1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom July MD tiny: 'Keny & Silt – Little Shaman' discussion.

Jul 8, 2010

1. Agree with everyone saying these are the best looking tinies from Soom for a while. The skull cap is actually slaying me with its cuteness but I really need a more posable body from Soom before I bring any more tinies home.

2. It's funny, Eliv/Iv was my absolutely favourite Soom tiny release FULLSTOP.
      Not my favourite head (that goes to Yrie/Alk), but by far the best clothes and fantasy parts.

I think sometimes Soom just have this vision that doesn't involve either a boy or a girl.
      This time, neither are wearing little bra tops so they're clearly supposed to be boys.
      With Afi and Ai, even though they put Afi in shorts, both dolls were clearly supposed to be girls in their mind, yet loads of people have made really amazing boys or girls out of their Afis and Ais. So I'm confident these 2 will be the same with a little bit more effort.

This all brings me back to a theory I had when the Faery Legend series was released.
      I figured that since they now have that series to be fantasy, sparkly, and generally appeal to those who are attracted to a more fantastical world, the Pella series would become much more down to earth.
      This is definitely a good sign of that. These 2 really don't scream FANTASY. Even with hooves (which I'm sure they'd have!).

Wish Soom would take a break with the BROWN though xD
      Everyone here knows how much I detest BROWN. (not brown skin, Soom have given me a real love for tan resin, I mean brown clothes and faceups).

They may still have potential, but as I said a few weeks ago, there are already too many hooves in this household, so unless they have something amazing and different, I'm glad to be unimpressed here!
      Really don't need more hooves! ::laughs::

3. Oh and, anyone else think the tan one looks stoned? xDD

4. lol yeah I get what you mean about the brown. To be honest tho, I rarely ever get soom face ups, wigs eyes or outfits, so I'm usually REALLY safe with my soom dolls not getting old/boring. And since I don't really "do" the whole fantasy thing, these little ones are RIGHT up my alley.

But GOD, let me tell ya, I absolutely ADORE that chibi skull too XD I won't be ordering face ups or outfits tho. *shakes head* Not unless I decide that I need two of them >.> I hope I don't decide that XD

5. I definitely want that skull too, but getting into a split for one will be a hassle and money is tight due to too many amazing dolls being released lately so I think I'll hold off! I don't have a single doll who could use it anyway! ^_^;;

6. Really want to see what fantasy parts they have. I'd love to get a little brother for my Aphan. Even though bronze and tan aren't exactly alike, are they? Do you think the Winnie Dee Afi head might work on the body though? I'm nor sure if it was bz or tan.

7. Bwahahaha!! Holy cow! It's Nel! Green wig, golden eyes, the right face up. . . chibi Arrancar Neliel! :XD: Probably want to make the horns curlier though. Still. . . this is the first time I've seen the possibility of a Bleach character in a Soom doll. :lol:

8. I love that chibi Chalco! XDD He's sooo cute!! I'm glad no SG boys this time, tho. So I'm safe... X3

9. I'm gone, I am totally soomed by that tan tiny. I'll get her blank (she'll be a girl for me! :D) without outfit, and I will be the happiest ever. Oh Soom, I will never escape you. xD

10. Midnite: It was the Iv/Eliv face that I wasn't keen on - I liked the fantasy parts, which was why I joined a split for them so my Glati could steal them, but the faces were my least favourite of the Sooms. That's just my personal preference though, I'm not saying that the faces were bad, just not my style, whereas I like the face on these guys more (Glati's pout with Afi's big eyes). I hope that doesn't sound too negative, I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything. :sweat

gridbug: I know, the skull is so cute! It makes me wonder what kind of creature it came from though. X3

On a side note, I seem to have ended up with a few sets of red eyes with my tinies already, and there are more red eyes here. Does suit him though. :D

11. Ooh, you're right! I totally didn't spot that!

12. Haha no no, not insulting at all! ^_^
      At first I was a bit HMMM about the HUGE SMILE of Eliv and Iv, but I adored the whole package so much that I went for her, always thinking I might change her head along the way.
      In the end though, she had this wonderful charm that was just so different from the rest of my tinies and I ended up loving her just as she was!
      My favourite type of face though is usually the pouty kind, and I definitely see Glot/Glati mixed with Afi/Ai here.. which would normally be a winning combination but with all the brown and neutral, I think I'll just go play with my Glot and Afi instead! ::laughs::

13. To be honest, their outfit fits their theme, but I think they look too simple right now :/ the only thing that might make me buy that outfit is if they have cute little skirts / kilts. The skull is just too cute :D and look at those cute lil faces. I hope 'jumps up and down' that they have hooves, I missed the other tinies with hoves, and I hope they are split hooves :D (not horse ones)
      Do you think those horns on the skull will be de-attachable ?

14. chibi chalco for the win!

15. Ahhh! Don't say that, Nel is one of my favourite characters! xD I do not need to bring home two little brats! *wibbles*

16. Aw, the smile definitely makes them one of the more unique Soom sculpts. I can see them being the sort of doll that makes you want to smile back at them. X3 RE: Keny and Silt - haha, fair enough. X3 They really don't like doing extreme faceups on their tinies, do they? I would like them to be more outrageous with them (although that said, I didn't like the extreme blushing on Grit and Syen's faceups... I'm so picky, heehee). You could always get them blank though and get someone else to do them? Not that I should tempt you! X3 I'm thinking they might have one rather than two heads, meaning no surprise from a special head awesome faceup, since normally they show both heads in the promo shots.

I imagine they probably will be hooved, although I feel like there's so many hooved tinies now. @.@ The horns look detatchable from the promo pic. Either that or they have a really extreme join line. X3

17. I like these. They're a bit neutral (face-wise) but I think their outfits are quite elaborate, even if they're in neutral colors.
      I also get that Glot/Ai vibe here from these.. And yes, that skull is *too* cute!
      I can't wait to see more pictures. The tan one's not my flavor, and I can't see enough of the WS oe to make up my mind.
      We *are* sure she's WS and not NS, aren't we?

18. ..I have to add that there's definitely a trend going on within Soom to try and found out how their style differs from other companies, by trying to mingle other companies' styles within their own. Qualities of FL's Marcia in Grit and Syen, Luts in Coquina and Aphan (Bory), and I am seeing some qualities of many yo-sd's in little Keny and Silt.
      I think these will appeal to a lot of people.

19. You know I was actually thinking that!
      In the beginning it was so hard for me to go for anything except a fullset. That was just what I did.
      I even ordered Bygg's shoes and never used them!
      Then Afi and Ai came along, I really wanted both of them but couldn't afford them and wanted different things from each, so I split off the Ai heads and the Afi clothes and ended up with both, just not in full.
      After that everything changed! Shonki came out and I didn't get any blushing or faceup or shoes, Grit and Syen came out and I got both of them, but split off Grit's outfit and Syen's body and fantasy parts.
      I think the next step for me will just be getting a totally blank doll and going from there!
      I'd almost love to have someone dye one a really amazing colour for me and go all out with the blushing and such!
      It's just a shame they have human ears. T_T

I actually loved the Grit/Syen faceups though! ::laughs::
      Once of the best things I think they've done with the tiny painting so far!

20. I think though that the paler one is actually NS, guys! It looks a little too pink to be WS. :D Of course that could be blushing. We will have to wait to find out.