1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom June MD: 'Coquina- Eternal Destiny' discussion.

Jun 14, 2010

1. I can't believe how charming she is! There is such a lite feeling around her, and the colors! Such worm and tender tones! OH can someone tell me how soom manages to make such a pretty creatures! and every month! not to mention we have two this month!
      Sadly i do not think i can let myself to have yet another doll so soon....huh, but she is one of the most interesting among the soom girls! maybe because of a boyish vibes, i am not sure, but she is radiating! Cant get over how lovely she is! and those hands! mmmmm have to go take another look :D she is perfect <3

Oh and i too think she is not SG. She might me around 60 cm... but lets see for real :)

2. I'm sorta here, too. I will likely get her anyway, as I like everything I see thus far other than the face -- and that might be a matter of a minor mod or a new faceup or eyes, and all would be well. If the fantasy parts are wow, that makes it a much easier sell.

I like the outfit thus far, and have not liked a lot of the recent female outfits otherwise. It looks like something I'd wear, from the teaser pic. (In fact, it looks like some things I do wear... )

A lot of companies don't seem to give the female sculpts the love they really deserve, which I find incredibly unfortunate. The female line should never be an afterthought. Soom hadn't been one I thought of in this way, but I'm starting to wonder. The boys have been big on WOW factor, but while I love my Breccia to bits, she was more cute than WOW. I'm hoping for WOW on Coquina, and am very open to it still happening. They've been particularly good at surprising us lately, so I'm staying optimistic.

3. I think she is beautiful, and would make a wonderful partner to Chalco. ^^
      Sadly, I don't collect girl dolls, so I won't be getting her... >.> Nonetheless, I think she's beautiful...
      Most sculptors have gone from companies. DOD for instance, is changing their dolls' looks.
      And now Soom, too. They're already deleting older basic dolls... T.T
      I hope it won't go for the worse since I love their sculpts.

4. The recent changes to Soom's sculpts is interesting. Perhaps they see more of a market with anime-esque dolls? I think it makes her look more innocent. But that could easily be changed with some realistic eyes and a different face up.

I don't really need another girl that size. My Galena's wings take up enough room as it is! But her face is growing on me, and I might have to get that outfit for Tesni.

Funny thought: for those of us who order more than one of the major dolls this month (Coquina, Beryl, and/or Aphan) do you think Soom would do combined shipping?

5. Maybe Aphan and a SG could be, but I believe they've noted in the past that they can't ship two SG size dolls together.

6. I'm interested in seeing more of what Coquina will look like and I can't really tell from only one shot. As a number of others have noted, she does remind me a lot of Ninodoll and past Luts Juri sculpts. A different faceup can change a lot of what one might initially see in promo photos though. I would love to see Soom releasing more female sculpts as MD that resemble SG Dia, Olivine, as well as MA Saiph and Meisa.

7. I thought she was a boy at first... XD She is cute. But I do want to see more pictures. o.o~

8. hmmm, I am a little on the fence about her til I see more pics. I bet I will want her mask most of all though and the outfit looks promising.

9. Same. I had always loved that Soom made strong-looking, powerful women. They had a lot of grace, strength, and true elegance, and this is the #1 thing that drew me to the company. I so rarely see that in the 'cute' sculpts, of which there are already an overabundance out there, IMHO.

10. her outfit almost looks like its made out of snake skin... or fish scales, as most of the comments think she will be a fish.... could they have a snake MD?

11. So much more graceful than some of the other bolder women they've done, she looks intelligent and curious!
      Oh dear. I might be SOOMed.

12. That's really where I'm at. I like cute sculpts too, but what drew me to Soom was their powerful female sculpts. It's just a shame that sculpts like Olivine were discontinued. :[ I can only hope Soom will bring out some more strong sculpts.

It is interesting that her chest doesn't really look like a regular SG girl chest though--a smaller bustline. I'm interested in seeing what she looks like in all her promo shots when they're available. I am definitely reserving a real opinion until I see more photos of Coquina as a whole.

13. I really liked the bold women too. Part of me still wishes I owned a Dia. xD

Could the smaller bust appearance mean Coquina might be another MSD? o.o

14. I've always loved Soom's female sculpts but not this one. Not all all. I wonder too if we have a different sculptor or team sculptors are work as she looks so different.

15. I_DekuPhantomme -- I feel the same way about Dia! Hahaha! XD It was just never in the cards unfortunately. I also wonder if she might be a MSD, but as others have noted...her arm structure resembled a female SG most. I also wonder if she might be a Gem in size.

Patrice S -- I'm reserving my opinion on Coquina, but so far she isn't really my cup of tea (in terms of facial sculpt). I do wonder if it's a different sculptor at play with her. Nothing wrong with that, but I still prefer the edgier female sculpts.

16. They can. They shipped my 2 Chalcos together in one HUGE box. >.>

But then... If you order them not at the same time, they might not be finished at the same time either. ^^;;

17. Crap, she is.. alluring :|

I have no money, so I hope I can pass on this. But if she is a Kelpie, gosh! I don't really want a fantasy girl around here, so I hope the fantasy parts don't swoon me and I can maybe just get the head or something. How I'd have the money for that... no idea xD

I was doing so good on passing with SOOM, lately! Dangit.

18. I am a bit freaked out that soomed decided to do two MD this month, but I am very curious to see the rest of her. I have great expectations about her dress!!

19. Awww.... now why did you have to go and say that??
      ::finds a construction zone and buries her wallet in wet cement::

20. I'm on the line of thinking she's in the same line as Chalco seeing she has the skull and hands...? XD I'm still thinking she'll have hooves. Either way I'm out of the game. I don't like this girl at all. ^^;;

I like the idea of a smaller breast piece though~~~ <3 They are so cute! >w< If they are hopefully they'll do it again. I like the jump from big breast piece to small one if this is the case as well. lol