, I will never like tiny dolls. Hopefully I'll be placing my order for her soon. :3

13. I'm still thinking about buying Migma and still trying to make up my mind which head I like better... And I'm having a problem with that. Is it possible to get 1 body (full) and a floating head? Or does SOOM only sell body+head set? <Sorry about newbie-like-question...>

14. the basic version comes with 1 body, 2 heads and fantasy bat parts.
      you can purchase a second body if you do not want to have a floating head ^^ (but the second body will have normal breast)

15. Ohhh. I was so sure they only give one head! Being newbie and not knowing sucks! :(
      Thank you very much for clearing that up for me~!

16. Cat ^..^ Thank you for your advice! I am feeling more and more that is the way to go. I also like the option of having a "normal" sized décolletage option as opposed to only the "grande" version ^^

Pazuzu I like your idea of two personalities for one person, that is very intriguing. I hope you'll post more of your character plans later :)

17. Finger crossed for you,i'm making my counts to see if i can afford her or not,till next week i have a lot to think XD

18. ladyroselie, thanks! I certainly will.

19. I keep talking myself out of it and keep getting sucked in again. If only I could stay away from the Soom site until the end of the order period. I managed to do it for Adamelli...lol. I promised myself my next doll was going to be Hellena...*sigh*

20. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh *bangs head on desk* i'm buying her in violet...with the extra body and all the fixins ;)