1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom June MD: 'Coquina- Eternal Destiny' discussion.

Jun 14, 2010

1. I'm liking this too. I just whacked up the zoom to 400% and her face is growing on me, but I think she might be too young looking.....I'm not a fan of the glitter eyes either, never have been....but I won't judge her completely just yet! Wonder what her fantasy parts will be?!

edit note: think her face would be a good candidate for gender swapping - would make a cute man-cub!

2. My only fantasy girl is a Galena so I've already got the bird feets down. I'm looking to reshell one of my demon characters and have been patiently waiting for Soom to cough up another hooved female body in something normal or tan, since the white doesn't suit my character. I recently put a Soom Lazule on layaway for her mate (going to need to produce a pair of NS Chalco hooves for him eventually) and started to worry that my DoD E-an might be too small/human/childlike to mix well with Lazule, so I've been hoping to see the right elements pop up. Coquina looks like she may have human ears though, so feh. But the face seems quite perfect for my needs.

I don't really see them doing a hooved girl though, that's just my hope talking <3 Coquina may be the first Soom doll I end up splitting for just the human parts, while I keep a torch burning for future hooves.

3. I certainly noticed right away. I had to look at my boy and then at her. Very similar. She certainly is a lot different than their normal... I also noticed a resenblance of their MSDs to the Kid Delfs.

4. I thought she looked a bit like Ninodoll Bada or shampoo. Yeah, very different from what they usally release.

5. Beautiful and original! i hope she has small bust, i am a bit tired of all the dolls being oversized XD. The dress is lovely! And I think she looks normal skin, but blushed...

6. My geologist friend has rubbed off on me, so when each MD comes out I have to look up the mineral reference. :XD: This one is a sedimentary rock primarily composed of coral or shells. So maybe. . . she'll be the kelpie someone mentioned in the speculation thread.

7. She looks very pretty and yes she looks familiar to me too. I might have get those eyes!!

8. Uh...iiihhhh...ahhhh...shhhhhaaaaaaiiiiiittteeee...! I'm afraid, very afraid. I think my wallet is hiding now. Gotta go find it and be on standby. I might just got Soomed again....*sigh*....we shall see.

9. Noooo don't be normal skinnnnnnnnn!
      I really hate normal skin and that will just ruin it all for me.
      It would be so blah too after the male doll fans got grey.. then we girl fans get.. NS.

So I wanted big boobs, crazy resin tone.... didn't get much of that.. but I still may be soomed all the same xD

Edit : Ok so staring at the main page, I don't see how she can be anything but tan. Her colour looks exactly the same as Aphan, and much darker than the new NS Beryl.

And I'm thinking she's some kind of fishy type mer type thing xD
      Way to go me and my explaining xD

10. Lol yeah I was thinking fish appendages as well. Who knows..maybe she'll have fishie hooves...like clear resin in the back of the hoof parts? OoO That would be neat...

I think what caught me off guard the most about her was her thinner and more defined lips. Like ALL of the soom MD's have like those voluptuous bubble lips..XD even the teenie's.

She definitely looks tan to me...but some spots seem way lighter and some seem way darker..maybe she's two-toned? @u@ is that possible lol..

11. Well, there is water in the background! She might be something aquatic...

At first I didn't like her, but upon closer inspection I think she's really pretty! Also, she does seem to have smaller boobs... Yay!

12. I think she's stunning! The tan is gorgeous as always, and I'm really liking her face. It seems so different than the other SG girls. At first I thought she'd be some kind of mer creature too. But with that skull hat I'm not so sure. I can't wait to see more pictures!

13. Aaaah, Frozen, I love that idea! What if she has Kirin-esque scaly hooves? Then the skull thing could still make sense... She could be a shaman of some sort! Of course, she wouldn't really be a Kirin if she didn't have a horn, but, lol, you get the idea.

14. Kirin scaly hooves? I hope so! I keep thinking some sort of mage when I look at her. She's got such a different face from what Soom normally does, I love her!

15. Nooo I say it again, NO SMALLER BOOBS.
      Always go bigger.. GO BIGGER.
      At the least just stick with the usual super gem body. I'd be devastated if they gave her a smaller boob body and there'd be no way to swap it out for another one if she is in fact tan.

I said this with Breccia, I'll say it again, they really need to start offering body choices!
      Not everyone wants to get stuck with a smaller breast body (or in Breccia's case, a bigger breast body).
      It might severely affect my decision should she have a smaller bust. T_T

16. you know i'm just supprised soom is releasing all these dolls this month...the msds...the re-realese...and now this visualy stunning and super cute girl!

Is it just me or dose she look like she's smirking?

17. I think she looks a lot like Aphan (hence why I thought she was a boy at first!), so I wonder if they were both sculpted by the same person?

I definitely didn't think much of her on first glance, but she grows on you!
      I'm quite pleased with her face now, and I wouldn't say no to a tan skin doll as I'm all about the tan as of late (Afi turned into me getting a CH tan fairy and now this!).. it's really all about the fantasy parts and this horrible risk that they've released smaller boobs.
      If they have, I can honestly see me mailing Soom and saying PLEASE reconsider not giving us the option to choose our body type. At the very least, the normal super gem body should always be an option!

I have to say though, I hope I'm safe from her!
      I'm safe from Beryl because I don't like NS and I don't want human dolls, I'm safe from Aphan because he's a boy.. if I could be safe from Coquina too, I could roll around with glee to have an entire month SAFE FROM SOOM! xD

18. Well, I'm safe! I'm really not digging her face. It's very cute, but I tend to like more mature faces. Then again, I'm not surprised. The only faces I've REALLY liked from Soom MDs are Euclase's and Galena's, though Chrom's and Monzo's faces are also nice.

Also not digging the tan resin so much. My fave standard resin tone is white, so this doesn't surprise me. Hope they offer her in CW as well! Though I am happy or everyone else that it isn't just another standard CW girl.

Also not liking that they seem to have reused Chalco's skull mask, or at least the idea of it. Well, I do wonder what her fantasy parts will be like. Might have to snatch 'em in a split if I like 'em enough now that I have my Super Gem body (from Breccia). I do think she'll be some sort of aquatic creature! She gives off a very aquatic vibe.

I am so glad I am not in love with her 'cause my wallet just cannot take the hit right now! I'm safe for another two months at least. XD

19. :D Oh gosh, she's so pretty! Soom hasn't really been hitting the nail on the head for me the past several months, (Apart from Chalco) but she's gorgeous. If she has smaller breasts, my wallet is absolutely going to be doomed. There goes my plan to purchase a 360 this month!

The skull and hands, along with the tan skin, immediately remind me of a female-version Chalco, so I'm probably going to be a bit surprised if Coquina doesn't have hooves.
      On an off-topic note, there's a Spanish fort in my hometown made of the actual coquina. It's quite a pretty mineral substance, sort of the (much prettier) predecessor to concrete.

20. I think she's really cute and I'll be over the moon if it turns out Soom has sculpted a smaller bust.

I like the CW as well so I hope we get both skintones. Since I moved my other Supergems to smaller busted bodies, I dunno how I'd go finding a tan body for her if she has the normal size bust. :lol: